Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-01-2015, 05:16 PM

1,299 posts, read 2,588,042 times

Advertisements

Every time I turn around, I hear about another story such as this. This comes out of my local paper. The victim, however, is younger than the usual ones I hear about.

School worker accused of sex attempt with 11-year-old student - Orlando Sentinel
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-01-2015, 11:14 PM

42,885 posts, read 26,485,526 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by poodlestix View Post
Every time I turn around, I hear about another story such as this. This comes out of my local paper. The victim, however, is younger than the usual ones I hear about.

School worker accused of sex attempt with 11-year-old student - Orlando Sentinel
And there are no perverts in private schools or parochial schools? That's a very strange and baseless statement; or are you just trying to make a case against public schools?

Old 07-02-2015, 02:54 AM

21,283 posts, read 19,904,325 times
^ Good point. In the same way that pedophilia is considered a problem only in the Catholic Church, when other denominations have the same problem. As do the Scouts, athletic teams, summer camps, etc. Any place where adults are allowed to be alone with children will have this problem.

Old 07-02-2015, 03:23 AM

12,547 posts, read 9,991,039 times
Teacher-student relationship issues no longer shock or interest me.

Old 07-02-2015, 09:16 AM

1,299 posts, read 2,588,042 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2sleepy View Post
And there are no perverts in private schools or parochial schools? That's a very strange and baseless statement; or are you just trying to make a case against public schools?
Okay, I could have worded this differently, geesh! Let's just say schools period. I didn't think about my choice of words until the thought police emerged to attack.

Old 07-02-2015, 09:21 AM

19,906 posts, read 12,195,727 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by poodlestix View Post
Okay, I could have worded this differently, geesh! Let's just say schools period. I didn't think about my choice of words until the thought police emerged to attack.
Most of us understood what you said.

I have been thinking the same thing about the molestation of kids by school employees. This case is particularly odd with the female perpetrator likely being near the age of this child's grandmother. What a sick freak she is trying to have sex with an 11 year old. Hope she is locked away for a long time.

Old 07-02-2015, 09:27 AM

10,994 posts, read 20,628,642 times
Some of the more outrageous incidents are head scratching but let me assure you that this is not a recent phenomenon. In my youth a next door neighbor had a 'funny uncle' who was outed to his relatives by my parents - he was sent packing but the police were never notified. At my high school in the mid 50s the 'young girls network' advised girls to never be alone with one particular teacher. No one had the nerve to report his behavior.

There is nothing new under the sun it's just that children and parents are more inclined to report transgressions.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events