Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-05-2015, 06:49 AM

20,126 posts, read 16,152,106 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hollynla View Post
Again, I think a little reality needs to be brought up again. You said "We don't know her needs and limitations, from being sexually abused. She potentially needs a lot of treatment by someone qualified to do it.". Her needs and limitations? What does that mean? He touched her breasts while she was asleep, what needs and limitations did that cause over 12 years later? Exaggerate much?

Secondly, why would she sue the Duggar parents? If it weren't for them, she wouldn't even know this happened. They are the ones who went to her and made Josh apologize. If she is so concerned about parents that didn't do anything, she should sue her own parents.
Exactly.

Old 07-05-2015, 10:04 AM

33,942 posts, read 22,519,045 times
Quote:
Again, I think a little reality needs to be brought up again. You said "We don't know her needs and limitations, from being sexually abused. She potentially needs a lot of treatment by someone qualified to do it.". Her needs and limitations? What does that mean? He touched her breasts while she was asleep, what needs and limitations did that cause over 12 years later? Exaggerate much?

Secondly, why would she sue the Duggar parents? If it weren't for them, she wouldn't even know this happened. They are the ones who went to her and made Josh apologize. If she is so concerned about parents that didn't do anything, she should sue her own parents.
See, I don't think the fact that she was asleep minimizes her case at ALL. In fact, it ups the creep factor a great deal. That is damn creepy ~ touching sleeping girls. IF that's what happened, she was unable to to protect herself.

And . . .how much do any of us KNOW what happened? Has this victim testified?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-05-2015, 04:17 PM

25,957 posts, read 22,102,658 times
Quote:
How do you know what happened? Jim Bob said he learned it from the victims (as in his daughter, not the babysitter). He said they took Josh to the babysitters house to apologize for what he did, however, the babysitter wasn't aware that it had even took place. This is the same babysitter that is now suing...... 12 years later.
Do you have a link that says the victim was the babysitter? I found this article and it says the girl is still a minor? 18 - 12 = 6 years old. Kind of young for a babysitter. Josh Duggar Molestation Documents To Be Destroyed: Victim Wants Identity Protected - Hollywood Life

And, this sort of explains the details a little better than most articles: What did, or didn't, the Duggar family learn from son Josh's sexual offenses?

Josh's wife had to be really desperate for a husband IF she knew about it from the beginning. In reality, I inprocessed a young man, probably about his age, that had molested 2 little girls, 5 & 7 on a playground and the wife was the lookout when he was doing this. Sick often attracts sick! Child predator or child predators.

Old 07-05-2015, 04:52 PM

16,077 posts, read 28,550,952 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AnywhereElse View Post
Do you have a link that says the victim was the babysitter? I found this article and it says the girl is still a minor? dators.
The victim filing suit is the babysitter. She were named in the original police report, her name has since been removed. Not sure of her age at time of incident, the others, all part of the Duggar family. I don't believe shes currently under age. This should all be put to rest should there be a trial.

The 5 yr old Duggar girl would still currently be underage. and apparently took place after 2002 incidents. In other words may have fallen within statute of limitations. This all very shady.

Last edited by virgode; 07-05-2015 at 05:00 PM..

Old 07-05-2015, 05:04 PM

For anyone who' has missed this:
whats believed to used as grounds for civil suit. One big conspiracy cover up, imo, so no charges could be filed against Josh Duggar.

Quote:
Originally Posted by virgode View Post
This could be the grounds used in civil suit:

This could fall under civil conspiracy - that is, the crime should have been reported to the authorities, and it should have been handled through criminal proceedings,' but wasn't' said Files.

It's very possible that since this was essentially swept under the rug at the time, finding out more of the details - and how much covering up there was - may have led to more damage to the victim.'

Read more: Josh Duggar molestation victim files suit, forces family to talk | Daily Mail Online
Follow us: @MailOnline on Twitter | DailyMail on Facebook

Old 07-05-2015, 05:21 PM

2,830 posts, read 2,650,547 times
Quote:
For anyone who' has missed this:
whats believed to used as grounds for civil suit. One big conspiracy cover up, imo, so no charges could be filed against Josh Duggar.

Wow, yes, such a "conspiracy cover up" that the Duggar parents brought Josh to this victims house to tell her he had done it and apologized.

Conspiracy cover up? Really?

Old 07-05-2015, 06:00 PM

Quote:
Wow, yes, such a "conspiracy cover up" that the Duggar parents brought Josh to this victims house to tell her he had done it and apologized.

Conspiracy cover up? Really?
Waiting 3 1/2 years to report these incident to the police, full well knowing prosecution beyond statute of limitations, appears to be a cover up by the Duggars. They are solely responsible. No one did this to them, they refuse to take responsibility for how this were handled. Neglecting their own childrens emotional welfare. Did you think continued investigation by DFS, bc they have nothing else to do?
They don't even care about the 5 yr Josh fingered vaginally. These incidents normal with their church family group. Sorry, but it has pedophile written all over it. God Lord, I hope you don't have children.

Old 07-05-2015, 06:35 PM

Quote:
Waiting 3 1/2 years to report these incident to the police, full well knowing prosecution beyond statute of limitations, appears to be a cover up by the Duggars. They are solely responsible. No one did this to them, they refuse to take responsibility for how this were handled. Neglecting their own childrens emotional welfare. Did you think continued investigation by DFS, bc they have nothing else to do?
They don't even care about the 5 yr Josh fingered vaginally. These incidents normal with their church family group. Sorry, but it has pedophile written all over it. God Lord, I hope you don't have children.
It's obvious you are just going on with your incorrect facts to help your argument, you've already been told and provided proof that they did report this in 2003, before limitations were up but you just refuse to listen to that. They brought him to police headquarters in 2003, he told the officer what he did. The officer did not file report as he should have. So they brought Josh to this victims house and he told her what he did, they brought him to the police, and you are still going to keep calling in a "conspiracy cover up".

NO ONE here is defending what he did. It was wrong yes, but the misinformation about the entire situation, which is also clearly apparent in this thread, is what needs to stop and is making people like you call this a "conspiracy". Maybe you just like to add unneeded drama? The facts are your friend. The facts about this situation is with the victim, who was the babysitter, read them, absorb them, learn them. Geeez.

Old 07-05-2015, 07:01 PM

Quote:
It's obvious you are just going on with your incorrect facts to help your argument, you've already been told and provided proof that they did report this in 2003,
Okay...the police report I saw dated 2006,
if I'm incorrect, can you direct me to show this originally reported in 2003... thanks in advance.

Old 07-05-2015, 07:14 PM

Quote:

Okay...the police report I saw dated 2006,
if I'm incorrect, can you direct me to show this originally reported in 2003... thanks in advance.
It's been linked in this thread...... more than once.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events