Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-02-2015, 11:36 AM

11,162 posts, read 7,598,902 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hollynla View Post
Yes, I'm sure there is good reason she waited 12 or 13 years later when the family is now worth millions. Makes sense to me.
Just more snark aimed at the victim. We get it. Your sympathies lie with the perpetrator.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-02-2015, 11:39 AM

2,776 posts, read 3,041,411 times
Quote:
What do you hope she wins? And why? Do you think she was traumatized by someone touching her, over the clothes, while she was sleeping? So now she is owed large sums of money?
Wow, you minimize such behavior???

Old 07-02-2015, 11:40 AM

2,830 posts, read 2,626,389 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Petunia 100 View Post
Just more snark aimed at the victim. We get it. Your sympathies lie with the perpetrator.
Statements like that shows more of the ridiculous nonsense this whole thread is about. However, the monetary gains sound so much better when you use terms like victim and perpetrator when referring to a 13/14 year old boy copping on a feel.

Old 07-02-2015, 11:41 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlowerPower00 View Post
Wow, you minimize such behavior???
Yes, I am, because the truth is, from the facts that we do know, it was minimal. So unless there are facts that haven't come out yet, all we know is that he touched her breasts (with clothes on) while she was sleeping. When we are talking in terms of molesting/assault/rape, what he did to her would definitely be minimal.

Old 07-02-2015, 11:46 AM

Quote:
Statements like that shows more of the ridiculous nonsense this whole thread is about. However, the monetary gains sound so much better when you use terms like victim and perpetrator when referring to a 13/14 year old boy copping on a feel.
Molestation is not "ridiculous nonsense". It's a crime. Yes, perpetrator and victim are the words used to describe the person committing the crime and the person being violated.

Perhaps the Duggars' many admirers will donate to their cause so that they end up even richer than before these crimes came to light.

Old 07-02-2015, 11:48 AM

Quote:
Yes, I am, because the truth is, from the facts that we do know, it was minimal. So unless there are facts that haven't come out yet, all we know is that he touched her breasts (with clothes on) while she was sleeping. When we are talking in terms of molesting/assault/rape, what he did to her would definitely be minimal.
Unless? The victim has not even made an initial statement yet.

Old 07-02-2015, 11:49 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Petunia 100 View Post
Unless? The victim has not even made an initial statement yet.
She's had 12+ years.

Old 07-02-2015, 11:51 AM

14,376 posts, read 18,292,014 times
Quote:
No, awake, does that change anything for you? Do you think this is new among young boys? Maybe Josh invented it himself?
So multiple boys touched you without your permission while you were in junior high. And that's the reason you think it's no big deal? Were you dating them and actually engaged in physical intimacy? Or were you just randomly molested by your peers? Did they stop when you told them to?

Because I'm thinking your perspective might be skewed by people treating this as a casual thing. I was molested by one of my peers at school on one occasion, and trust me, it was pretty traumatizing and affected me for years to come. Frankly, if I had corroborating evidence other than just my word and knew it had happened to others, yeah, I'd sue the bastard, less for the cash though and more to publicize what he did. I saw him at our high school reunion, and I don't think he's changed.

Old 07-02-2015, 11:52 AM

Quote:
She's had 12+ years.
And?

Old 07-02-2015, 11:55 AM

25,695 posts, read 21,849,661 times
I am sorry that so many here were molested as a child, or so it seems, and didn't realize that it was something that needed to be reported. I know a lot of families don't agree with reporting behavior like this and that is why it flourishes.

The victim has had to hear, see and read about Duggar for some months now. Arkansas allows a civil case in an instance like this. I hope she is awarded a large sum of money and that it sends a signal to other pervs to keep their hands off of children.

Developing a desire for a young child is something that just doesn't disappear.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events