Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-02-2015, 11:56 AM

2,830 posts, read 2,652,172 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by JrzDefector View Post
So multiple boys touched you without your permission while you were in junior high. And that's the reason you think it's no big deal? Were you dating them and actually engaged in physical intimacy? Or were you just randomly molested by your peers? Did they stop when you told them to?

Because I'm thinking your perspective might be skewed by people treating this as a casual thing. I was molested by one of my peers at school on one occasion, and trust me, it was pretty traumatizing and affected me for years to come. Frankly, if I had corroborating evidence other than just my word and knew it had happened to others, yeah, I'd sue the bastard, less for the cash though and more to publicize what he did. I saw him at our high school reunion, and I don't think he's changed.
Seriously? When I was in elementary and jr. high school and a boy would touch me or any girl anywhere, I would knock the hell out of him and tell the teacher. Then he would get fussed at and would learn not to do that again. End of story. No one was victimized, no one required counseling, recess went on as usual, unless that boy had detention for it. The boy would grow up eventually and we'd probably laugh about some it in our older years. He didn't go to jail, he didn't have to register as a sex offender, he got in trouble whether it from school or his parents and life went on.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-02-2015, 11:56 AM

7,413 posts, read 6,228,034 times
Is Gloria Allred her lawyer?

Old 07-02-2015, 11:59 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by AnywhereElse View Post
I am sorry that so many here were molested as a child, or so it seems, and didn't realize that it was something that needed to be reported. I know a lot of families don't agree with reporting behavior like this and that is why it flourishes.

The victim has had to hear, see and read about Duggar for some months now. Arkansas allows a civil case in an instance like this. I hope she is awarded a large sum of money and that it sends a signal to other pervs to keep their hands off of children.

Developing a desire for a young child is something that just doesn't disappear.
She was a babysitter, I believe she was older than he was.

Old 07-02-2015, 12:05 PM

25,962 posts, read 22,113,827 times
Weren't his sisters much younger? That is also incest which is hopelessly sick. The guy is a perv. I don't know the age of the one that is going to sue.

What's to touch on a 5 year old? Not breasts. Too bad the sisters don't file too!

Old 07-02-2015, 01:05 PM

14,375 posts, read 18,372,221 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hollynla View Post
Seriously? When I was in elementary and jr. high school and a boy would touch me or any girl anywhere, I would knock the hell out of him and tell the teacher. Then he would get fussed at and would learn not to do that again. End of story. No one was victimized, no one required counseling, recess went on as usual, unless that boy had detention for it. The boy would grow up eventually and we'd probably laugh about some it in our older years. He didn't go to jail, he didn't have to register as a sex offender, he got in trouble whether it from school or his parents and life went on.
Yeah, I don't think we're talking about the same kind of thing.

Old 07-02-2015, 01:06 PM

7,029 posts, read 4,894,868 times
Well, you don't have to be conscious to be a victim of sexual assault. There was the case of the woman whose dentist put her out during some procedure and actually got her pregnant. She didn't discover the baby wasn't hers for ages, and she was still able to sue the man. Which I think was a good thing.

But unless this girl sues old Jim Bob, she's not going to get any money. Daddy Warbucks keeps hold tight of the moneybags, from what I hear. Josh just bought a new house and paid $14,000 back to the IRS. He's not working and I don't think his dad is bailing him out. I'm just wondering how he's supporting his family right now.

Old 07-02-2015, 01:07 PM

24,561 posts, read 40,281,740 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rodentraiser View Post
Well, you don't have to be conscious to be a victim of sexual assault. There was the case of the woman whose dentist put her out during some procedure and actually got her pregnant. She didn't discover the baby wasn't hers for ages, and she was still able to sue the man. Which I think was a good thing.

But unless this girl sues old Jim Bob, she's not going to get any money. Daddy Warbucks keeps hold tight of the moneybags, from what I hear. Josh just bought a new house and paid $14,000 back to the IRS. He's not working and I don't think his dad is bailing him out. I'm just wondering how he's supporting his family right now.
SNAP, hahaha

Old 07-02-2015, 01:10 PM

20,126 posts, read 16,157,110 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AnywhereElse View Post
I am sorry that so many here were molested as a child, or so it seems, and didn't realize that it was something that needed to be reported. I know a lot of families don't agree with reporting behavior like this and that is why it flourishes.

The victim has had to hear, see and read about Duggar for some months now. Arkansas allows a civil case in an instance like this. I hope she is awarded a large sum of money and that it sends a signal to other pervs to keep their hands off of children.

Developing a desire for a young child is something that just doesn't disappear.
Here we go again......

The research shows that if adolescents are caught the recidivism rate is 3-4%. The research also shows that with adolescents, particularly young adolescents, it is not always that they desire younger children, but that is who is available to them and that they would actually prefer a person (whether the opposite or same sex, depending on sexual preference) their own age.

Juveniles involved in this type of behavior are different than adults who do.

Old 07-02-2015, 01:42 PM

20,868 posts, read 23,550,845 times
It really doesn't matter what her intentions are as to why she is suing now. She was molested as a child and the molester needs to be held accountable which so far he has not been. If he cannot be arrested, then sue his butt. I would also sue his parents for hiding it.

Old 07-02-2015, 01:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by trlhiker View Post
It really doesn't matter what her intentions are as to why she is suing now. She was molested as a child and the molester needs to be held accountable which so far he has not been. If he cannot be arrested, then sue his butt. I would also sue his parents for hiding it.
Should she also sue her own parents? If she was a minor and they did nothing, they should have to pay up as well. In fact, maybe everyone living within a 2 mile radius should pay up.

How did his parents hide it?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events