Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-02-2015, 09:37 AM

61,288 posts, read 87,413,299 times

Advertisements

considering the abundance of beautiful remodeling that goes on in SF non stop, that sounds like a hardware store owner that lacks basic business sense. that business is a setting sun.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-02-2015, 09:50 AM

9,352 posts, read 20,029,210 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AnywhereElse View Post
OK. The first sign was offensive and in the case of a hardware, he won't be asked to take photographs, bake a cake, etc. for a homosexual celebration BUT what makes the death threats he received OK? I read every post and no one mentioned that. Is it the intention of the LGBT community to threaten to kill everyone that comes out to make a statement that the acts involved in homosexuality are a sin to them and that they don't wish to associate with those people? Are you planning to kill them all? Put them all out of business? The hatred shown toward people of faith that believe and do not want to be a part of homosexuality far exceeds any that the masses of religious people have shown toward the homosexual community. If not every, 99% of the threads started here about LGBT community are started by that community toward "Christians", I guess their greatest threat and then after posting, should someone post an opposing view, that person is obsessed. We know who is obsessed with their lifestyle, the ones that start, "Just an another gay thread."

I am sorry for the paranoia but there is therapy and medication for that. The stress of one's lifestyle should not possess them. Death threats over a sign? Definite need for therapy or take the keys and lock them up!

Intimidation: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Intimidation This is how homosexuality as a mental illness went away.

I am a straight woman and have no desire to be part of homosexuality either. That said, I have family and many, many friends who are lesbian, gay or transgendered and have ALWAYS believed that these people have the same rights as the straight population to live their lives free from discrimination by bible thumping idiots who use their religion as an excuse to discriminate and deny basic rights to a community that is different from their own and therefore, must be evil and wrong.....

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ringo1 View Post
Or Adulterers? Or people who are divorced?

Seems like that Christian Store owner is mighty selective in what 'violates his religious belief'.
or cut their hair or wear shorts or short sleeved shirts or <<gasp>> tank tops!!

Old 07-02-2015, 09:50 AM

1,136 posts, read 923,765 times
I support this. I believe businesses should have the right to refuse any group of customers they don't like. They should clearly state it in a visible manner near the door. If you want to be a bigot and a business owner cool. Put your money where your mouth is and announce it to all of your customers.

Old 07-02-2015, 09:57 AM

9,569 posts, read 5,622,948 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by keepingquiet View Post
I support this. I believe businesses should have the right to refuse any group of customers they don't like. They should clearly state it in a visible manner near the door. If you want to be a bigot and a business owner cool. Put your money where your mouth is and announce it to all of your customers.
Well then you are violating Civil Rights laws in the US and are being discriminatory. So a white business owner should refuse a black or hispanic or a Jewish customer? Have you forgotten what Nation you live in?

Old 07-02-2015, 09:58 AM

13,404 posts, read 28,726,919 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ringo1 View Post
Kinda like 'No Blacks Allowed"? Is this the grand old time we should harken back to?

How about No Jews?
Exactly!! Or the NINA signs...no Irish need apply

Good grief already

Old 07-02-2015, 09:59 AM

13,404 posts, read 28,726,919 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bobdreamz View Post
Well then you are violating Civil Rights laws in the US and are being discriminatory. So a white business owner should refuse a black or hispanic or a Jewish customer? Have you forgotten what Nation you live in?
The only business that has a right to refuse someone is a bar refusing to serve a drunk alcohol

Old 07-02-2015, 09:59 AM

4,918 posts, read 6,469,326 times
Sounds like a poor business model if you ask if even if you don't believe in same sex marriage.

Old 07-02-2015, 10:00 AM

40,951 posts, read 49,183,047 times
Gays should be able to get their screws anyplace us straights can get ours.

Old 07-02-2015, 10:03 AM

42,850 posts, read 26,268,189 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by keepingquiet View Post
And how does this store owner decide who is gay? I'm an older white female, married with grandkids. I have very short hair, rarely wear makeup and usually wear jeans and a t-shirt when working on a project in the house or yard. So, how do I prove I'm not a lesbian? Do you see how absurdly stupid this is? Gay people don't have gay written on their forehead and as far as I know there are no "gay detection devices" available.

Old 07-02-2015, 10:05 AM

117 posts, read 118,138 times
It's easier to spot gays that you might think. Where I grew up, if a man wears a collared shirt and weighs less than 200 pounds, he's definitely gay. I assume it's a similar situation in Tennessee, except it includes guys with all their teeth, who are wearing shoes.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events