Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-04-2015, 11:41 AM

3,125 posts, read 3,022,236 times

Advertisements

I was born and raised in eastern North Carolina, and although some places are certainly more exciting, I love it here.

We have beaches AND mountains.

Our winters aren't too harsh.

Our food is delicious!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-04-2015, 11:49 AM

4,630 posts, read 10,474,475 times
The further south you go, the hotter the women are.

New England women

Texas women

Miami women

Mexican women

Colombian women

Old 07-04-2015, 12:35 PM

7,578 posts, read 5,324,132 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by smarino View Post
T.W.W., if you get down to N.O., the gumbo is fine at ACME Seafood (get there early to beat the line). Etouffee and their grilled oysters (at the bar) are excellent. Avoid Mother's, they're working on their reputation only. Po boys are delicious at Johnny's even if the bread is all wrong. Parasol's uptown is always reliable. Since Buster Holmes left I haven't been able to find beans and rice at that supreme heavenly level, but it must be somewhere. We ended up at Popeyes for that!
I haven't been back in to the City since the "Old Folks" passed and After Katrina... just too many ghosts for me. Anyway, when folks used to ask me where they should go to eat in New Orleans, I would tell folks to go to either go to my cousin's house on 1st St, or my auntie's over in Carlton. Of course there is always Dookie's.

But if I ever do go back, (there's a bar where I would like to go and have one last drink with a couple of ghosts) I'll keep your advice in mind.

Old 07-04-2015, 12:40 PM

30,362 posts, read 19,149,932 times
I just returned from a 2 week vacay to New Orleans and then Destin Beach, Florida...I find southern people generally much friendlier and fun that northern people. Also the food in New Orleans is probably the best food in the USA.

Old 07-04-2015, 12:58 PM

37,800 posts, read 41,003,240 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lkmax View Post
I was born and raised in eastern North Carolina, and although some places are certainly more exciting, I love it here.

We have beaches AND mountains.

Our winters aren't too harsh.

Our food is delicious!
You have shark attacks...

But seriously, I spent my vacation this year in three of your wildlife refuges.

Old 07-04-2015, 01:05 PM

40,952 posts, read 49,176,191 times
Us Texans are mostly Crazy in love with this state. It's actually very diversified and has some of the most talented, skilled, beautiful people in all of the US.

We've also given the world some of the most talented Musicians ever as in Don Henley, Willie & Waylon, Stevie Ray, ZZ Top, Buddy Holley and the list could go on forever.

Tejas means friendly.

Last edited by Rakin; 07-04-2015 at 01:14 PM..

Old 07-04-2015, 01:13 PM

7,578 posts, read 5,324,132 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rakin View Post
Us Texans are mostly Crazy in love with this state. It's actually very diversified and has some of the most talented, skilled, beautiful people in all of the US.

We've also given the world some of the most talented Musicians ever as in Don Henley, Willie & Waylon, Stevie Ray, ZZ Top and the list could go on forever.

Tejas means friendly.
What, no shout out for Jimmy Gonzalez, Elida Reyna y Avante

Old 07-04-2015, 01:16 PM

40,952 posts, read 49,176,191 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheWiseWino View Post
What, no shout out for Jimmy Gonzalez, Elida Reyna y Avante
As I mentioned, the list could go on forever. The list of great Musicians from Texas and the South would be a great thread into itself.

Much of our music has a huge Latino / Hispanic influence.

Old 07-04-2015, 01:19 PM

2,365 posts, read 2,148,041 times
The food of the SouthWest is awesome. You guys just made me think of scrambled eggs and green chiles, chiles rellenos, pork and green chili burritos, sopapillas with honey. Yum!

Old 07-04-2015, 01:39 PM

50,787 posts, read 24,297,543 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hollynla View Post
Someone is already offended which brings to mind another good thing about the south, we usually don't give a damn about offending people.
That's a part of that good old-time religion down there. Trouble is, it doesn't seem to match up with the Testament teachings of Jesus.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events