Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-03-2015, 10:35 AM

26,212 posts, read 19,509,699 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Year2525 View Post
A third of Americans would leave? And go where, Europe along with all the other refugees? Repopulate Syria?

I can't stop laughing.
That's because you've likely never left the county you live in. Central America and many parts of Asia are looking very attractive, but I have to admit with the influx of refugees into Europe it is certainly beginning to look less popular. The strain on their social systems (healthcare, in particular) is going to be very burdensome, and crime will certainly increase as youths who fail to assimilate become cynical and radicalized.

Old 10-03-2015, 11:41 AM

38,859 posts, read 25,521,957 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tall Traveler View Post
Why are the liberals upset about this? I have to question why so many people would not consider leaving. I've lived and worked all over the world and currently in Peru and I would 'consider leaving' the USA for good. Why is this so threatening to most liberals?
Explain your use of the term, "threat."

Quote:
I do agree with your statement that I am so grateful to have been born in the USA.
Good.

Quote:
Your statement about becoming amused at white guys complaining about their plight is very racist and offensive.
Thanks for sharing.

Old 10-03-2015, 11:51 AM

32,019 posts, read 36,763,165 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ringo1 View Post
I'm a liberal. I'm good with it.
So you're okay with being a sitting duck?

Old 10-03-2015, 11:59 AM

1,199 posts, read 1,647,718 times
Quote:
Most want to go to Europe but Europe only wants Muslim immigrants that will get on welfare and breed till they have enough votes to change the law to Sharia and force the Europeans to pray to Mecca.
Muslin planers want muslim immigrants in Europe for votes.

Old 10-03-2015, 05:08 PM

2,526 posts, read 1,592,115 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sourdough View Post
Muslin planers want muslim immigrants in Europe for votes.
Muslin: "lightweight cotton cloth in a plain weave" … ???

What … ???

Old 10-03-2015, 10:54 PM

5,462 posts, read 3,032,982 times
I thought only poor people and illiterate people believed in propaganda. Lets see in 2020 whats the status of "illegal immigration" as portrayed by some Republican leaders.

Toys R Us is setting a precedent. Things like that will only increase with a businessman running the show.

Old 10-05-2015, 02:47 PM

1,094 posts, read 498,980 times
Quote:
Most want to go to Europe but Europe only wants Muslim immigrants that will get on welfare and breed till they have enough votes to change the law to Sharia and force the Europeans to pray to Mecca.
No, despite the hype the vast majority of immigrants to the major European economies come from other EU countries as well as from Russia, Ukraine, the Americas and Australia. (For example many of the immigrants in Italy are just Italian-Americans or other ethnic Italians in other countries abroad, in Germany ethnic Germans from the Americas, Australia and Russia are also a big component).
http://www.t-online.de/nachrichten/d...ebildeter.html
In Germany for example the top immigration sources are Poland, Romania and Italy, with China and India becoming bigger sources for things like IT and tech jobs. Turkey isn't anywhere near their levels anymore, in fact every year far more Turks leave Germany than come in, and since most of the Turks leaving are in the younger generation, already Turks are becoming a relatively minor immigrant group in Germany as in particular the Poles, Romanians, Czechs, Lithuanians, Brits and Russians rise in number there.

Even among the Arab immigrants a very large proportion are Christian, for example in Sweden and Germany most of the Syrian and Iraqi refugees who stay are highly-educated Christians and if-anything more anti-Muslim than the population as whole-- Sweden's Tolerance Is Tested By Tide Of Syrian Immigrants : Parallels : NPR Sometimes this still causes problems with integration (Syrian Christians also have to make major adjustments in their new countries) but the claim of a Muslim invasion is pretty ridiculous when you look at the actual numbers, even the latest refugee tide in Europe is mostly just people from the westernly Balkans and Russia pouring into Europe and taking advantage of Europe's programs without really needing asylum, which is a big reason the European populations have been getting so pissed off about it and why Angela Merkel's popularity is rapidly collapsing. Whoever takes power next, though, the overall immigration picture is that most of Europe is actually getting less and less Muslim due to immigration from eastern Europe, Russia and the Americas, even in France most of the new immigrants are coming from non-Arab non-Muslim countries. (Only exception is Britain which has a huge and growing number of Pakistan, Afghan, Somali and Bangladesh immigrants, but even there the numbers aren't all that large compared to the base population overall).

Old 10-06-2015, 07:13 AM

17,468 posts, read 12,930,218 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Year2525 View Post
A third of Americans would leave? And go where, Europe along with all the other refugees? Repopulate Syria?

I can't stop laughing.
This is the oddest thing......wish they would start packing, what the hell are they waiting for.

Old 10-06-2015, 07:25 AM

17,468 posts, read 12,930,218 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ringo1 View Post
I'm a liberal. I'm good with it.
You are good with high taxes? How hard do you want to work in life and give it all to the government?

No firearms......this only means the people are willing to be controlled. These shootings have all been ignored by the people involved. If these crazy people can't shoot us they will be bombing us, using knives, etc...... People out to commit carnage will not stop with no guns. All of these shootings are happening in "no gun zones" this is our first thing to fix.

What military person should not be armed.......even with Fort Hood shooting if those soldiers were armed the idiot would have never tried shooting anyone. Our schools/kids/teachers are easy targets they are targeting soft spots. Not that I support guns and guards in our schools, but some kind of security is going to be needed.

I kind of enjoy having a choice in alternative medicine, something the medical field ignores. I think Federal taxes should be eliminated and as for firearms, let those who obey the laws enjoy them.

Old 10-06-2015, 09:11 AM

30,355 posts, read 19,128,594 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Corascant View Post
No, despite the hype the vast majority of immigrants to the major European economies come from other EU countries as well as from Russia, Ukraine, the Americas and Australia. (For example many of the immigrants in Italy are just Italian-Americans or other ethnic Italians in other countries abroad, in Germany ethnic Germans from the Americas, Australia and Russia are also a big component).
Destatis: Zuwanderer in Deutschland immer europäischer und gebildeter
In Germany for example the top immigration sources are Poland, Romania and Italy, with China and India becoming bigger sources for things like IT and tech jobs. Turkey isn't anywhere near their levels anymore, in fact every year far more Turks leave Germany than come in, and since most of the Turks leaving are in the younger generation, already Turks are becoming a relatively minor immigrant group in Germany as in particular the Poles, Romanians, Czechs, Lithuanians, Brits and Russians rise in number there.

Even among the Arab immigrants a very large proportion are Christian, for example in Sweden and Germany most of the Syrian and Iraqi refugees who stay are highly-educated Christians and if-anything more anti-Muslim than the population as whole-- Sweden's Tolerance Is Tested By Tide Of Syrian Immigrants : Parallels : NPR Sometimes this still causes problems with integration (Syrian Christians also have to make major adjustments in their new countries) but the claim of a Muslim invasion is pretty ridiculous when you look at the actual numbers, even the latest refugee tide in Europe is mostly just people from the westernly Balkans and Russia pouring into Europe and taking advantage of Europe's programs without really needing asylum, which is a big reason the European populations have been getting so pissed off about it and why Angela Merkel's popularity is rapidly collapsing. Whoever takes power next, though, the overall immigration picture is that most of Europe is actually getting less and less Muslim due to immigration from eastern Europe, Russia and the Americas, even in France most of the new immigrants are coming from non-Arab non-Muslim countries. (Only exception is Britain which has a huge and growing number of Pakistan, Afghan, Somali and Bangladesh immigrants, but even there the numbers aren't all that large compared to the base population overall).
My intent was partially sarcastic. I've worked with Iraqi Christians and they were indeed very anti-Muslim with good reasons, and they truly have a basis for emigrating. I looked up some Muslim % by Countries in 2010 and it shows the following:

Germany - 5%
France - 7.5%
Sweden - 5%
UK - 5%
USA - 1%

Considering their propensity to have children and the recent immigrants, it's just a matter of time till they become a majority.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events