Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-19-2015, 04:21 AM

8,665 posts, read 5,842,780 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mack Knife View Post
People who truly believe they know of a country better than the USA don't sit on Internet forum claiming such, they have perhaps moved there or live there.

Nothing like constantly trying to tell everyone how much better it is elsewhere to understand it isn't.

Just ask those who say they "would" move just under what conditions they would do so and the list gets longer the more they talk.
ROTFL, what baloney!
I would be in New Zealand, or Ireland right now[along with some relatives], and no conditions required, except that immigration was allowed. They already have better conditions than the US!
#1 they don't have America's POS unbelievably oversized government!

Old 11-19-2015, 07:48 AM

67,650 posts, read 60,853,687 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by i_love_autumn View Post
ROTFL, what baloney!
I would be in New Zealand, or Ireland right now[along with some relatives], and no conditions required, except that immigration was allowed. They already have better conditions than the US!
#1 they don't have America's POS unbelievably oversized government!
What? These terrific countries won't allow you to move there? Why not?

Old 11-19-2015, 07:53 AM

86,052 posts, read 84,442,711 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by KathrynAragon View Post
What? These terrific countries won't allow you to move there? Why not?
The poster stated it in their post. I thought you said you were "sincere" earlier ?
Changed your mind ?

If you are in college, have the right skills (STEM/Finance) or are retired with sufficient income then you have options to emigrate as many first world countries want these types of people.

But for the rest it's pretty hard to get into any first world country.

Old 11-19-2015, 08:36 AM

67,650 posts, read 60,853,687 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HappyTexan View Post
The poster stated it in their post. I thought you said you were "sincere" earlier ?
Changed your mind ?

If you are in college, have the right skills (STEM/Finance) or are retired with sufficient income then you have options to emigrate as many first world countries want these types of people.

But for the rest it's pretty hard to get into any first world country.
I am sincere. I do wish she could and would leave. I haven't changed my mind at all.

And yes, I know it's hard to get into any first world country. Including the US - legally anyway.

Yes, the US is a first world country and lots and lots of folks want to move here too.

Old 11-19-2015, 08:43 AM

8,087 posts, read 9,832,165 times
Seems a lot of Brits and Germans retire to the SE Medit. coast of Spain.

Old 11-19-2015, 08:50 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by KathrynAragon View Post
I am sincere. I do wish she could and would leave. I haven't changed my mind at all.

And yes, I know it's hard to get into any first world country. Including the US - legally anyway.

Yes, the US is a first world country and lots and lots of folks want to move here too.
Then why did you ask ? Should have been self evident from reading that poster's comment.

You wear your faux sincerity well.

Old 11-19-2015, 08:52 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Felix C View Post
The "Battle of the beach towels" between them have been going on for decades

Old 11-19-2015, 09:11 AM

3,765 posts, read 4,098,638 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Felix C View Post

Plenty of Brits retire there, so many that entire towns are almost British. I wouldn't move there if you gave it to me for free. The Spanish government can't seem to grasp the concept of property rights as some retirees have lost everything when they had their home confiscated and bulldozed by the government for not having proper building permits taken out by the builder. Such a corrupt country should never have been allowed into the European Union. In some towns, there has been a backlash in some places by Spaniards against the British.

Old 11-19-2015, 10:10 AM

8,665 posts, read 5,842,780 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HappyTexan View Post
Then why did you ask ? Should have been self evident from reading that poster's comment.

Originally Posted by KathrynAragon

You wear your faux sincerity well.
EXACTLY! THE ONLY reason she[the snotty-phony-know-it-all-*****] is in this thread, is to insult/harass those of us who are part of that third that WISH we could emigrate out of this hellhole!

This 64 year old-never employed widow thanks you HappyTexan!

Old 11-19-2015, 10:11 AM

4,918 posts, read 6,464,617 times
I love USA but I would move to Canada if I found a job there.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events