Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-10-2015, 10:26 AM

13,510 posts, read 17,028,088 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheWiseWino View Post
I side with the judge on this case, so that's pretty much what I think in general. You don't want to get hit, then don't hit.

All Charges Dropped Against Jorge Pena, Man Filmed Slapping Woman In NYC Subway Fight
You have to be pretty dimwitted to compare the case you linked to with the case in question.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-10-2015, 10:48 AM

3,658 posts, read 2,560,028 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ericsami View Post
equal rights means equal responsibility.

Young Women need to know that Moral Agents that enjoy a Set of Rights also have set of responsibilities.
Is that in the class "Properties of Misogyny 101"???

Old 07-10-2015, 10:51 AM

11 posts, read 9,523 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tillman7 View Post
"Be peaceful, be courteous, obey the law, respect everyone; but if someone puts his hand on you, send him to the cemetery"-Malcolm X

There are people that live by this quote from Malcolm X. Not very long ago, here in Little Rock, a man shot & killed his girlfriend (loaded 5-6 bullets in her) because she hit his mother during an altercation. This man left the house & came back later and almost emptied his gun into her.
More from the hallowed brains of the ubiquitous, perpetually-underemployed Internet Fedora Club: this time, it's the almighty Malcolm X that the the drunk, harassing and violent dbag is likened to.

Are there no further depths that these creeps will climb down in order to prove their male victimization to the internet? Oh woe...woe is me, alas and forsooth we are forsaken, us poor, poor men, constantly being victimized by women who dare not submit to our revolting and aggressive sexual advances....alas and forsooth and woe.

Old 07-10-2015, 10:52 AM

2,248 posts, read 2,346,625 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by odanny View Post
There is nothing equal about the punches thrown in the video. One was an air punch that any real man could laughingly absorb, while the other had enough force behind it to fracture someones nose or eye socket.

I see a lot of men on this thread who seem to think that it is okay to smash some girl in the face, and it is an ugly reminder of why domestic assault is so high in this country.

Thanks elevator video and TMZ for shining a spotlight on this in sports. I'm old enough to remember the NFL in the 80's, and reading constantly about NFL'ers being arrested for beating their wives and girlfriends into hospital stays. I still remember the one team that stood out above all the rest: The Minnesota Vikings.
"real man" LMAO! "real women" don't put their hands on others.

I see a lot of men on this thread who seem to think that it is okay to smash some girl in the face, and it is an ugly reminder of why domestic assault is so high in this country. Nice strawman.

Old 07-10-2015, 10:54 AM

2,248 posts, read 2,346,625 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by wonderingaround2 View Post
More from the hallowed brains of the ubiquitous, perpetually-underemployed Internet Fedora Club: this time, it's the almighty Malcolm X that the the drunk, harassing and violent dbag is likened to.

Are there no further depths that these creeps will climb down in order to prove their male victimization to the internet? Oh woe...woe is me, alas and forsooth we are forsaken, us poor, poor men, constantly being victimized by women who dare not submit to our revolting and aggressive sexual advances....alas and forsooth and woe.
Can you refute anything that was said? Personal attacks don't make your argument valid.

Old 07-10-2015, 10:55 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dman72 View Post
You have to be pretty dimwitted to compare the case you linked to with the case in question.
Dimwitted doesn't even begin to describe it. If *only* it was mere lack of IQ...unfortunately I sense it is a more tragic reality...they are looking to hurt women. Any violent altercation between a man and women, I'm guessing, immediately places them back to a traumatic childhood with a physically abusive female caregiver.. just a hunch

This much advocacy for men to beat on women half their size, who have dared to as much as lightly smack them? Yeah. Not OK.

What these cowardly misogynistic internet haters need to do is seek therapy IMMEDIATELY before they hurt someone.

Old 07-10-2015, 10:56 AM

12,275 posts, read 7,133,491 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by itshim View Post
It doesn't justify it, it exacerbates the situation, he has witnesses who will back him. In a court of law that will hold some weight. either way, I hope he does sue, he has every right to defend himself.
Who, his friends?

Old 07-10-2015, 10:57 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by victimofGM View Post
Anyone ever been in a nightclub? Unless you're standing right next to a person you cannot hear what is being said over the loud music. So how could these "witnesses" hear what she said to him?
Of course they couldn't. They are just covering his violent ass.

Old 07-10-2015, 10:58 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Railman96 View Post
"real man" LMAO! "real women" don't put their hands on others.

I see a lot of men on this thread who seem to think that it is okay to smash some girl in the face, and it is an ugly reminder of why domestic assault is so high in this country. Nice strawman.
That's why most MRAs are divorced and have LOST custody of their kids. As a result, they are bitter, can't get laid, and spend all their time online arguing with "feminists".

Old 07-10-2015, 11:00 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Railman96 View Post
Can you refute anything that was said? Personal attacks don't make your argument valid.
Logically refute what you said?.. How about using logic?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events