Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-09-2015, 03:22 PM

26,191 posts, read 21,579,426 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by marilyn220 View Post
I don't believe for one minute Paula didn't know this was going to be posted to social media.

She happily posed for the pic knowing her son looked the way he did. How could he be Desi when Desi was NOWHERE near that complexion? What was the purpose of doing it?

He could have played Desi at his current complexion and no one would have said a thing, but he needed to take it further to...what exactly?

See, I'm not in the mind of someone who thinks and believes this way, so I can't fathom why someone who was born 20 years after Jim Crow ended would think this crap is "cool" in 2015??

Paula Deen is a lost cause. The woman can't help herself. People keep thinking her lawsuit was just about race only, but it was deeper than that. Paula was a sexist who openly said to her workers that women shouldn't be paid more than men and that she never wanted a female manager to run her restaurants.

She truly lives in Old Dixie, but her son SHOULD know better.

You did catch that the picture is year old right?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-09-2015, 04:00 PM

6,459 posts, read 12,026,221 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lowexpectations View Post
You did catch that the picture is year old right?
No.

Regardless, Desi STILL was NOT that complexion.

He was a very fairskinned hispanic man.

Why is it that Miley Cyrus knows how to rep her favorite black artists without resorting to darkening her complexion?

She was Lil Kim for Halloween a couple of years ago and wore the same type outfit that Kim had when Diana Ross jiggled her breasts. Miley looked very pretty and repped Kim well, even Kim shouted her out.

Old 07-09-2015, 04:02 PM

4,481 posts, read 3,638,650 times
So! It doesn't affect anyone in particular. I don't know him or Paula Deen so I couldn't care less what they say or do. What about when black comedians use so-called white voices and mimic something about white people - everyone, black and white both are laughing their heads off.

Old 07-09-2015, 04:19 PM

9,569 posts, read 5,621,263 times
Quote:
No.

Why is it that Miley Cyrus knows how to rep her favorite black artists without resorting to darkening her complexion?

She was Lil Kim for Halloween a couple of years ago and wore the same type outfit that Kim had when Diana Ross jiggled her breasts. Miley looked very pretty and repped Kim well, even Kim shouted her out.
Being of Cuban descent most who came over in the 50' & 60's where basically "white" as in Spaniard white Europeans( they were they wealthy exiles) and not that it matters because we have beautiful Cubans of all races. Paula Deen knew exactly what she was doing which is all hispanics must be brown skinned.

Old 07-09-2015, 04:25 PM

1,076 posts, read 1,395,507 times
[
If anyone is offended, let them go crawl into a cave and cry about it. We're (Racists) sick of it.[/quote]

Old 07-09-2015, 04:28 PM

26,191 posts, read 21,579,426 times
Quote:
No.

The rest if your post is noise. Funny to see your comment when it didn't realize the context

Old 07-09-2015, 05:12 PM

2,830 posts, read 2,651,149 times
Quote:
No.

So we should all strive to be more like Miley Cyrus?

Old 07-09-2015, 05:23 PM

73,007 posts, read 62,585,728 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by danielj72 View Post
Why is this insulting to some people. Who cares?? it was not a racial statement but a play upon a TV show from the 50s. Why on earth do so many people look for reasons to be insulted?? Why have these lefty loones taken such pleasure from attacking this poor woman?? When will America be America again?? how can we get rid of this culture of PC??? I am so sick of it. Not one person should find this offensive, unless of course you dislike the I Love Lucy show from the 1950s. I see absolutely NO racial statement at all.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hollynla View Post
Who cares, why is this news?

If someone would actually be offended by this or see any racism in this, they're an idiot. The whole race card thing is getting old and played out. Pretty soon, the brown crayon will be considered a form of racism and be banned from Crayola.

I know this tactic. It is a tactic of "get mad at someone for being upset about something obviously bigoted". Tell me, why don't you see it as bigoted? Why else would someone do "Brownface" or "Blackface" if not for bigoted reasons?

I personally don't look for reasons to be insulted. I would hope that none of my friends would do something so stupid. If someone were to go to a party and do Blackface, I don't think I would want to talk to that person again. To me, their judgement tells alot about how they are. Call it PC all you want. I call it looking out for me.

Old 07-09-2015, 05:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bobdreamz View Post
Being of Cuban descent most who came over in the 50' & 60's where basically "white" as in Spaniard white Europeans( they were they wealthy exiles) and not that it matters because we have beautiful Cubans of all races. Paula Deen knew exactly what she was doing which is all hispanics must be brown skinned.
I'm not Paula Deen or some of the posters on this forum.

I am very well aware that there are Cubans of all shades and income brackets.

I was born and raised in a DIVERSE CITY where this isn't some sort of mystery.

To flyover state peeps maybe, but not me.

Old 07-09-2015, 05:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hollynla View Post
So we should all strive to be more like Miley Cyrus?
What are you talking about??

No seriously. What???
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events