Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-08-2015, 03:23 PM

17,531 posts, read 24,685,656 times

Advertisements

So why did they wait until the Statute of Limitations had expired to report this.

The answer is that if Criminal Charges had been filed his accusers would have to prove their charges.

That said he has admitted the charges which means he will be paying them off
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-08-2015, 04:51 PM

5,570 posts, read 7,267,606 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by UKWildcat1981 View Post
I was not serious with that I wrote lol
People apparently don't understand sarcasm unless you use the smiley.

Old 07-08-2015, 05:15 PM

8,079 posts, read 10,068,765 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by UKWildcat1981 View Post
I agree all 25 women all got together and wanted to frame Bill Cosby of rape. Sounds totally plausible.
Quote:
Originally Posted by apexgds View Post
People apparently don't understand sarcasm unless you use the smiley.

No...I got it as sarcasm.

But it was an opportune time to make a point.

25-30 years ago it was all just part of trying to get ahead...make a name for themselves...rub elbows with the stars....perhaps get a break and make it to the big time.

Now it is a tragedy. Because they now know they were not special, that they were used....and that there is an entire group of them that will never escape the burden of events--however wrong.

Old 07-08-2015, 07:30 PM

10,226 posts, read 7,573,266 times
That was just disgusting. I think their race trumps everything. Even when Whoopi was complaining to a guest about him getting more blacks into his movies, and that people like her are never in his movies and such....I thought to myself, well...in the first place, he HAS had minorities in his films. But the MAIN reason she's not in movies is not because of her race. It's because of her GENDER and AGE. There just aren't many acting opportunities for older women.

Old 07-08-2015, 08:40 PM

781 posts, read 736,307 times
Well after all, it wasn't rape rape....

Old 07-08-2015, 08:42 PM

781 posts, read 736,307 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by camaro69 View Post
Social media today has become the judge, jury and executioner.
No kidding, and people don't believe me when I tell them we're in a "last days of the Roman empire" type situation. CTD: Circling The Drain....

Old 07-08-2015, 11:28 PM

24,093 posts, read 32,431,870 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by apexgds View Post
Long before Raven Symone was a Disney actress, she played Olivia (Cliff and Claire's step-granddaughter) on The Cosby Show. She was 5 or 6 years old, and Bill Cosby literally started her career.
Sorry. I didn't watch the show, and I am a tad "pop culturally impaired".

Bill Cosby has always annoyed me. I don't find him funny, and he comes across as sanctimonious, judgmental and arrogant.

Old 07-10-2015, 03:05 PM

33,942 posts, read 22,509,862 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Boompa View Post
So why did they wait until the Statute of Limitations had expired to report this.

The answer is that if Criminal Charges had been filed his accusers would have to prove their charges.

That said he has admitted the charges which means he will be paying them off
I guess you just answered your own question. FYI - several of them tried to report. Lastly, why was Cosby being deposed to begin with ?

Quote:
Originally Posted by sheena12 View Post
Sorry. I didn't watch the show, and I am a tad "pop culturally impaired".

Bill Cosby has always annoyed me. I don't find him funny, and he comes across as sanctimonious, judgmental and arrogant.
I agree 100%. Was he NOT just a conservative darling before these allegations came out? On the lecture circuit about what african americans SHOULD be doing ?

Ugh. He's disgusting and always was.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hollynla View Post
Name one person that has defended Duggar? Not one person defended his actions. I find it interesting though that you are comparing a young teen boy copping a feel on girls to a grown man drugging and raping over 30 women. And that to you is a bias based on race? Hmmmmm, now who is showing their racist side.
Numerous people have; there are a number of threads on JD. And . . here you go minimizing his actions again. Why, he was just a 'young teen boy copping a feel' . .

SINCE he waited until his victims were asleep and unable to defend themselves . . sounds like there are at least some similarities here. And do not forget that even JimBob said that he did touch some of them under their clothes but . . 'just for a second'.

Can we stop just defending those that we think are more like us? The VERY thing this thread is accusing Whoopi of doing? She probably is but so are you.

Old 07-10-2015, 05:39 PM

24,093 posts, read 32,431,870 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hollynla View Post
Name one person that has defended a Duggar? Not one person defended his actions. I find it interesting though that you are comparing a young teen boy copping a feel on girls to a grown man drugging and raping over 30 women. And that to you is a bias based on race? Hmmmmm, now who is showing their racist side.

Uh...you.

Old 07-10-2015, 06:21 PM

2,830 posts, read 2,647,965 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sheena12 View Post
Uh...you.
NOPE, I've never dedended him, please show me where I did?

I've never once said what he did was okay, or that he was innocent, so please point it out since you are so informative.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events