Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-09-2015, 05:39 PM

7,982 posts, read 4,287,627 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by MoonBeam33 View Post
I'm not talking about Trump.

I'm not talking about Hillary.

I responded to the words you used, which was not a quote of someone else. You equated all Hispanics with illegals. Now you are backpedaling and blaming your words on someone else.

I think he's (she's?) embarrassed for getting called out on it.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-09-2015, 05:55 PM

22,472 posts, read 11,998,943 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jukesgrrl View Post
Unless people who live in the U.S. are descended from America's native tribes, they are all either immigrants or the descendents of immigrants.

Once again, even the "American native tribes" ancestors were immigrants having come here from Asia. Or did you think that they just sprouted up from the ground

Old 07-09-2015, 05:58 PM

430 posts, read 835,294 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BOS2IAD View Post
Once again, even the "American native tribes" ancestors were immigrants having come here from Asia. Or did you think that they just sprouted up from the ground
I think the rule on being an immigrant is that if you've been around the area since before Christ came to Earth, you're native. Native Americans were in North America for 10,000 years before Christ was born.

Old 07-09-2015, 06:03 PM

51 posts, read 53,713 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by thefragile View Post
I think he's doing it deliberately. He's become a caricature of himself. I believe that he knows he would never get elected so he's just being as obnoxious as he can, what does he have to lose? There's no way that he or anyone else could take him seriously.
Plenty of people are taking him seriously.

Old 07-09-2015, 06:18 PM

51 posts, read 53,713 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by stevek64 View Post
Funny. And you prefer the old standard when a candidate "leader" stares at you through the tv and lies lies lies with a smile, never do what they say they are going to do, and says it all so nicely in well formed sentences? That sure has been working out well for our country, hasn't it?

And I'm not defending trump or any politician for that matter. I trust none of them. Politics has become such a joke and some people talk on this thread like we have something that can't be lost because it's working out so well. Beyond funny. C'mon people, politics has all become such a joke and yet some want it all wrapped so neatly, enjoy putting lipstick on a pig. But now at least I realize why the country is in the shape it's in. 2016.....woo woo!!....this time positive change is right around the corner.....woo woo!!....
This is a great post. It's not about the substance after all, it's about the packaging and perception, and being able to read words someone else wrote for you off a teleprompter. That's what being a "serious" candidate means!

Old 07-09-2015, 06:19 PM

62,948 posts, read 29,141,740 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blimp View Post
I think the rule on being an immigrant is that if you've been around the area since before Christ came to Earth, you're native. Native Americans were in North America for 10,000 years before Christ was born.
Who made that rule? Link, please to your claims. Their ancestors were not native to this country. What part of that aren't you getting? There is also some scientific evidence that it was Caucasians that were here first. But really who gives a damn. It is totally irrelevant today.

Old 07-09-2015, 06:19 PM

23,795 posts, read 13,261,787 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AFP View Post
I know that illegals can't vote that's a no-brainer. Most third and fourth generation Hispanics don't despise illegals from my experience I've only come across a couple but they tend to be outspoken. I do live in California I'm in the middle of it, the complexion has definitely changed in the last 30 years. I also live in a conservative part of California and I'm an immigrant I was born in Europe but came to the USA when I was a child, legally of course, it never crosses my mind that the anger about illegal border crossing has anything to do with me.

I was referring to the potential alienation of Americans of Hispanic ancestry, some of Trumps comments come across as anti-Mexican and anti-Hispanic in general.
For some reason Trumpologists keep insisting he only insulted illegal Mexican immigrants and other Hispanics don't care--it would be comical if it did not show utter ignorance of the Hispanic community. Why they think Hispanics who can legally vote would vote for him is bizarre.

Univision is not Mexican. America Ferrara is not Mexican.

People who think Latinos or Hispanics will not care because they aren't Mexican or 'don't like Mexicans' are either being disingenuous or willfully ignorant.

"You see, what you just did with your straight talk was send more Latino voters to the polls than several registration rallies combined! Thank you for that. Here we are pounding the pavement to get American Latinos to the polls, while your tactic proves most effective. Remarks like yours will serve brilliantly to energize Latino voters and increase turnout on election day against you and any other candidate who runs on a platform of hateful rhetoric."

America Ferrera Open Letter Racism Donald Trump

Republican 2016 Hopefuls to Skip La Raza Gathering of Latino Activists - Washington Wire - WSJ

Old 07-09-2015, 06:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by AFP View Post
I know that illegals can't vote that's a no-brainer. Most third and fourth generation Hispanics don't despise illegals from my experience I've only come across a couple but they tend to be outspoken. I do live in California I'm in the middle of it, the complexion has definitely changed in the last 30 years. I also live in a conservative part of California and I'm an immigrant I was born in Europe but came to the USA when I was a child, legally of course, it never crosses my mind that the anger about illegal border crossing has anything to do with me.

I was referring to the potential alienation of Americans of Hispanic ancestry, some of Trumps comments come across as anti-Mexican and anti-Hispanic in general.
Why would Americans of Hispanic ancestry feel alienated over remarks about illegal aliens? It's not about them.

Old 07-09-2015, 06:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Enigma777 View Post
For some reason Trumpologists keep insisting he only insulted illegal Mexican immigrants and other Hispanics don't care--it would be comical if it did not show utter ignorance of the Hispanic community. Why they think Hispanics who can legally vote would vote for him is bizarre.

Univision is not Mexican. America Ferrara is not Mexican.

People who think Latinos or Hispanics will not care because they aren't Mexican or 'don't like Mexicans' are either being disingenuous or willfully ignorant.

"You see, what you just did with your straight talk was send more Latino voters to the polls than several registration rallies combined! Thank you for that. Here we are pounding the pavement to get American Latinos to the polls, while your tactic proves most effective. Remarks like yours will serve brilliantly to energize Latino voters and increase turnout on election day against you and any other candidate who runs on a platform of hateful rhetoric."

America Ferrera Open Letter Racism Donald Trump

Republican 2016 Hopefuls to Skip La Raza Gathering of Latino Activists - Washington Wire - WSJ
The majority of Hispanic-Americans regardless of whether they are from Mexican roots or not defend illegal aliens of their ethnic group. That was made obvious after Trump's remarks. That type of tribal mentality is not good for our country and yet we should amnesty more of that mindset? Um, no. Now just who are the racists again?

Old 07-09-2015, 06:53 PM
AFP

7,412 posts, read 6,898,554 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oldglory View Post
Why would Americans of Hispanic ancestry feel alienated over remarks about illegal aliens? It's not about them.
Trump has been talking out of both sides of his mouth one minute he's painting illegal Mexicans as rapists then in the next breath he's saying how Mexicans are great, very disingenuous . His comments are perpetuating stereo types and frankly a lot of non Hispanic people don't even know what the difference is between a Mexican, a Mexican-American, a Hispanic, or a Latino and there are plenty of people out there that equate those terms with illegal.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events