Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-09-2015, 09:09 PM

4,751 posts, read 5,435,302 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by HappyRider View Post
Nobody “owns” the earth. You settle the land, it is yours. Who gave an entire continent to the Indians. They couldn't have even seen 90% of it.
Please read a book. Or at least some very specific books.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-09-2015, 09:10 PM

72 posts, read 134,864 times
Trump is so far removed from reality to think that it is okay to say some of the racist things he has been saying. If you have to preface your statements with things such as "I know a lot of Chinese, they're in my building...BUT.." OR, I do business with Indians I have no problem with them...BUT..." then you need to keep your mouth shut because what is about to come after that is plain ignorance.

I think he is a smart man business wise. And I think I will love some of his ideas when the time comes to debate them. But he is a public relations nightmare. He is soo rich people are afraid to tell him he is just plain stupid. Intelligence is knowing how to calibrate your thoughts before speaking.

Old 07-09-2015, 09:14 PM

16,536 posts, read 8,579,208 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jukesgrrl View Post
Unless people who live in the U.S. are descended from America's native tribes, they are all either immigrants or the descendents of immigrants. When exactly does one become one of your "American people"? I thought we all became Americans along with citizenship, whether that was conferred at birth or earned later.

I think it's pretty clear the Democratic Party would like to have votes from ALL qualified citizens. In fact, not one of the five currently declared Democratic candidates is descended from Spanish-speaking people. Are you saying they don't even want their own relatives to vote for them?
As usual.

Where do you think American Indians came from. Do you think they sprouted from the soil in what is America today, thereby giving them title to the land?
Heck even if they did, they clearly were defeated in battle. Subsequent births of the victors were native Americans. Of course many can claim a semantical argument will ensue, so lets delve into your next gem.

To say any political party would like votes from it's citizens is to state the obvious. However it is clear the (D's) feel that illegals from Mexico and other Central & South American countries will likely be voters for them in the future, if they ever become legal citizens. That is true whether it be 10 months from now or 10 years. So the (D's) want to pander to them by giving cradle to grave taxpayer benefits as a current payoff for their future dependence and votes.
Don't think for a minute that if a bunch of illegals were pouring into the country with strong values that favored a (R) voting block, that they would be welcoming them with open arms. No, they would be opposing their ability to become citizens.
It is nothing more than raw unmitigated political power they are seeking, regardless of our laws, principles, or anything else that common sense would dictate.

Old 07-09-2015, 09:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BOS2IAD View Post
Once again, even the "American native tribes" ancestors were immigrants having come here from Asia. Or did you think that they just sprouted up from the ground

My very sentiment not even having read your post yet. Some are very naive and/or devoid of history and critical thought process.

`

Old 07-09-2015, 09:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oldglory View Post
Why would Americans of Hispanic ancestry feel alienated over remarks about illegal aliens? It's not about them.

Well exactly.

The only way to see it differently is to assume racial/ethnic politics would cause people with brown skin to want more of their own kind in the country(regardless of national origin). Further, any attempt to prevent those people, whether they be illegal aliens who cheat the system, criminals, future drains on limited tax dollars, etc., entry to our country, means political retribution against those who stand for law and order.

I give Hispanics a lot more credit for having a sense of right vs. wrong than the cynical liberals do. They are hoping to play racial/ethnic politics with what they assume are blindly ignorant people who will vote skin color over their own morals/values.

`

Old 07-09-2015, 09:31 PM

3,282 posts, read 3,789,895 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Arcenal352 View Post
[url=http://www.thewrap.com/donald-trump-deletes-tweet-about-jeb-bushs-wife-you-like-mexican-illegals-because-of-your-wife/]Donald Trump Deletes Tweet About Jeb Bush's Wife: You Like 'Mexican Illegals' Because of Your Wife[/url]

This guy just needs to keep his mouth shut.
He is just starting to sound like a crazy old man.

I am Mexican-American, but must laugh. As Jon Stewart said:

"It's hard to get mad at Donald Trump for saying stupid things, in the same way you don't get mad at a monkey when he throws poop at you at the zoo."

Old 07-09-2015, 09:32 PM

4,918 posts, read 6,464,013 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rosa surf View Post
He is just starting to sound like a crazy old man.

I am Mexican-American, but must laugh. As Jon Stewart said:

"It's hard to get mad at Donald Trump for saying stupid things, in the same way you don't get mad at a monkey when he throws poop at you at the zoo."
Jon Stewart is a legend lol

Old 07-09-2015, 09:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jimj View Post
Really? How much does Will have in the bank and how many people does he employ?
The people that are "dumb" or ignorant are those that can only go after someone using party talking points or someone else's "group think" like good little sheeple.

Most commentators and columnists like Will (and all "talent" on MSNBC) are incapable of independent thought, slaves to the masters that are paying them and/or afraid to rile up readers/viewers by actually saying what THEY think (when/if they think for themselves).

It's a sad state we've come to as a nation where people are afraid to speak their minds lest what they say could offend or upset someone's delicate feelings.

Personally, I wish all people running for office would do as Trump is doing and say what they think and mean what they say.
Wouldn't THAT be educational for people looking for a candidate?
Wow

For someone who sounds to me like we think alike, we couldn't be further apart on this issue.

For starters, since when does the amount of money in your bank account equate to knowledge/intelligence?
Your implication that because Trump has more money and chosen to be a successful entrepreneur, that means he has more on the ball upstairs than Will
Even if you think that way (I know some who do), Trump calling people with obvious intelligence, names like "dumb", is dumb in and of itself.

As to speaking his own mind, Trump is free to say anything he likes. However, even if I agree with Trumps view about illegal immigration despite his inarticulate way of putting it (and the ills it brings to this country), he was wrong to assume what Jeb's reasons are.
Not only is that irrelevant to the topic, but assuming the primary reason Jeb feels this way is because of his wife's ethnic background is beyond the pale.

Lastly, in answer to your question, I like people who are genuine. However that does not mean I want my potential candidate for POTUS to be rude, crass, and unnecessarily insulting. That is especially true of bringing up something that could be true, but it's totally irrelevant.
I mean you tell me, what sense did Trump speculating as to why Jeb might feel that way, have any relevance to the actual facts surrounding illegal aliens?

`

`

Old 07-09-2015, 09:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jimj View Post
First he had to leave the show as if he'd stayed the network would be required to give all other candidates equal time under the law.

Secondly, how is it right, either under the constitution or morally that a company can breach a contract because of something someone running for president says that relates to the country's situation he's trying to get elected in?
It's not something covered under a morals clause because what he said had nothing to do with that type of thing.
They will end up paying Trump, how much has only to be decided.

Some may not "like" what Trump said and to that I say "many don't like what others say either but nobody is calling for their jobs,contracts or affiliations to be terminated".

Let's just take Hillary as an example, should she be booted off all the corporate,public and social stuff she does?
Should her "foundation" be cut off from the world unless she's removed from the board?
Wow x 2.

I see we think alike, but your defense of Trump is out there. I understand why he left the show, but he made the choice to run for POTUS. Within the context of my response to another post, I merely pointed out that he had already lost some things (i.e. from a monetary standpoint).

As to your 2nd point, I tend to agree, and do not think un-PC thoughts/speech should equate to being financially harmed.
I certainly do not think any contract should be broken or even have a clause in it to allow such a thing. However, again, my response to that previous post was merely stating a fact as to what Trump had lost, not that I agreed with what happened to him.
Again, context.

You need to save your vitriol for those who fundamentally disagree with you, not those who are fairly likeminded.

Old 07-09-2015, 10:02 PM

20 posts, read 30,097 times
Jeb Bush is grossly dishonest on the illegal immigration issue. He had the audacity to say that, "It’s not possible in a free country to completely control the border without us losing our freedoms and liberties."

He's an absolutely horrifying candidate. The real scandal here is Jeb's treacherous comments and the way he loosely conflates illegal with legal immigrants to market a concept to people.

I find it particularly horrifying that Americans are attacking an American in favor and in defense of illegal aliens when he spoke up on the issue.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events