Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-14-2015, 08:32 AM

62,958 posts, read 29,141,740 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by MoonBeam33 View Post
So you concede the point?
Concede what point? Just pointing out the hypocricy that it is ok for Obama to change his mind on an issue but if a Republican does it they call him a flip flopper. Any candidate that does it is a flip flopper IMO and I don't trust them because they could flip right back to their original views at any time again. You never know where they really stand on an issue then.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-14-2015, 08:35 AM

379 posts, read 359,432 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oldglory View Post
Concede what point? Just pointing out the hypocricy that it is ok for Obama to change his mind on an issue but if a Republican does it they call him a flip flopper. Any candidate that does it is a flip flopper IMO and I don't trust them because they could flip right back to their original views at any time again. You never know where they really stand on an issue then.
It wasn't the republican candidate getting called a flip flopper, it was John Kerry.

Old 07-14-2015, 08:38 AM

28,670 posts, read 18,788,917 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by UKWildcat1981 View Post
Since almost every Latino hates Mexicans from my own personal experience I doubt what he says will matter but he won't win the GOP nomination anyway.
However, Latinos have begun to recognize that people like Trump don't really make any such distinction.

Old 07-14-2015, 12:52 PM

4,751 posts, read 5,439,701 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oldglory View Post
The point that Obama was never anti-gay, your original statement. He was against something, he broadened his mind and understood the changes happening in society and changed his mind. That's a sign of open mindedness and a willingness to learn.

Old 07-14-2015, 12:57 PM

13,898 posts, read 6,445,026 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Enigma777 View Post
'

But he did not just offend Mexicans. He offended Hispanics from the US and many other countries. And because their is an Hispanic 'pecking order,' and Hispanics from a Cuban or Salvadoran background complain about Hispanics from other countries, such as Mexico, don't be fooled into thinking they will not unite.

You know how it goes--the enemy of my enemy is my friend.
Any Latinos or Hispanics that support illegal immigration just don't matter. Who cares what they think.

Old 07-14-2015, 12:58 PM

13,898 posts, read 6,445,026 times
Quote:
The point that Obama was never anti-gay, your original statement. He was against something, he broadened his mind and understood the changes happening in society and changed his mind. That's a sign of open mindedness and a willingness to learn.
bwahahahahahahahaha..Now that's funny stuff right there.

Old 07-14-2015, 06:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dbones View Post
Any Latinos or Hispanics that support illegal immigration just don't matter. Who cares what they think.
Unfortunately, our pandering politicians do. They will do anything for votes. They don't give a damn about the rest of us.

Old 07-14-2015, 06:22 PM

Quote:
I said he was anti-gay marriage not anti-gay. As I said, when any Republican does it the left calls them a flip flopper.

Old 07-14-2015, 06:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ralph_Kirk View Post
However, Latinos have begun to recognize that people like Trump don't really make any such distinction.
He made the distinction it is just that Latinos blurred the lines between legal and illegal so that they could demonize him as meaning both groups. They don't want anything negative being said about their illegal amigos.

Old 07-14-2015, 06:36 PM

22,974 posts, read 27,011,790 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ralph_Kirk View Post
From what I can tell the Latinos you describe are either illegals themselves or highly invested in having an open border.

I'm sure there's a large portion of LEGAL immigrants, that went through the time and effort to get here the right way who actually are not happy at all that all these criminals are sneaking in and A.Making them look bad. B.Causing trouble with their families with respect to victimizing them. C. Making it harder for them, even though they're legal.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events