Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 07-08-2015, 03:01 PM

2,341 posts, read 3,497,278 times

Advertisements

Well he is defiantly not a Gator-whisperer ... They don't make fun of Gators.

Old 07-08-2015, 03:04 PM

9,189 posts, read 7,600,003 times
A few days later, someone shot that same alligator.

Alligator shot, killed in Orange same gator that killed swimmer | News - Home

ORANGE, Texas -
State investigators have confirmed that an alligator found shot to death Monday afternoon is the same alligator that killed a man from Orange last week. Officials with the Texas Parks and Wildlife Department found body parts belonging to Woodward inside the alligator's throat.

Texas Park and Wildlife officials said Monday that an unknown, unidentified, gunman shot the gator in the head with a large caliber firearm and then dumped the dead animal at the same marina where Woodward was last seen alive. Game wardens had been searching for the gator, but now they're investigating the animal's death, calling it illegal harvesting of wildlife.

Old 07-08-2015, 03:50 PM

7,578 posts, read 5,326,422 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by fitzy24 View Post
calling it illegal harvesting of wildlife.
I call it a lynching!

Old 07-08-2015, 04:04 PM

1,708 posts, read 1,637,704 times
Stupid is as stupid does.

2,601 posts, read 3,397,987 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by keepingquiet View Post
Your thread title is killing me. It anthropomorphize the alligator a little too much for my taste. I can't stand when we humans anthropomorphize animals in a serious way.
I know. I couldn't' agree more. It's an alligator. It forgets it's entire life every 30 seconds. It's pure instinct. It doesn't attack because it was mocked. It attacks when it's cornered and feels threatened by you physically attacking it or wants to eat you. It acts on instinct, not rational thought. It doesn't understand being "dissed". It doesn't dwell on it and think "I'm going to get that guy next time he comes to my pond "hood"....LMAO That's a human idea and psychology. A reptile is not even close to capable of that.

Just seems like we are constantly trying to blame people when they get attacked. As if the pond belongs to the gator....give me a break. It's a sign of moral decay the way humans(someone's family members) is given less value than a dumb wild animal. That being said, probably not the smartest idea to go swimming when you see a croc in a pond. Find another pond.

5,443 posts, read 4,679,372 times
If he was abusing the gator I would understand, but mocking it? Doubt the gator was offended. But still he made a terrible mistake, does not mean he deserved it.

Tragic, by the way where is a linked article?

Old 07-08-2015, 04:30 PM

26,143 posts, read 19,841,434 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by keepingquiet
Your thread title is killing me. It anthropomorphize the alligator a little too much for my taste. I can't stand when we humans anthropomorphize animals in a serious way.
This guy was a fool!!!!

Very sad

Old 07-08-2015, 05:09 PM

373 posts, read 482,787 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mikelizard860 View Post
I know. I couldn't' agree more. It's an alligator. It forgets it's entire life every 30 seconds. It's pure instinct. It doesn't attack because it was mocked. It attacks when it's cornered and feels threatened by you physically attacking it or wants to eat you. It acts on instinct, not rational thought. It doesn't understand being "dissed". It doesn't dwell on it and think "I'm going to get that guy next time he comes to my pond "hood"....LMAO That's a human idea and psychology. A reptile is not even close to capable of that.

Just seems like we are constantly trying to blame people when they get attacked. As if the pond belongs to the gator....give me a break. It's a sign of moral decay the way humans(someone's family members) is given less value than a dumb wild animal. That being said, probably not the smartest idea to go swimming when you see a croc in a pond. Find another pond.
I disagree. I don't know much about alligator but if you mock a dog or even a cat they will react to you differently than they would toward another human being. Being a large animal I am quite sure alligator's brain can handle more than mere instincts.

Old 07-08-2015, 05:11 PM

3,184 posts, read 4,847,102 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by snowtired14 View Post
De-evolution.
Technically, isn't the cleansing of his genes from the gene pool the exact opposite of de-evolution? He's expediting evolution.

Old 07-08-2015, 05:15 PM

26,191 posts, read 21,587,222 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nema98 View Post
If he was abusing the gator I would understand, but mocking it? Doubt the gator was offended. But still he made a terrible mistake, does not mean he deserved it.

Tragic, by the way where is a linked article?

Uh he deserved it. After being warned of the alligators in the water he jumped in after 2am. If I slap a bear I guess I don't deserve if the bear does bear things to me
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events