Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-10-2015, 07:21 AM

14,375 posts, read 18,377,781 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by MTQ3000 View Post
Oh, here we go again. You guys know more than a judge who first got involved in the case five years ago and listened to every available piece of evidence? Why, because you read a short article that your friend "shared" on Facebook with fake outrage?

The Internet is full of people who think they can do a better job, with less information, than professionals who have trained intensively in their field for a long time, e.g., anti-vaxxers, climate change deniers, home DIY'ers, assassination conspiracists, and so on.

Mick
There are quite a few judges who have ruled improperly in cases involving children once everything came to light. My particular favorite was the judge in PA (or was it judges?) who sentenced children to certain facilities/programs because he was getting kickbacks, not because they were guilty.

And in fact, the judge being involved in the case for 5 years might be exactly the problem. Could you be entirely logical and impartial if you'd been watching a case rife with insanity play out for half a decade? She SOUNDED frustrated in the transcript and she SOUNDED like someone who was playing chicken and had her bluff called.

If this case is so egregious and the father has been so slandered by the mother, why wasn't he awarded primary custody at some point in this drama and why weren't the mother's parental rights terminated? There were so many options, yet she dropped a nuclear bomb in these kids' lives, possibly to cover her own butt.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-10-2015, 07:38 AM

22,923 posts, read 15,493,436 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JrzDefector View Post
There are quite a few judges who have ruled improperly in cases involving children once everything came to light. My particular favorite was the judge in PA (or was it judges?) who sentenced children to certain facilities/programs because he was getting kickbacks, not because they were guilty.

And in fact, the judge being involved in the case for 5 years might be exactly the problem. Could you be entirely logical and impartial if you'd been watching a case rife with insanity play out for half a decade? She SOUNDED frustrated in the transcript and she SOUNDED like someone who was playing chicken and had her bluff called.

If this case is so egregious and the father has been so slandered by the mother, why wasn't he awarded primary custody at some point in this drama and why weren't the mother's parental rights terminated? There were so many options, yet she dropped a nuclear bomb in these kids' lives, possibly to cover her own butt.
This is the way I view it also. She has behaved so as to make anyone reviewing this case come to the conclusion she was more aggrieved by her orders seemingly being ignored than by any real or perceived damage being done to the children by that behaviour.

Her court exists for the sole purpose of adjudicating disputes between parents to mitigate or limit damage to innocent children, NOT to heap fire and brimstone onto their shoulders exclusively while allowing parents go about their normal routine of going home and baking cookies or flying off to a foreign country for work related stuff.

Her admonishment towards the fifteen year old boy and his IQ is proof of her inability to maintain an impartial and rational perspective.

She then proceeded to take an already terrible injustice towards their children being committed by the parents, and making it exponentially worse with her idiotic, temper driven decision to punish them instead of the perpetrators of this fiasco.

Old 07-10-2015, 07:53 AM

12,755 posts, read 9,649,482 times
Quote:
Oh, here we go again. You guys know more than a judge who first got involved in the case five years ago and listened to every available piece of evidence? Why, because you read a short article that your friend "shared" on Facebook with fake outrage?

The Internet is full of people who think they can do a better job, with less information, than professionals who have trained intensively in their field for a long time, e.g., anti-vaxxers, climate change deniers, home DIY'ers, assassination conspiracists, and so on.

Mick
You agree, then, that these children (ages 9, 10, and 14) should be punished for the failings of their parents?

Old 07-10-2015, 07:55 AM

20,126 posts, read 16,163,816 times
Quote:

Mick
Read the actual transcript. No matter what happened in the prior 5 years, her words and treatment of the children, as written in this offical transcript, is inexcusable and frankly cruel. Yes, in this case, the Internet is full of people who would have handled this better, to probably include you.

But read the transcript, then explain to me what I am missing here.

Here's the link:
http://content.foxtvmedia.com/wjbk/p...nt_to_jail.pdf

Old 07-10-2015, 08:30 AM

733 posts, read 853,758 times
Quote:

Mick
Blind.

And your slippery slope argument is worthless.

Read up on the trash that parades as judges. Like the ones with the penis pumps, on and pumping, while listening to cases. The one that harassed and ruined the Korean immigrants because they lost a pair of his pants. Many, many, many insane judges, foolish, stupid, etc.

Old 07-10-2015, 08:33 AM

36,754 posts, read 14,831,521 times
She should have sent the mother to jail.

Old 07-10-2015, 08:38 AM

14,784 posts, read 24,090,712 times
I think the judge is bat sh*t crazy and she has an axe to grind maybe something from her past . Yes why do the children have to suffer because these two supposed adults cant act in the best interest of the children ? That judge has a skewed sense of right and wrong and she is putting some type of personal interest in this . The Charles manson reference had no place in that trial and like I said that judge is bat sh*t crazy and needs to be removed from family court period .

Old 07-10-2015, 08:42 AM

2,048 posts, read 2,157,062 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oldhag1 View Post

But read the transcript, then explain to me what I am missing here.

Here's the link:
http://content.foxtvmedia.com/wjbk/p...nt_to_jail.pdf
Heart breaking. And yet something in my heart leapt when, after that judge got done telling the kids that she was going to monitor their court-ordered lunch with their dad to make sure they were totally contrite and communicative with him, the son reversed his apology and said "I'll go with my brother, then" (to jail). You go, kid.

And may this absolute witch of a human being quickly be deposed. It's just beyond belief.

Old 07-10-2015, 08:58 AM

14,375 posts, read 18,377,781 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hallouise View Post
Heart breaking. And yet something in my heart leapt when, after that judge got done telling the kids that she was going to monitor their court-ordered lunch with their dad to make sure they were totally contrite and communicative with him, the son reversed his apology and said "I'll go with my brother, then" (to jail). You go, kid.

And may this absolute witch of a human being quickly be deposed. It's just beyond belief.
No matter how wealthy their parents are, those kids really just have each other. Separating them seems exceptionally cruel. If it was felt that the eldest was pressuring the younger ones, any good therapist could have deconstructed his arguments right in front of them (he's a child!) or worked with the younger ones separately.

Old 07-10-2015, 09:20 AM

13,404 posts, read 28,733,488 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by phonelady61 View Post
I think the judge is bat sh*t crazy and she has an axe to grind maybe something from her past . Yes why do the children have to suffer because these two supposed adults cant act in the best interest of the children ? That judge has a skewed sense of right and wrong and she is putting some type of personal interest in this . The Charles manson reference had no place in that trial and like I said that judge is bat sh*t crazy and needs to be removed from family court period .
Agree 100% She needs to be removed from the bench, like yesterday
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events