Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-12-2015, 02:28 PM

922 posts, read 1,148,904 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pemgin View Post
This is exactly what she was doing, and everyone with an IQ over 60 realized it immediately upon hearing or seeing the video. But all subtlety is lost on middle 'Muricans, who immediately wrap themselves with the flag and go into "love it or leave it" mode.

Maybe you'll take up my challenge to go to a crowded place and yell "I hate America! I hate Americans!" and lets see how many people there thinks you are referring to childhood obesity. Guarantee no one will, including the cops.

Anyone with an IQ over 60 knows obesity isn't an American problem, it's a global problem.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-12-2015, 02:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mitsguy2001 View Post
But why does it matter that she has such a great voice when she doesn't even use it? Anybody can sing gibberish, good voice or not.
That's the thing, she doesn't have a great voice whatsoever. At least none of the live performances I've watched indicates that. I actually like some of her songs but her voice has never blown me away even the slightest.

As opposed to this Australian girl who has been compared to Celine, Mariah and Whitney... and rightfully so. She just blows me away with her amazing live performances. Just watch how effortlessly she hits the high notes..... can anyone post Ariana doing that? I haven't found it.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LVgERCQTEUI

Old 07-12-2015, 02:50 PM

3,006 posts, read 2,629,048 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mangoarrow View Post
Maybe you'll take up my challenge to go to a crowded place and yell "I hate America! I hate Americans!" and lets see how many people there thinks you are referring to childhood obesity. Guarantee no one will, including the cops.

Anyone with an IQ over 60 knows obesity isn't an American problem, it's a global problem.
She was in a doughnut shop, which provided the context for her statements. It was clear she was referring to America's gross obsession with junk food. She wasn't yelling, anyway. Going to a crowded place and yelling "I hate Americans" is a different scenario altogether. There would likely be a lack of contextual evidence to make one's point clear and it would be perceived as aggressive or antagonistic.

It's a global problem now, in part thanks to America's exportation of fast food culture. We invented the Baconator!

Old 07-12-2015, 02:50 PM

239 posts, read 194,742 times
Just found out she's 22 years old, not a teenager

Old 07-12-2015, 02:54 PM

Quote:
She was in a doughnut shop, which provided the context for her statements. It was clear she was referring to America's gross obsession with junk food. She wasn't yelling, anyway. Going to a crowded place and yelling "I hate Americans" is a different scenario altogether. There would likely be a lack of contextual evidence to make one's point clear and it would be perceived as aggressive or antagonistic.

It's a global problem now, in part thanks to America's exportation of fast food culture. We invented the Baconator!

Then go to a crowded restaurant and do it. You still won't because no one would think you were talking about childhood obesity.

Uh, many of the fattest countries are Muslim.... they don't eat baconator since pork is outlawed in their religion.

Old 07-12-2015, 02:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by kmb501 View Post
I'm a little confused. Do most of our leaders have IQs over 60, then? If so, why do we seem to love to catch people saying the wrong things or in seeming moments of incompetence?
We love it when we can leverage it to our own advantages. In this case, news outlets took an unfortunately worded statement which meaning could be pretty clearly inferred, and used it to generate ratings, clicks, etc. for a story claiming this pop starlet "hates America." They knew those on the right would feign righteous indignation and tune in. People use other peoples' words against them all the time when it's socially, financially, politically, or personally advantageous to do so. I just find it amusing to see super patriots get riled up over nothing.

Old 07-12-2015, 03:03 PM

Quote:
Then go to a crowded restaurant and do it. You still won't because no one would think you were talking about childhood obesity.

Uh, many of the fattest countries are Muslim.... they don't eat baconator since pork is outlawed in their religion.

Okay, but they can eat KFC when they make the Hajj: KFC - Aziziya Main Road Mecca, Saudi Arabia -Restaurants and Reviews : Shahiya.com

Old 07-12-2015, 03:24 PM

50,748 posts, read 36,458,112 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mitsguy2001 View Post
But why does it matter that she has such a great voice when she doesn't even use it? Anybody can sing gibberish, good voice or not.
She sings what her audience wants, which is pop. That's her job, to make her fans happy. Heck, some of my favorite musical groups back then didn't play or sing, period (The Monkees and the Partridge Family, lol)

Old 07-12-2015, 03:25 PM

Quote:
Yeah, if it weren't for American infidels shoving fast food down their throats, all Muslims would be svelte swimsuit models.

LOL!

Old 07-12-2015, 03:28 PM

50,748 posts, read 36,458,112 times
Quote:

No one yelled anything, why don't you actually watch the video before posting outlandish things?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events