Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-11-2015, 09:56 PM

38,936 posts, read 23,880,244 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by mitsguy2001 View Post
I am not a fan of Demi Lovato, mostly since I don't listen to teenage girl music, and because she was a terrible judge / mentor on X Factor. Not sure if I can entirely blame her, since I think she was in over her head by mentoring contestants who were older than her, and didn't get the breaks in life that she got. Having said that, I do find her voice very pleasant to listen to in "Give your heart a break". Her other songs are too teenage girlish for my tastes. Not trying to judge her, but I do wonder if her voice would have been better if she didn't drink, smoke, and do drugs. From a character point of view, I have a lot more respect for Demi Lovato than I have for other teenage girl oriented artists, such as Ariana Grande. I do feel that Demi Lovato is a genuinely good person, I'm just not a fan of her music, and I think she was a horrible choice as an X Factor judge.
To go off topic for a second, she (Demi) wasn't the best X Factor judge/coach but she was way better than others on the same seasons she was on in Britney Spears or Paulina Rubio. They weren't really good coaches. Britney only had people move on due their own talent like Carly Rose Sonenclaire while Paulina fought for Carlito at all costs when he couldn't carry a tune even if it had a pair of handles on it. Demi's problem IMO was molding her contestants into mini Demis rather than them being themselves and Demi reigning in and building onto their natural talent. For comparison, see say Blake Shelton, Pharelle Williams or Adam Levine on The Voice.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-11-2015, 10:05 PM

922 posts, read 1,148,350 times
Don't like Demi cause she exposed a contestant's family secret.....

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yLHWoSJUEZU

Old 07-12-2015, 08:19 AM

50,717 posts, read 36,411,320 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mitsguy2001 View Post
I don't understand why people say that Ariana Grande is gorgeous just because she is ridiculously thin. Being ridiculously thin does not make somebody gorgeous. Most men would prefer women who are not quite as thin as Ariana.
I was talking more about her face.

I want to clarify, I am not defending her behavior. I think it was a stupid stunt and the donut licking was gross. I just don't believe it is pitch-fork worthy and I don't see why everyone is acting so shocked and outraged that young people go out and get buzzed and do and say stupid things.

Last edited by ocnjgirl; 07-12-2015 at 08:31 AM..

Old 07-12-2015, 10:02 AM

17,468 posts, read 12,930,218 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ocnjgirl View Post
I was talking more about her face.

I want to clarify, I am not defending her behavior. I think it was a stupid stunt and the donut licking was gross. I just don't believe it is pitch-fork worthy and I don't see why everyone is acting so shocked and outraged that young people go out and get buzzed and do and say stupid things.
How would you like to be the person to pick up her licked donut. I understand you are not defending the behavior, but now you are giving excuses, she is an adult. As one poster even talked about someone licking sliver ware from a set table........that is just gross and Ms. Grande or anyone else caught should be extremely by the public.

I rarely eat out and this is the very reason, along with unwashed hands with gloves on them. Salvia has germs!

Ariana Grande: 'Licked' And 'Spit' On Donuts, Could Face Jail Time? [Report]
Wolfee Donuts owner Joe Marin said that Ariana Grande “licked” and “spit” on the merchandise that was out for display when his employees weren’t looking.
Marin said that both Grande and her backup dancer were seen licking and spitting on the donuts. Afterwards, Grande jumps up and down laughing in shock. The owner says that the donuts that were out were meant to be put away, but the employees had to take care of the customers since they’re always their first priority. Marin was looking for an apology from Grande, but it looks like she may have to pay a hefty price.

Both Grande and Alvarez could serve time for cross contaminating the donuts. It was reported that the donuts that Grande licked were sold to customers.

Old 07-12-2015, 10:08 AM

50,717 posts, read 36,411,320 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 3~Shepherds View Post
How would you like to be the person to pick up her licked donut?? As one poster even talked about someone licking sliver ware from a set table........that is just gross and Ms. Grande or anyone else caught should be extremely by the public.

I rarely eat out and this is the very reason, along with unwashed hands with gloves on them. Salvia has germs!

Ariana Grande: 'Licked' And 'Spit' On Donuts, Could Face Jail Time? [Report]
Wolfee Donuts owner Joe Marin said that Ariana Grande “licked” and “spit” on the merchandise that was out for display when his employees weren’t looking.
Marin said that both Grande and her backup dancer were seen licking and spitting on the donuts. Afterwards, Grande jumps up and down laughing in shock. The owner says that the donuts that were out were meant to be put away, but the employees had to take care of the customers since they’re always their first priority. Marin was looking for an apology from Grande, but it looks like she may have to pay a hefty price.

Both Grande and Alvarez could serve time for cross contaminating the donuts. It was reported that the donuts that Grande licked were sold to customers.
I wouldn't like it, it just doesn't shock me. I used to work at a Dominoes back in the day, and if you get fast food by young people, I guarantee you've eaten things you didn't know you were eating (never by me, but I knew some drivers who spit on pizzas if they knew the house didn't tip). I just don't get the level of professed shock. I just don't think she's that different than other young people, she's just more famous. I just don't think a stupid stunt makes her a horrible person who has no redeeming value. I think people take things too seriously today and expect too much from a kid who has way more money than she knows what to do with.

I would like to see how everyone here would have handled having millions of dollars as a teen and young adult, I'd wager we'd all do a stupid thing or two along the road of maturing enough to handle it like an adult.

Old 07-12-2015, 10:11 AM

11,755 posts, read 7,111,606 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 3~Shepherds View Post
How would you like to be the person to pick up her licked donut.
Eh, why not. Is that any worse than making out with her? Besides, that donut would fetch gazillion dollars on eBay if it could be authenticated.

Mick

Old 07-12-2015, 10:15 AM

2,365 posts, read 2,146,559 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MTQ3000 View Post
Eh, why not. Is that any worse than making out with her? Besides, that donut would fetch gazillion dollars on eBay if it could be authenticated.

Mick
Pfft! Let's not get carried away. Its not like she is anyone noteworthy yet. Marilyn Monroe, Sophia Loren, Liz Taylor or Jackie O's licked donut - maybe. Arianna Grande - not so much.

It wouldnt surprise me if noone bought it at all.

If I was the shop owner and had surveillance photos of her doing it, I would definately blow one up and display it in my shop window - "Even anorexic looking vegans cant resist the temptation of our donuts!"

Old 07-12-2015, 10:20 AM

11,755 posts, read 7,111,606 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ConeyGirl52 View Post
Pfft! Let's not get carried away. Its not like she is anyone noteworthy yet. Marilyn Monroe, Sophia Loren, Liz Taylor or Jackie O's licked donut - maybe. Arianna Grande - not so much.

It wouldnt surprise me if noone bought it at all.

If I was the shop owner and had surveillance photos of her doing it, I would definately blow one up and display it in my shop window - "Even anorexic looking vegans cant resist the temptation of our donuts!"
You know she is already huge . . . . GRANDE, if you will. So I am told.

Mick

Old 07-12-2015, 10:25 AM

2,365 posts, read 2,146,559 times
Quote:
You know she is already huge . . . . GRANDE, if you will. So I am told.

Mick
LOL! Maybe in name only, but she's not a household word yet. She's on her way amongst the teen and pre-teen set. Maybe you could authenticate the donut and see if she ever reaches the notoriety of Madonna or Lady Gaga. It could prove to be a good speculative investment.

Old 07-12-2015, 10:28 AM

109 posts, read 141,587 times
Quote:

Mick
Yea, I honestly don't get why people think it's so gross (especially people attracted to her). Maybe if she was sick or something and I got sick, then it'd be different, but if I knew she wasn't sick, then I'd probably enjoy the doughnut even more!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events