Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-10-2015, 01:03 AM

1,790 posts, read 2,050,607 times

Advertisements

Will it be displayed next to the Swastika?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-10-2015, 03:32 AM

1,984 posts, read 1,699,100 times
I wonder what they'll blame next time some sub-moronic malcontent goes on a killing spree?

"It is amazing what a man will do for a bit of colored cloth." -Napolean Bonapart

Old 07-10-2015, 03:53 AM

2,365 posts, read 2,146,337 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Al G View Post
Oh, I'm sorry. I thought this tread was about Current Events. I didn't know I had to post where I got it from and that it had to p-s people off to get a reply. Just trying to inform. Aren't you glad to see something positive for a change? Well for most people anyway.
Hmmm...Im sorry I pointed out what would have made it skyrocket. I am aware there are people in the world that dont appreciate what was at least a bump to a dying thread.

If you are taking my commentary on what makes a thread successful, and on human nature in general personally, Im sorry you are doing that too. Please forgive me. Thanks.

Old 07-10-2015, 04:03 AM

8,377 posts, read 4,357,906 times
Flags are not racist. People are.

Old 07-10-2015, 05:16 AM

33,999 posts, read 17,030,256 times
Great decision. The red, white, and blue is OUR national flag.

Old 07-10-2015, 05:30 AM

6,806 posts, read 4,466,216 times
The confederate flag was out of place...just like those rainbow colored lights on the White House. Finally our government did the right thing by removing it.

Unfortunately that wasn't good enough for the liberals. Now they're going after anything confederate. It seems the human race can't win no matter what it does.

Old 07-10-2015, 07:57 AM

8,377 posts, read 4,357,906 times
Everyone brings up the swastika like that is the be all, end all ... end of discussion. I call BS. There is little more horrifying than the atrocities committed by Nazi Germany but again, the swastika is just a symbol. It is no more racist than the confederate flag and has different meanings to different people. People are racist, not symbols. No one sees the world the same someone else. I get irritated at Barney the dinosaur. I think hes pretty irritating, but its just me. At least I don't go ballistic when I see him.

Sure we judge people by appearance. How many times have you seen a young teen with green/purple hair, tats and piercings and immediately thought they were less of a person than you? Have you ever taken the time to speak to some one "out of the ordinary" only to find out they were pretty decent people after all?

We should judge by action, not appearance. Just because we see a symbol that initially gives us pause, we at least should consider that it does not mean the same thing to everyone. If you go ballistic over something as simple as a confederate battle flag, or a swastika, I dare say it is you that has the issue, not the symbol.

Old 07-10-2015, 08:02 AM

36,754 posts, read 14,812,910 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by eddie gein View Post
The South Carolina State legislature is approximately 65% Republican, I suppose they are all a bunch of liberals all of the sudden?
Someone is not aware that the confederate flag is not a Republican problem. It went up when Democrat governor (and, subsequently, longtime congressional Liberal ), Ernest Hollings presided over SC.

And, yes, as a woman, I'm embarrassed by Jenny Horne's histrionics. It's a good thing she wasn't the one carrying the banner for women's suffrage.

Old 07-10-2015, 08:04 AM

6,806 posts, read 4,466,216 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ditchoc View Post
Everyone brings up the swastika like that is the be all, end all ... end of discussion. I call BS. There is little more horrifying than the atrocities committed by Nazi Germany but again, the swastika is just a symbol. It is no more racist than the confederate flag and has different meanings to different people. People are racist, not symbols. No one sees the world the same someone else. I get irritated at Barney the dinosaur. I think hes pretty irritating, but its just me. At least I don't go ballistic when I see him.

Sure we judge people by appearance. How many times have you seen a young teen with green/purple hair, tats and piercings and immediately thought they were less of a person than you? Have you ever taken the time to speak to some one "out of the ordinary" only to find out they were pretty decent people after all?

We should judge by action, not appearance. Just because we see a symbol that initially gives us pause, we at least should consider that it does not mean the same thing to everyone. If you go ballistic over something as simple as a confederate battle flag, or a swastika, I dare say it is you that has the issue, not the symbol.

It's a Confederate flag. What do you people not understand about it being out of place flying over American government buildings? Fly one in your own backyard if you must. It doesn't belong at the Capitol anymore that the ISIS flag, Christian flag or Rainbow flag. American flag only.

Old 07-10-2015, 08:11 AM

1,198 posts, read 1,551,216 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Javacoffee View Post
It's a Confederate flag. What do you people not understand about it being out of place flying over American government buildings? Fly one in your own backyard if you must. It doesn't belong at the Capitol anymore that the ISIS flag, Christian flag or Rainbow flag. American flag only.
The flag in SC wasn't over a government building.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events