Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-10-2015, 09:47 PM

9,569 posts, read 5,626,412 times

Advertisements

This was aired tonight on CNBC regarding Jeb's investment into a company that was a complete sham & he was recruiting investors into a sham company.

How sweet deal turned sour for Jeb Bush | Miami Herald Miami Herald

At InnoVida, the CEO hired Jeb Bush and went to prison | Tampa Bay Times

Typical of the Bushies:

critcrim.org

Interesting read about the first family criminal empire. Please don't let these dirt bags back into the White House!
Please read all of the links please before you comment & will be appreciated!

PS: Jeb was my Governor so I have seen all of this before.

http://www.cnbc.com/2014/04/21/jeb-b...be-hurdle.html
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-10-2015, 10:02 PM

16,603 posts, read 8,615,472 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by msgsing View Post
Yup. Typical Republican nonsense. Americans are already working longer and longer hours most without anytime overtime pay. Who benefits? Upper management and wealthy stockholders.

Not that I accept your naïve and half baked premise, but what would be wrong with being a stockholder yourself?

I ask because I went from someone struggling to make ends meet to now being able to own stocks. Granted I am no where near the "1%", but I am still working my way up. So unless you are terminally ignorant or devoid of any ambition, why empathize with the workers instead of striving to become a more financially secure person?
Remember, never be limited by what others say you can and cannot do. You are only limited by your own idea of who your are and your potential in life.

PS - Sorry to say such harsh (R) things to you, if you would prefer to wallow in whatever menial station in life you are presently in. Still as a free individual, try doing something with all the wonderful opportunities this country affords you by your birthright.

`

Old 07-10-2015, 10:05 PM

4,288 posts, read 2,060,202 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by msgsing View Post
Yup. Typical Republican nonsense. Americans are already working longer and longer hours most without anytime overtime pay. Who benefits? Upper management and wealthy stockholders.
It couldn't be that too many people have part time jobs who want full time jobs of course not people would rather believe he thinks the poor need to work 60hrs.

Although from my experience there is nothing wrong with working more hours even with full time good paying jobs.

Old 07-10-2015, 10:42 PM

48 posts, read 38,347 times
Default I work hard

I am a single mom and work my butt off taking care of the elderly. I do put in overtime every chance I get ! I go to the food bank every week because I have a piece of crap car that is taking anything extra I have. My insurance for my daughter and I turns out to be 190 a paycheck. I am paid bi weekly and I wonder why the hell I even have it cause I can't and wont be able to make the deductible. I work full time and have worked since I have been 16. The only time I have ever taken off was a week or so for pregnancy leave. Right back to work. Its horrible trying to find babysitters and they are expensive. I am grateful they are no longer needed. My child is 14 now and just going into high school. I am hard on her about her grades because I don't want her to live like we do when she gets older. I am praying she will choose college. Not only that seriously Jeb Bush has no clue how I struggle and I am thankful for my full time job. There are friends of mine who want to work 40 plus hours a week but they get 30. I have friends who want to work full time but the company does not have the hours to give them. I need to move out of this right to work state.

Old 07-10-2015, 11:34 PM

15,293 posts, read 17,687,736 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by UKWildcat1981 View Post
Work smarter not longer, get rich or die trying people lol
Sounds good. How many deaths are we talking here? The Black Death was a big economic boost in the 14th century. It freed up a lot of resources and set the stage for the Renaissance. We might even get by without killing a full third of the population. Let's start with 50 million and take stock. If that doesn't work, we can always do the other 50 million.

Old 07-10-2015, 11:36 PM

10,137 posts, read 17,484,012 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by FlowerPower00 View Post
It's too bad those two are the choices. I wish we could think outside the box.
So do I. Rand, Elizabeth...........just someone new and original.....or at least a bit original..........I might even give Bernie a shot just not the Clinton/Bush Cartel.

Old 07-10-2015, 11:38 PM

14,317 posts, read 22,388,935 times
Default Put a fork in Jeb...

He's DONE. With this one statement, he has eliminated himself from serious contention.

Republicans everywhere should be embarrassed...

Old 07-10-2015, 11:39 PM

10,137 posts, read 17,484,012 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bobdreamz View Post
you are no "Democrat" since you live in CO Springs which is one of the most Conservative cities in the US and full of the Military. How much work can people do when the "Repukes" won't give people "healthcare" or raise the "Minimum wage " across the nation to a "livable" wage?

Were are those "Full time " jobs? Let's ask the "Bushies"and "the GOP" when they sent all of our manufacturing jobs to "3rd. world" nations back in the 80's under Reagan & the Bush family.

All they ever cared was about Corporate profits. Yes! Let's work "harder" for the corrupt CEO slave masters of the Republican party!

Oh! The hard workers are the "Illegals" which are preferable since you don't have to pay them benefits either.

I like Bill but he pushed NAFTA hardcore so let's try and be objective ok?

Both are hacks for Corp Amerika

Old 07-11-2015, 12:18 AM

10,069 posts, read 7,241,915 times
In full context I get what he was trying to say - that to get to the 4% target growth he wants there needs to productivity and that means more full time and fewer part time jobs.

My question for him is, so what magic policy are you going to use to get employers to start doling out full time positions when they currently get the job done with multiple part-timers?

Plus the bigger problem is not 7 or 8 hours of work per week. The larger problem is that wages are not high enough to keep up with cost of living. Wow, if you give a worker making $9.00 an hour an extra 8 hours of work per week - after taxes that's a whole $72 a week! That's about $300 a month or after taxes maybe $240 a month. Nothing to sneeze at, and while that would have some beneficial economic effect if done across the board - in reality that $70 a week is not the true problem. And again, I want to know what his plan is to entice employers who for the last 15 or so years have learned how to squeeze a lot of productivity out of part time workers.

Old 07-11-2015, 03:33 AM

224 posts, read 273,572 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NoleFanHSV View Post
Really? Fine. Pay me more.

AMEN to a livable wage for all people.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events