Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-10-2015, 02:46 PM

17,461 posts, read 15,047,804 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by madison999 View Post
he let out some truth about liars.

liars never like that.

I'd buy him a beer
I don't necessarily agree with how he did it.. But I agree that it needed to be done.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-10-2015, 05:19 PM

31,848 posts, read 17,518,206 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheWiseWino View Post
Courage, is doing what you think is right and owning up to it in public, not running off to Russia of all places.

I hasten to add, that I find nothing courageous about the indiscriminate dumping of American intelligence.

You should read up on why he's in Russia. You're missing some key information.

Old 07-10-2015, 06:11 PM

12,314 posts, read 8,045,854 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by texdav View Post
The new FBI director stated that there would be no plea offered to Snowden calling him a fugative to be brought to justice in US. He dismissed ex-Attorney General Holders suggestion out right. Good thing holders gone: IMO.
Isn't this Attorney General Lynch's call?

Old 07-10-2015, 06:23 PM

15,083 posts, read 20,426,251 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sugah Ray View Post
Thank God we live in a wonderful country where our government is transparent and people are never persecuted for exposing their government's actions. Those poor people in other countries don't know how it is to live in the land of freedom.

♪ ♫ ♬ "O say does that star-spangled banner yet wave,
O'er the land of the free and the home of the brave?"
♪ ♫ ♬
Like Snowden in Russia?

[the irony]

Old 07-10-2015, 06:31 PM

23,769 posts, read 28,926,076 times
don't worry, we'll snatch him back...one day

Old 07-10-2015, 06:33 PM

12,275 posts, read 7,101,365 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheWiseWino View Post
Courage, is doing what you think is right and owning up to it in public, not running off to Russia of all places.

I hasten to add, that I find nothing courageous about the indiscriminate dumping of American intelligence.
How does him getting himself executed benefit anyone?

He did what he did for fellow Americans, and that's that. Why does he have to die, too?

He knows that the government abuses its citizens. So why wouldn't he protect himself accordingly, after warning the public?

Old 07-10-2015, 06:46 PM

31,848 posts, read 17,518,206 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by texdav View Post
The new FBI director stated that there would be no plea offered to Snowden calling him a fugative to be brought to justice in US. He dismissed ex-Attorney General Holders suggestion out right. Good thing holders gone: IMO.

He's not that new, is he? Two years in?

I think he's between a rock and a hard place. Comey is one of the few people in government that seems to be trustworthy and level headed. But if there's a plea deal with Snowden, we may see more things revealed that put the country at real risk.

I have no problem with what Snowden did and the way he did it. He initially fled the country out of fear for his life. They waited until he was in Russia and then cancelled his passport so he couldn't leave. Unfortunately, I don't think it would be in his best interest to return even if the government said there would be no action taken against him.

Old 07-10-2015, 07:02 PM

20,868 posts, read 23,456,593 times
By running off to China first and the Russia, he proved himself to be a traitor. He deserves nothing but long jail time.

Old 07-10-2015, 07:21 PM

18,073 posts, read 18,732,081 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by trlhiker View Post
By running off to China first and the Russia, he proved himself to be a traitor. He deserves nothing but long jail time.
He was not running off to either of those countries, he got stuck in Russia when the US pulled his passport, he was on his way to Ecuador.

Old 07-10-2015, 09:26 PM

463 posts, read 318,885 times
You guys that are so harsh to judge him and thinks he acted recklessly, you owe it to yourselves to watch "Citizenfour". I can highly recommend it to anyone interested in the Snowden case.

https://citizenfourfilm.com/
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events