Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 07-11-2015, 10:49 AM

7,138 posts, read 11,029,019 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Listener2307 View Post
It was only divided because The Union felt the need to kill anyone who wished to leave and start their own country.
They were traitors. Thats what usually happens to traitors.

Old 07-11-2015, 10:50 AM

14,945 posts, read 12,143,957 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Seagrape Grove View Post
Not funny. Stupid and disrespectful.
So the driver is NOT entitled to express his own beliefs and opinions? Not allowed to react to having his property stolen?

Old 07-11-2015, 10:52 AM

7,138 posts, read 11,029,019 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Travelassie View Post
So the driver is NOT entitled to express his own beliefs and opinions? Not allowed to react to having his property stolen?
He expressed his believes, and the guy who tore it down expressed his.

Old 07-11-2015, 10:55 AM

8,381 posts, read 4,366,655 times
https://www.facebook.com/jimmy.niles...00388/?fref=nf

Old 07-11-2015, 10:57 AM

30,362 posts, read 19,156,062 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by KaaBoom View Post
Do you support people removing things from property that isn't their own? So if you have an Oregon Duck mascot on your car, it's okay if I take it off since I like the Huskies...or is it conditional based on the code of the Political Correctness Nazis?

Old 07-11-2015, 12:45 PM

35,061 posts, read 17,006,525 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SHABAZZ310 View Post
Tearing off an object off a truck in moving traffic? Real candidate for the Darwin Award Winners.

As for the merits, I am not into political correctness but flags are different from other symbols. I believe their misuse can and should be restricted.
Quote:
Am I allowed to vandalize property or steal in support of my "beliefs"?

Old 07-11-2015, 01:06 PM
AFP

7,412 posts, read 6,897,156 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jbgusa View Post
Tearing off an object off a truck in moving traffic? Real candidate for the Darwin Award Winners.

As for the merits, I am not into political correctness but flags are different from other symbols. I believe their misuse can and should be restricted.Am I allowed to vandalize property or steal in support of my "beliefs"?
It's pretty obvious by reading some of these posts that he does. It is also obvious that some find it justified and comical. As for me I have no use for thieves they're useless they aren't even trustworthy enough to do a menial job they'll steal given a chance, if they guy in the video was working for me I'd get rid of him.

Old 07-11-2015, 01:12 PM

48,502 posts, read 96,848,488 times
Just another person who likely wants 15 minute of fame or has likely many grievances he thinks keep him down.

Old 07-11-2015, 04:18 PM

14,945 posts, read 12,143,957 times
Quote:
Sure he did, by vandalism and theft... but it's ok with you, since he's on the "right" side of political correctness.

It disgusts a lot of folks to see young men wearing pants hanging low with their underroos out there for the world to see. By your reasoning, it should be just fine for someone to express his beliefs by walking up to someone wearing pants like that, and pull them up. Or maybe just pull them right off, like your friend did the flag off the truck. Not that I'd try it, I assure you, while I might not like it I would consider it violating the guy's space and his right to dress as he chooses, but then, I wouldn't pull a privately owned flag off a vehicle- even if I disagreed with the sentiment or symbolism expressed by that flag. That's what you do when you respect others' rights. NOT like this guy, or you, apparently, in cheering what he did.

There used to be an old saying, back in the day before PC ruled the day and most people didn't go around looking for things to get offended about, or believed they were entitled to tromp over the rights of others to get what they wanted, and that saying was "Your rights end where my nose begins". Think about it.

Old 07-11-2015, 04:30 PM

20,169 posts, read 24,328,678 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Travelassie View Post
Literally my way or the highway. No discussion, not even any acknowledgement for the rights of others, just I don't like it, I destroy it.

So now, how about we see somebody walking around with their pants hanging down around their knees, their underoos hanging out for the world to see, we grab them, pull those pants back up and send them on their way? I Mean, anything goes, right?
Ah, but you wouldn't, lassie. There is a difference between what is legal and what is right. (See "gay marriage".) There is also a stark difference between people want to do something, and people who have to do something.

Want a macro? The South wanted to cling to a romantic ideal which originated in the past. The North HAD to move forward into a diverse world to be realized in the future. Might not feel good about it, but there you are.

I don't know how else to describe it -- if one is talking about why thinga happen.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events