Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-13-2015, 10:20 AM

379 posts, read 358,075 times

Advertisements

White kids can wave around real guns if they want, whereas black kids will be shot even if they are just using a cell phone without a gun shaped case. A white kid just shot up a church and the cops took him to Burger King afterwards. Thus it's sort of a pointless restriction. I'm surprised Stuart Smalley isn't the pol behind the bill. This sort of thing seems like the reason he gets up in the morning.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-13-2015, 10:39 AM

8,452 posts, read 4,733,154 times
I consider a phone case shaped like a real gun to be an effective Darwin test, but I have no constitutional problem with them being banned at the state level. It does take a special kind of stupid to buy one of these in our current law enforcement environment though.

Old 07-13-2015, 10:43 AM

8,452 posts, read 4,733,154 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Arne Bjornson View Post
A white kid just shot up a church and the cops took him to Burger King afterwards.
They didn't "take him to Burger King" and I think you know that. Letting him starve in custody would set a very bad precedent that I'm sure you would have no interest in being on the wrong end of, regardless of the instant gratification his suffering would give you in the short term.

Old 07-13-2015, 10:43 AM

12,883 posts, read 13,936,144 times
I don't necessarily think it should be illegal, but if something happens to you while you're carrying it because a cop mistakes it for a gun, I won't feel bad for you. How about we just use our brains on this one?

Old 07-13-2015, 10:48 AM

379 posts, read 358,075 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Uncle Bully View Post
They didn't "take him to Burger King" and I think you know that. Letting him starve in custody would set a very bad precedent that I'm sure you would have no interest in being on the wrong end of, regardless of the instant gratification his suffering would give you in the short term.
You are right, I guess I should have said they went out and picked up Burger King for him

Old 07-13-2015, 10:52 AM

31,848 posts, read 17,543,036 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Arne Bjornson View Post
You are right, I guess I should have said they went out and picked up Burger King for him
It sounds like you think they wouldn't have done the same had he been black. Do you have evidence of this?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events