Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-12-2015, 12:00 PM

379 posts, read 359,141 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by BadJuju View Post
What kind of inane and equally insane logic would lead you to cite natural selection? Natural selection leads to a great many medical problems that we routinely treat. Are you against medical intervention when a child has developmental problems, like cerebral palsy, that greatly curtails the quality of their life?

I'm okay with you being against the government using taxpayer funds to provide medical care to people. Not that I agree with it as I believe in universal healthcare and that it is a fundamental human right. Otherwise, you are a disgusting bigot. What I and other trans people do with our bodies is not sick. We are treating the root cause of our medically verified condition to ensure that our mind and body are whole.

My attitude is fine. It is the attitude of people like yourself that fight to oppress trans and other LGBTQ people that is the issue here.
Keep in mind the guy you are arguing with is a straightedge vegan cop who believes in shariah style punishment for people who drink or smoke pot, that animals have more rights than humans, and owes his entire existence to tax payers who pay his salary and bloated California pension.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-12-2015, 12:05 PM

4,856 posts, read 5,817,545 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ConeyGirl52 View Post
Yeah, but that's just the thing Poppysead. There was a time in my life - 14, at the onset of puberty - that I wished I had been born a boy. Somehow, in my pubescent mind, I honestly believed my life would have somehow been better if I had been born a man rather than a woman. I even dressed myself as a young Bob Seger for Halloween that year.

If the ability had been there, I might have made the puberty hormone-driven choice to have the change made, which would have devastated what has been a perfectly normal female existance in my adult life. Im not even gay, lol.

I believe Ria when she says she wants to go back to being Brad. I believe there are people that as adults made the change, and now want to go back. Im not saying all adults do come to that conclusion, but at least they were adults when they made the informed choice to take the hormones and have the surgery to begin with.

I dont see a time in your life when your hormones are naturally and purposefully going haywire anyway as the best time to start taking more hormones - whether you are having gender issues along with that or not. That just doesnt make sense to me.

Im not saying a 15 year old cant be mature enough to know its the right choice either, but for those like me, where it could have easily been a devastingly wrong choice to make, I still think they should wait until they are adults. Its not a choice that should be made until the person has fully developed physically and emmotionally. If they still feel something went wrong in the womb after that, go for it! Make the change.
You don't have to be gay to be trans.

Old 07-12-2015, 12:09 PM

2,365 posts, read 2,146,559 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JaxRhapsody View Post
You don't have to be gay to be trans.
And, I have no doubt thats all you got from that post, lol.

Old 07-12-2015, 12:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by notmeofficer View Post
Yes. There is an issue... in your mind and people like you who think extremist views are the norm and do anything and everything possible to MAKE others accept deviant behavior... I would say for the most part forgiving Americans don't care... but that is not good enough for lbgt extremist adults now... weirdos want kids... so that the abnormal would beome normal ... and it isnt

I believe that you believe you are right... hard to live in your skin otherwise.

What if a 15 year old decides he wants some other alteration to his body because it makes him feel OK...maybe he wants body parts of both sexes all the time and doesn't want to identify with either sex... or wants to change his race.. or wants to disfigure himself for pity by others...maybe he wants an extra limb? The root cause is a damaged human being psychologically

Are there any physical alterations you wouldn't support? Or is anything that you want to do to yourself OK.
Wrong... heck yes its wrong... its wrong medically... its wrong spiritually.. its wrong with moral compass.... please consider checking yours

I don't feel anything but sorrow for someone who cannot see a clear moral path and why we are given one opportunity...

More media driven drivel there is now a transgender reality show of a juvenile on the learning channel.. I wonder if watching it might make you feel normal... I also wonder how many uber impressionable youth might see it and think hey..look at all the attention .. that could be me....
There is something wrong with you.

Old 07-12-2015, 12:16 PM

Quote:
There is something wrong with you.
Whats with the personal attacks? Cant intelligently counter an opinion?

Old 07-12-2015, 12:19 PM

50,759 posts, read 24,261,465 times
Look, I'm not coming at this from the moral issue. I'm coming at this from the issues of:

1. It's totally elective surgery to make someone feel better about themselves. So is plastic surgery. And I do not expect taxpayers to pay for that type of elective surgery. If the girl or boy wants to have the surgery, with the parent's permission, and paid for out their own savings, I have no problem with it.
2. If 22 year old Ariana Grande is dumb enough to lick and spit on donuts in a bakery, then yes, I have very strong doubts that a 15 year old has the wisdom to make such a decision on his or her own. And that's backed up by my 33 year history of working with teenagers, who frankly, don't know chit from shinola.

Old 07-12-2015, 12:20 PM

Quote:
And, I have no doubt thats all you got from that post, lol.
Actually, it isn't, it onlyseemed like the only thing that could've used a response, if I were to give one, because of the stigmata that all transgender, or crossdressers are gay. Are you trying to tell me that I'm stupid, or dense, or something?

Old 07-12-2015, 12:26 PM

Quote:
Actually, it isn't, it onlyseemed like the only thing that could've used a response, if I were to give one, because of the stigmata that all transgender, or crossdressers are gay. Are you trying to tell me that I'm stupid, or dense, or something?
No, your statement gave no credit to the post you replied to.

Ria, the youngest transgender in the UK, wants to go back to being a gay guy. You sounded like I didnt know that you didnt need to be gay. I already stated in the post you relied to that I had those feelings myself when I was 14, which I was not even gay.

Sorry that I didnt continue on to remain miserable because I was not born a man.

I wont comment on your intelligence. I dont feel I need to. *shrugs*

Old 07-12-2015, 12:31 PM

Quote:
Whats with the personal attacks? Cant intelligently counter an opinion?
Lol, sure I can, and was, then I saw something about having religious structure, and simply changed my mind, for I didn't want to write too much. Technically it was a personal attack to respond to an attack on many people- at least I was more focused on who I was talking about, and to, and not an entire group of people, feel better about my unintelligent response now, or should I add some more four-syllable words until it's up to you expectation. I don't always need to sound like a college professor to simply say one is an imbecile for how they think.

I didn't just join this site last year, I've got plenty long-winded, fancy worded responses on this site, not hard to find either, since I post in man, many sections.

Old 07-12-2015, 12:35 PM

Quote:
No, your statement gave no credit to the post you replied to.

Ria, the youngest transgender in the UK, wants to go back to being a gay guy. You sounded like I didnt know that you didnt need to be gay. I already stated in the post you relied to that I had those feelings myself when I was 14, which I was not even gay.

Sorry that I didnt continue on to remain miserable because I was not born a man.

I wont comment on your intelligence. I dont feel I need to. *shrugs*
Oh, well see; a simple misunderstanding on my part, as I misread your post, sorry about that, ir happens sometimes.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events