Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-13-2015, 03:14 AM

20,126 posts, read 16,159,824 times

Advertisements

On a postive note (cough, cough) they are indeed a racially diverse group, so there is that. But seriously, this was a group of thugs whose parents didn't bother to control them, and as a result, they ruined a large number of lives, including their own. We need to hold parents responsible for clearly poor parenting choices, nothing will change until we do. Before anyone says it's hard to stop a teen determined to do wrong, many of those choices were made long before they became teenagers.

Old 07-13-2015, 07:43 AM

4,677 posts, read 5,768,085 times
Even though it looks like King is the one who fired the shot... it is going to be tough to prove that. Will not be surprised if the doubt on who did what results in plea deals for everyone and all of them on parole or probation within two years.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-13-2015, 08:13 AM

22,923 posts, read 15,489,598 times
I do't think it's going to be all that tough to prove who the shooter actually was. These kids don't represent the 'tough as nails' typical gang members with a code of silence not to be broken lest their families get a late night visit from other gangers.

I can see the makings of discussion happening with at least four of their parents that will have them rolling on the shooter faster than you can say "pass the Kleenex".

There will be enough of them that all sing the same song to enable a prosecutor to perform that Perry Mason moment with his finger pointing right at the King kid. The lone hold-out might be Rodriquez but even that might change once his father tells him where the 'bear shat in the buckwheat' as regards his future in jail.

I find it amazingly oxymoronic that parents don't invest enough attention never thinking of their lives being turned into crap through the actions of the kids they allow to run wild.

A heart to heart with my father when I was a teen acting out amounted to "I will not allow you to damage our families reputation in this town" there was an unstated threat that I would pay dearly and painfully to him if I brought disrepute upon his name.

It's almost as if parents today don't give a crap what others think of them.

Old 07-13-2015, 09:11 AM

52,698 posts, read 34,555,075 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by elan View Post
Rats, I really hate to hear this. I'm in Albuquerque several times a year and I was starting to feel like things were getting better. Guess not. Sounds like, in this case, the parents weren't looking after their kids. They should put them in jail too.
Albuquerque is still a rough town. 20 years ago my roommate got jumped by a carload of chollos for the sin of walking home from work while white. they broke his jaw in 2 places.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events