Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-13-2015, 05:47 AM

36,754 posts, read 14,828,087 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by flyonpa View Post
I wonder going back years...

How many kids died in cars, before the airbags put the kids in the back seat, in Beef up car seat that the kids are so quiet in?

These "forgotten baby" incidents are an unintended consequence (seen with all gub-ment meddling) of mandatory air bags and back seat, rear-facing child seats. Anyone who can't see the relationship has a strudel in his noodle.

Add to the mix today's iconnected robots, and you have a recipe for disaster.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-13-2015, 06:16 AM

25,961 posts, read 22,120,062 times
There would be so many signs that could be used for the feeble minded. I would never be unloading the car and leaving the baby while I went into the house with "stuff". I would always take the baby in and get the baby comfortable and then unload the car especially in the heat.

Maybe if those going on a shopping trip let the baby hold the TV remote, they would realize the baby, or at least the remote, was missing. They could also leave a sign on the refrigerator or on the computer screen. They could make the slightest effort and would save the life of their baby.

Old 07-13-2015, 06:36 AM

6,806 posts, read 4,474,697 times
As many times as I've taken pets back and forth to the vet, I've never forgotten they were in the car.

Old 07-13-2015, 07:17 AM

44,259 posts, read 64,365,577 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Delahanty View Post
These "forgotten baby" incidents are an unintended consequence (seen with all gub-ment meddling) of mandatory air bags and back seat, rear-facing child seats. Anyone who can't see the relationship has a strudel in his noodle.

Add to the mix today's iconnected robots, and you have a recipe for disaster.
I completely agree.
However, the net is lives saved in favor of the meddling.

Old 07-13-2015, 07:29 AM

11,755 posts, read 7,117,231 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 3~Shepherds View Post
Seems the baby had to be crying, really this makes no sense.
True, babies are known to never take a nap.

Mick

Old 07-13-2015, 07:33 AM

11,755 posts, read 7,117,231 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by thatguydownsouth View Post
You guys do realize the point of those stickers is to let emergency responders know there is a baby in the vehicle right? There are different precautions to take with infants and responders must act fast...Use your goddamn brain and do some research before you open your gaping cavern of stupidity that is your mouth......jesus christ....
That may or may not have been the original purpose, but clearly nowadays people use the stickers to tell other drivers to refrain from driving aggressively. Don't believe me? Go ask around. . . . . l. ron hubbard . . .

Mick

Old 07-13-2015, 10:29 AM

26,143 posts, read 19,841,434 times
Angry *

Quote:
Originally Posted by Juram
I've said it before, people are so attached to things like purses and smartphones
Ya thats all they are concerned with and its sick!!!!!!

Old 07-13-2015, 11:37 AM

21,695 posts, read 28,449,641 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MTQ3000 View Post
That may or may not have been the original purpose, but clearly nowadays people use the stickers to tell other drivers to refrain from driving aggressively. Don't believe me? Go ask around. . . . . l. ron hubbard . . .

Mick
That was exactly the original purpose; to encourage people to drive more safely. I remember when they first came out. Obviously it didn't work.

Regarding the comment made by another poster about first responders, these stickers are tiny and they can be placed anywhere on a vehicle. I can't imagine a rescuer walking around a large SUV involved in an accident looking for one to see if there is a "baby on board."

I think it would be a lot quicker just to look in the window to see if there is an actual car seat with an actual baby in it to rescue. That's what they do.

Old 07-15-2015, 06:32 AM

3,205 posts, read 2,623,562 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cryptic View Post
Same way pilots landed with out the gear down (at least in the days before fancy alarms sounded if the plane appeared to be landing, but the gear was not down)?

Then factor in all the accidental weapons discharges ("forgot I re-loaded it, and then forgot never to do "X" with either a loaded or unloaded weapon" type events) involving experienced and normally responsible gun owners
And the same way perfectly normal people will clear a snow blower chute with their hand while it is running or kick under a lawn mower to move something while IT is running, there are times that you are running on autopilot. And sometimes bad things happen because of it.

Old 07-15-2015, 07:05 AM

1,316 posts, read 1,448,052 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Suburban_Guy View Post
And another one...

Baby dies after being left inside SUV by family who unloaded groceries - CBS News

Shall I post that link again whenever these things happen?
A friend always tells me......"the more kids people have, the less intelligent they are".......In this case he's correct.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events