Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-13-2015, 07:25 PM

4,713 posts, read 3,472,599 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by soy sauce View Post
I'm tired of the same old politics with the same career politicians. Something needs to change and trump is an upgrade than what we have now floating around IMO. He's got my vote family and friends. I'm a proud American Mexican immigranted here legally too. Sure he shoots from the hip but what he says resonates a lot truth.

How sad. You need to do some research on Trump.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-13-2015, 07:29 PM

4,713 posts, read 3,472,599 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lucknow View Post
Well, after travelling the lower 48 for 5 years I can only come to one conclusion. It's the Latinos, both legal and illegal who do most of the work in the USA.

Like most things American, something that was done openly for years, something that reeked of exploitation and racism has come back to bite you in the azz. Ya, I well remember all my American cousins and their Latino gardeners, nannies, repairmen, roofers, handymen, etc. etc. Now 50 years later you are in a real pickle. With their high fertility rate, their hard working ethic and their family based culture they are going to bury the Anglocentric WASP culture that has ruled the roost since the founding of the nation. It will not be too long before the USA is majority Latino. I can already hear the wailing , crying and gnashing of teeth.

Of course a xenophobe like Trump the idiot is going to have a following. It really doesn't matter. It was too late 25 years ago already to save the WASPish culture as the dominant ruling class.

Oh, by the way in case anyone misunderstand, I'm as WASP as it comes. Pure 100% northern Scottish by race but pure 100% multicultural by choice.
Finally someone says it! You hit the nail on the head!

Old 07-13-2015, 07:36 PM

14,949 posts, read 12,147,503 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Boris347 View Post
They didn't see this coming, and its cut the legs right out from under them. Trump has taken over the Media and you don't hear anything from the other runners, as if they did not exist. At this rate, doesn't matter if he wins anything or not, the damage has been done to the GOP. They aren't blind and can see what resonates with the people and how important this Immigration thingy is. They thought they could pander to illegals, and it would not be such a big deal t the rest of us, but then along comes Trump and blows that right out of the water.

Which Candidate is now going to bring up an amnesty program, or some easy way for all these Criminal illegal elements to gain citizenship? They will want to, just for the votes, but Trump has made that ground as dangerous to walk on as a land mined field sprayed with poison gas. It would be political suicide, and the GOP knows it. Also as equally deadly for Democrats. Trump has built the emotional "No Mans Land" where the rest of the Politicians want to cross, but now can't, without being stoned by the anti-illegal movement, which is much, much, larger than they had ever imagined.

Politics are funny, and once in a lifetime, we get to see a twist so radical, that it boggles the mind. For years, the two Parties had complete control on this process, by being able to dictate the platforms their Candidates would run on, by controlling the money they needed to make those runs. They bought and paid for the runners, in a sense. Now we see a loose cannon emerge, that has no reigns, has no dependency on either Party, and will not keep his mouth shut on issues the Parties don't want to bring up. They have lost control, and are a frenzy as to what to do about it. They can't pander to the illegals, and they can't pander to Trumps path.

I think I am going to really enjoy this election more than any other I have lived through.
I might too if I were not really worried about the future of our country, seeing it spiral down the drain as we speak.

Old 07-13-2015, 07:46 PM

14,949 posts, read 12,147,503 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JerseyGirl415 View Post
No, some people really don't. Some people (probably these same people) see absolutely nothing wrong with illegal immigration.
Or deporting citizens because they didn't like what the citizens had to say, apparently.

Obviously logic and rational thinking are not among their strong points, LOL.

Old 07-13-2015, 07:49 PM

62,946 posts, read 29,141,740 times
Quote:
Well, after travelling the lower 48 for 5 years I can only come to one conclusion. It's the Latinos, both legal and illegal who do most of the work in the USA.

Like most things American, something that was done openly for years, something that reeked of exploitation and racism has come back to bite you in the azz. Ya, I well remember all my American cousins and their Latino gardeners, nannies, repairmen, roofers, handymen, etc. etc. Now 50 years later you are in a real pickle. With their high fertility rate, their hard working ethic and their family based culture they are going to bury the Anglocentric WASP culture that has ruled the roost since the founding of the nation. It will not be too long before the USA is majority Latino. I can already hear the wailing , crying and gnashing of teeth.

Of course a xenophobe like Trump the idiot is going to have a following. It really doesn't matter. It was too late 25 years ago already to save the WASPish culture as the dominant ruling class.

Oh, by the way in case anyone misunderstand, I'm as WASP as it comes. Pure 100% northern Scottish by race but pure 100% multicultural by choice.
Are you insane? What a racist comment to make! Latinos do most of the work in this country? WTH are you talking about? The ones here illegally deserve no commendation at all. Since they are working and residing here they are violating our immigration laws and have taken a job from an American and that makes you proud? Racism? Who's racist against legal Latinos? The illegal kind we simply object to and rightly so. That's not racism it is about our laws. Yeah, all those jobs you mentioned can and would be done by any citizen not just Latinos. They aren't some kind of superior group as you are implying. Oh right, only Latinos have a family based culture. Just more racism from you. Their high fertility rates will be the downfall of this nation because the majority of them are on welfare. You think we have a shortage of jobs and resources now? Just wait till they breed our country out of existence.

I guess we'd better do away with the Hispanic culture of Mexico also, right? After all, it has been Hispanic far too long right? You bet we will be complaining if our identifying culture is transformed via illegal immigration. What nation in the world wouldn't?

A xenophobic has a fear of strangers. Just who is a stranger to our country? One is xenophobic to object to illegal immigration? Your apparent hatred and racism of white Americans comes shining through. You should be ashamed of yourself, you hypocrite! If you are a white person then you are a self-hating one. The 100% Hispanic nation that you desire is multicultural? LOL! Enough already, welcome to my ignore list!!!!

Old 07-13-2015, 07:53 PM

95 posts, read 140,117 times
Forgive me for not sifting through all 16 + pages but I wanted to comment on this. Folks, there is an insidious force at work that is attacking our constitution. I would not be surprised if you get thrown in jail in the next few years for speaking your mind. I see our society becoming much more immature and childish in all respects NOT more civilized. Whether you want to except it or not over 30% of all illegal immigrants take up beds in correction facilities in the U.S. . This is a STONE COLD fact and if you dont like it I'm sure you can pay a politician to change the stats. However, once the gov starts fudging data the game is over.

Old 07-13-2015, 08:20 PM

7,846 posts, read 6,405,433 times
Donald Trump does indeed have similarity to Hitler in establishing power by choosing a scapegoat. Time will tell how his rise to power goes from here.

Old 07-13-2015, 08:29 PM

10,016 posts, read 12,578,968 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oldglory View Post
Are you insane? What a racist comment to make! Latinos do most of the work in this country? WTH are you talking about? The ones here illegally deserve no commendation at all. Since they are working and residing here they are violating our immigration laws and have taken a job from an American and that makes you proud? Racism? Who's racist against legal Latinos? The illegal kind we simply object to and rightly so. That's not racism it is about our laws. Yeah, all those jobs you mentioned can and would be done by any citizen not just Latinos. They aren't some kind of superior group as you are implying. Oh right, only Latinos have a family based culture. Just more racism from you. Their high fertility rates will be the downfall of this nation because the majority of them are on welfare. You think we have a shortage of jobs and resources now? Just wait till they breed our country out of existence.

I guess we'd better do away with the Hispanic culture of Mexico also, right? After all, it has been Hispanic far too long right? You bet we will be complaining if our identifying culture is transformed via illegal immigration. What nation in the world wouldn't?

A xenophobic has a fear of strangers. Just who is a stranger to our country? One is xenophobic to object to illegal immigration? Your apparent hatred and racism of white Americans comes shining through. You should be ashamed of yourself, you hypocrite! If you are a white person then you are a self-hating one. The 100% Hispanic nation that you desire is multicultural? LOL! Enough already, welcome to my ignore list!!!!
It's just amazing how you could gather that from my post. It makes me LMAO actually. I have nothing against any race of people. I only judge people as individuals not as members of this or that group. My wife and I were long haul truckers travelling back and forth between the USA and Canada for 5 years. No matter where in the USA we went, it seemed that the majority of workers were Latinos. From Washington state to Florida and California to Maine, that is just how it was. WE had a pickup at the top of a freaking mountain in the middle of nowhere about 100 miles from Spokane. Guess what? all the workers were Mexican. That is the way it was all over the country. Sure the native born white American could do these jobs, but guess what? THEY WON'T. We have the same situation here in Canada. I live in a fruit producing region. There are lots of unemployed Canadians living here but we have to get offshore workers to work all the agra jobs because the Canadians WON"T.

AS far as all the illegals coming into the USA.. it's complete BS. There is no political will to stop them and there never has been because they present themselves as an easily exploited source of labour. If our little pipsqueak nation can keep them out then way can't the mighty USA with the world's largest security establishment and military do it? It's just complete mind blowing crap. You know that life for an illegal here in this country is really bad. You can not work legally and any employer caught using illegals might as well commit suicide the consequences are so severe. An illegal can't send his children to school, can't get any kind of healthcare, can't get a drivers permit, can't access any kind of government programmes and basically can't have a life. The USA by comparison has made it very easy for illegals. There is no political will to stop them. The problem was created by Americans not by the illegals. Of course they will come if you let them and let them you have been doing for a long long time. It's only now, when it's gone way beyond the point of no return that we hear the whining crying and xenophobia coming from those who are responsible for creating the freaking problem in the first place.

Old 07-13-2015, 08:30 PM

10,172 posts, read 20,782,217 times
This is the hysteria of the left. Comparing an evil murderous monster to Trump simply because he exercises his right to free speech and tells it like it is. Truth stings, especially after you have been swallowing loads of lies and PC nonsense for the last six years.

Old 07-13-2015, 08:56 PM

5,940 posts, read 3,572,239 times
Quote:

Like most things American, something that was done openly for years, something that reeked of exploitation and racism has come back to bite you in the azz.Of course a xenophobe like Trump the idiot is going to have a following. It really doesn't matter. It was too late 25 years ago already to save the WASPish culture as the dominant ruling class.
Yes, they do a lot of work, and No one I know has a problem with that, if they come here like they are supposed to. I am an immigrant, and worked for my Citizenship. There is no reason they can't since they aren't any better than anyone else.

Its never too late to correct a problem, and if you shut off their jobs, stop all medical and social aid, and give them absolutely no rights at all, most will have to go back where they came from. The rest can be rounded up in time. If they want to come here and work, make them work for it, do the background checks, and give them a permit, which can be tracked. If they want to apply for citizenship, use the system we have in place.

Trump has a following because no one wants Criminals jumping our fences to get here, while others in the system have to wait. Maybe Politicians will wake up and see that the ordinary people who are not trying to exploit their cheap labor, are sick of illegals, who think our Laws do not apply to them. In the end, that's what may come back and bite them by the azz. If it takes land mines and lethal force on the borders, so be it.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events