Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-18-2015, 03:38 PM

15,531 posts, read 10,501,555 times

Advertisements

"And when Ari takes Jazz to buy a swimsuit, she confides she doesn't really like shopping: "I have to look at it a little bit differently because of 'my area.' Also, when I'm swimming I have to make sure I'm wearing skirts or shorts over the bikini bottoms so that no one will see anything."

So, Jazz has and is hiding a penis. That makes Jazz a male. I don't blame Jazz for hating his penis, I blame his parents.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-18-2015, 03:41 PM

3,368 posts, read 2,891,624 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by elan View Post
"And when Ari takes Jazz to buy a swimsuit, she confides she doesn't really like shopping: "I have to look at it a little bit differently because of 'my area.' Also, when I'm swimming I have to make sure I'm wearing skirts or shorts over the bikini bottoms so that no one will see anything."

So, Jazz has and is hiding a penis. That makes Jazz a male. I don't blame Jazz for hating his penis, I blame his parents.
Yes, she still does. Do you want her to have surgery at 4? She will have it, eventually, when she reaches a certain age and finds 30-50K to spend on the operation (not covered by most insurances).

Old 07-18-2015, 06:38 PM

834 posts, read 1,217,855 times
Sexual orientation needs parental guidance. Unnecessary exercises in 'tolerance' of gays, trannies, and such will confuse and disturb children and young teens.

Supporting natural resentment (not violence) towards aberrations always was and still is normal education. This works seamlessly into respectful opposite gender attraction. Our girls don't socialize with gays at school or in private. They ignore any bonding attempts. Our boy always leaves the bath and locker room when openly homosexuals are present. Of course he gets the eye rolls and snide comments--if he would do that to them it's considered bullying and he would get called to the principal.

Point is that to be heterosexual it is utterly normal to be repelled by homosexuality of any kind. No need to be violent but zero need to view it as 'normal'. People don't define themselves by their sexuality. Homosexuals and prostitutes do.

Old 07-19-2015, 05:34 PM

33,942 posts, read 22,527,236 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by KaraBenNemsi View Post
Sexual orientation needs parental guidance. Unnecessary exercises in 'tolerance' of gays, trannies, and such will confuse and disturb children and young teens.

Supporting natural resentment (not violence) towards aberrations always was and still is normal education. This works seamlessly into respectful opposite gender attraction. Our girls don't socialize with gays at school or in private. They ignore any bonding attempts. Our boy always leaves the bath and locker room when openly homosexuals are present. Of course he gets the eye rolls and snide comments--if he would do that to them it's considered bullying and he would get called to the principal.

Point is that to be heterosexual it is utterly normal to be repelled by homosexuality of any kind. No need to be violent but zero need to view it as 'normal'. People don't define themselves by their sexuality. Homosexuals and prostitutes do.
Sounds like you define them by their sexuality. And, newsflash, there a whole lot of people that just don't care what two consenting adults do. IF there hadn't been a huge turnaround in public opinion regarding same sex marriage; it never would have happened.

Humans are humans.

Old 07-19-2015, 09:54 PM

23,654 posts, read 17,511,041 times
Default It's body dismorphia really---

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4-9_rxXFu9I

Old 07-19-2015, 09:54 PM

37,135 posts, read 42,214,810 times
I don't know why anyone thinks it's a good idea to have kids become our "entertainment". Are there any reality tv people who haven't been messed up by this type of celebrity? Or child actors for that matter? It's exploitation and everyone "oohs" and "ahhs" because they tell themselves it's TEACHING TOLERANCE and BRINING AWARENESS to whatever. Nope, it's voyeurism and it's ruining everyone who participates, even the viewers who invest so much of their lives into this stupid stuff. But especially the people who's lives are made so public they will never get a moments peace.

Old 07-20-2015, 01:25 AM

834 posts, read 1,217,855 times
Great post Janelle144. Convincing stuff and not simply based on religious views--just logic and psychiatry.

Old 07-20-2015, 09:58 AM

14,949 posts, read 12,147,503 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BadJuju View Post
So you think a show giving exposure to the life of a trans girl, a very marginalized group of society, is less deserving than a show about a family that supports rapists?
I don't do reality shows, because IMO many of them are just plain dumb at best and exploitive at the worst. So if I never see the Duggars again it will make no difference to me. Although your claim that "they support rapists" is way off base.

I fail to see, though, how exploiting a family's personal issues and struggles for the entertainment and inadvertently perhaps, judgements of viewers, who are strangers to the family, does anything to help the family. And providing such scripted exposure under the guise of a "learning experience", well, IMO it's just sad.

Old 07-20-2015, 09:59 AM

33,942 posts, read 22,527,236 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ceece View Post
I don't know why anyone thinks it's a good idea to have kids become our "entertainment". Are there any reality tv people who haven't been messed up by this type of celebrity? Or child actors for that matter? It's exploitation and everyone "oohs" and "ahhs" because they tell themselves it's TEACHING TOLERANCE and BRINING AWARENESS to whatever. Nope, it's voyeurism and it's ruining everyone who participates, even the viewers who invest so much of their lives into this stupid stuff. But especially the people who's lives are made so public they will never get a moments peace.
I believe in teaching tolerance but not having kids on reality television.

Old 07-20-2015, 10:09 AM

14,949 posts, read 12,147,503 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ringo1 View Post
Sounds like you define them by their sexuality. And, newsflash, there a whole lot of people that just don't care what two consenting adults do. IF there hadn't been a huge turnaround in public opinion regarding same sex marriage; it never would have happened.

Humans are humans.
I'm not so sure that the touted "turnaround in public opinion" regardjng same sex "marriage" is real. IMO, it might well be that they're counting the silence of those who do not approve but have been bullied or threatened into saying nothing , or who don't want to be considered non-PC as acquiesence. I would consider voting results when the question has been placed on the ballot (consider CA's proposition 8 amendment as evidence of that).
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events