Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-24-2015, 08:10 AM

2,362 posts, read 1,922,283 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by brrabbit View Post
How well is your penis functioning to poke your nose?
um...what??
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-24-2015, 08:24 AM

3,368 posts, read 2,886,587 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lucky2balive View Post
um...what??
You want to know about Jazz's private parts, but is it really your business? Many transsexuals aren't performing SRS for variety of reasons. One of them would be age limitations, another - financial limitations.
Whether Jazz performed a certain surgery or not as of now, is not relevant really.

Old 07-24-2015, 08:49 AM

546 posts, read 408,340 times
I think if we as a society were more accepting of people whose behavior doesn't fit gender stereotypes, there would be fewer children believing they are transgender. If Johnny wore a dress to school without ridicule or bullying, he'd probably feel less pressure to become Jane.

I'm fine with the idea of people who have grown up and want to go through the process to change their sex. It's their life, their body, their decision.

I am however a little uncomfortable with the idea of interfering with the puberty process because a child believes they are in the wrong body. I think it's possible that once that once their body has matured and (not to be too graphic) they have experienced sexual pleasure with the parts they were born with, they may be more content with the parts they were born with. Yes, it makes the conversion process more difficult in the end, but I think there would be fewer who would feel it is necessary.

But I think we all need to be more aware of what we may be teaching our children with regard to gender stereotypes, and making sure they are accepting of people who don't behave as a typical boy/girl. Bullying for any reason isn't cool.

Old 07-24-2015, 09:03 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jamies View Post
Why don't all you hateful bigotted uninformed or ignorant people just SHUT UP and go get a life!

Citi-data, I'm sick of these constant attacks on gays and transgender people on this site. It is constant and unrelenting and serves no purpose.
Do you know how to read?
And if you do, how is your comprehension?? Might want to work on that...

Very Very few are attacking transgender peeps...hell, what little I watched of the commercials this Jazz seems like a genuinely lovable and sweet person...I sincerely HOPE she is happy

I am attacking tv and the greedy exploiters who only care about her or bruce jenner in as much as they can profit from them

I sincerely hope ALL transgenders find happiness and their place in society, without hate or prejudice...to live a normal happy life as whatever gender they want...I also sincerely hope reality tv stops exploiting these people...

I hate loathe despise tv at its lowest common denominator, reality tv...I don't hate people trying to find happiness who aren't hurting others...

Old 07-24-2015, 09:11 AM

3,368 posts, read 2,886,587 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lucky2balive View Post
I am attacking tv and the greedy exploiters who only care about her or bruce jenner in as much as they can profit from them
I don't think TV filmed Jazz (or Caytlin) without their permission...
And as Saul Alinsky said, bad publicity is better than none.

I think that the more publicity this problem gets, the more open and accepting society we would become. And maybe we would get to the kind of acceptance HuskyMama suggested in post #153

Old 07-24-2015, 10:26 AM

Quote:
I don't think TV filmed Jazz (or Caytlin) without their permission...
And as Saul Alinsky said, bad publicity is better than none.

I think that the more publicity this problem gets, the more open and accepting society we would become. And maybe we would get to the kind of acceptance HuskyMama suggested in post #153
This isn't even on the top 100 list of why TV is promoting this....they don't care about acceptance, hell I would bet they don't want it...acceptance = NO ratings...

yes bruce and jazz had to give permission...and I sincerely think Jazz Is doing it for the right reasons (I feel totally different about Bruce, he is in it for the $$$ in my opinion) but tv does NOT have HER best interest at heart

Old 07-24-2015, 11:54 PM

23,654 posts, read 17,501,648 times
One is a child one is an adult. Big difference.

Old 07-28-2015, 04:24 PM

22,653 posts, read 24,575,170 times
Quote:
Yeah, she forgot to ask you for guidance. And she got the help she needed from her family and professionals.

YEAH, I am SURE some red-diaper shrink offered this young man a lot of warped guidance, FAIL.

Old 07-29-2015, 07:40 AM

9,847 posts, read 25,235,134 times
I think it's positive for other teens going through same thing to see someone like themselves and maybe find some empathy. That being said I can't imagine it's healthy for Jazz to be going through her teen years as a transgender and have that played out on national cable tv. Her parents are pretty irresponsible if you ask me.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events