Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-14-2015, 02:11 PM

9,775 posts, read 15,775,291 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr_Geek View Post
I have a two year old son that watches his mom put on makeup. He grabs it sometimes and puts it on his face and says "Painting face". Perhaps I should just put a dress on him now since I know he likes to do girly things.

IMO, this lady wanted a daughter and now has one. Oh and she wanted money and fame.
For the record, do you realize that the mom already has a daughter, 19-year old, Ari?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-14-2015, 02:12 PM

981 posts, read 1,620,053 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gentlearts View Post
Badjuju, thanks for weighing in on this. What do you think of the latest view that perhaps feeling you are the wrong gender is a mental issue that might be able to be helped a different way? Is it possible?
I would have preferred that you not have to struggle. Before you transitioned, did you receive psychiatric evaluation?
See the post below yours.

I only briefly went to a therapist because I despise gatekeeping. I went through informed consent to receive my hormonal therapy. I struggled for years before finally embracing that side of me. Had I felt like I had access to care before reaching the utter breaking point, I would be in a much better place now

Old 07-14-2015, 02:13 PM

17,156 posts, read 12,949,556 times
Reading numerous articles and an interview with Jazz, I'm also detecting external pressure from the mother to adopt the female role. I'm not buying that it was entirely Jazz' decision. If becoming a woman is how Jazz truly feels he should be, he should do that, but I certainly hope he will not adopt the female gender because his mother wants him to, even if just a little. I hope it is entirely Jazz' decision.

Old 07-14-2015, 02:29 PM

30,992 posts, read 22,039,678 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lucky2balive View Post
ugh
just ugh
Yeah, sounds like child abuse even from his/hers mothers description.

"Jazz started hormone blockers about three years ago to ward off male puberty, and two years ago began estrogen treatments. It's a delicate drug regimen that, in the first episode, Jeanette acknowledges is "experimental stuff. I am messing with my kid's body.""

Old 07-14-2015, 02:44 PM

981 posts, read 1,620,053 times
It really isn't all that experimental. The process is very carefully controlled. And the medications typically used are widely tested and their effects are extensively known. All they are doing is matching the hormonal profile of the gender identified. I take estradiol and spironolactone to achieve my HRT. Both are commonly administered to people, even non-trans, for their various effects.

Old 07-14-2015, 02:47 PM

241 posts, read 221,356 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hollynla View Post
No, actually "she" is not real. At the end of the day, it's a boy dressed up like a girl. Seeing all the news of families with so-called transgender children (even as young as age 4 that I read about yesterday) makes me fear for the next generation.
It's ok, your son probably dresses up in your skirts and uses your make-up when your not home. He won't come out as transgender until he's 65 and your dead like Caitlyn Jenner. Goodluck! I fear for anyone who maybe be gay or trans and is cursed with a parent that thinks like you.

Old 07-14-2015, 02:49 PM

241 posts, read 221,356 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BadJuju View Post
What makes me fear for the next generation are narrow-minded bigots.
YASSSSSSSSSS! lol

Old 07-14-2015, 02:52 PM

6,617 posts, read 6,536,651 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lucky2balive View Post
ugh
just ugh
Why ugh? Is he/she hurting you? If he/she is more comfortable looking and acting like a woman, is it ANY of your business to criticize? I'll bet you're homophobic also? Suck it up. Things are changing and people are able to be more comfortable with themselves. That's a GOOD thing IMO.

Old 07-14-2015, 02:59 PM

12,713 posts, read 15,518,461 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by michgc View Post
For the record, do you realize that the mom already has a daughter, 19-year old, Ari?
For the record, yes. For the record, I'd like to add the word "Another" to my reply. It is obvious this mom was pushing this child towards being a female.

Old 07-14-2015, 03:20 PM

2,830 posts, read 2,647,965 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by IAMDWRECK View Post
It's ok, your son probably dresses up in your skirts and uses your make-up when your not home. He won't come out as transgender until he's 65 and your dead like Caitlyn Jenner. Goodluck! I fear for anyone who maybe be gay or trans and is cursed with a parent that thinks like you.
Personally attacking posters, now if there is anyway to convince people about trangenders......... well you're not it.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events