Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-14-2015, 11:09 AM

4,918 posts, read 6,464,617 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Railman96 View Post
They should celebrate their accomplishment in Chicago.
In the Englwood section of Chicago lol
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-14-2015, 11:13 AM

18,158 posts, read 15,618,691 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by IAMDWRECK View Post
Yep, that TOTALLY makes sense.

The government banning the confederate flag on government property, a flag which was used and exploited during the civil rights era by hate groups, race-mongers, racists and separatist to instill fear and promote white pride is a great justification for people who probably weren't racist before to join hate groups.

Yep, the government banning them to use historically divisive and hate-filled symbols is driving tons of perfectly non -racist or prejudice individuals to join the Klan!

DELUSIONAL
Respectfully, your missing something. Its not just pulling down the battle flag on government establishments that getting folks worked up. Its the expansion into private and individual areas. Like that video that went viral, of that clown scraping the flag off the back of the semi, wildly cheered vandalism of private property. Anyone who dares haul up , so called, controversial symbols, is now a target for mob justice.

This is going WAY beyond striking symbols from government property. Its encouraging people to attack anyone , anywhere, who dares display a battle flag, or other Confederate symbology, regardless of their reason for doing so. It won't be surprising , to soon be bearing about people marching onto someone's property and destroying things, because the owner has a flag flying. The potential for some serious incidents is more than ripe, here.

That truck driver could just as easily caught that guy messing up his rig, and took a tire tool to him. Justifiably, from many peoples take. Walking onto someone's land, with such intent in mind, could easily end up in lethal force coming into play. Points to ponder. Just sayin'....

Old 07-14-2015, 11:13 AM

981 posts, read 1,620,369 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by UKWildcat1981 View Post
In the Englwood section of Chicago lol
There's nothing remotely amusing about the deaths in Chicago. And I hope this resurgence of the KKK is met with fierce resistance. Enough that they will be quashed entirely this time. Hatemongers have no place in this world.

Old 07-14-2015, 11:14 AM

379 posts, read 359,141 times
I think some people have never seen Blues Brothers.

Old 07-14-2015, 11:15 AM

241 posts, read 221,388 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by njkate View Post
No you are delusional if you don't see this as a knee jerk reaction for politicians and corporations to thrust themselves in the limelight on the heels of a tragedy. Which then evolved into going so far as to want to dig up dead confederate generals.

So now we have a back lash, a resurgence in KKK numbers. Closet racists are now coming front and center...
You're ill-informed politicians have been trying to remove the confederate flag from South Carolina, Mississippi, and successfully Georgia since the late 1990's (A flag that wasn't introduced into many of the states Capitol, and other government buildings until the 1950's during the civil rights era).

They have never garnered enough support in these conservative states until now! They aren't using this tragedy to promote anything, this tragedy has brought to light evermore so that many people still cling to old, divisive ways and historically hate-filled symbols.

Old 07-14-2015, 11:16 AM

4,918 posts, read 6,464,617 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BadJuju View Post
There's nothing remotely amusing about the deaths in Chicago. And I hope this resurgence of the KKK is met with fierce resistance. Enough that they will be quashed entirely this time. Hatemongers have no place in this world.
Jessie Jackson and Al Shaprton are hate mongers too.

Old 07-14-2015, 11:17 AM

4,320 posts, read 5,135,608 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by no1brownsfan View Post
When there are excessive witch hunts by progressives who seek to ban everything and anything due to getting their panties in a wad, sometimes there is fallout and in it turn has the opposite effect. I support corporations rights to sell whatever they want, but let's face it the mob mentality is what caused their knee jerk reactions to pull the Confederate Flag off of their shelves, and not only that opened up the can of worms that is the KKK, who were getting to the point of irrelevancy. Not to mention the removing of monuments, or digging up dead Confederate generals which despite the fact that they were the opposition to the union, are still American citizens and were considered as such with reunification, and deserve their place in history just as much as those on the Union side.
Excessive witch hunts by progressives? As reported by Fox news? Again BS, we saw more outrage from moderate Southern whites and various big corporations than these progressives you point an odd finger at. Functionally, its more of one big team out there than you realize (clearly, maybe you don't work). The big team leans moderate and fair. Don't limit yourself listening to small minority outliers.

Old 07-14-2015, 11:23 AM

13,401 posts, read 28,717,395 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by IAMDWRECK View Post
You're ill-informed politicians have been trying to remove the confederate flag from South Carolina, Mississippi, and successfully Georgia since the late 1990's (A flag that wasn't introduced into many of the states Capitol, and other government buildings until the 1950's during the civil rights era).

They have never garnered enough support in these conservative states until now! They aren't using this tragedy to promote anything, this tragedy has brought to light evermore so that many people still cling to old, divisive ways and historically hate-filled symbols.
Very quietly and out of the limelight they have tried to remove. I am with you where that flag does not belong on government property, but now some like the Mayor of New Orleans wants to take it a step further and remove General Lee's statue, that really has people riled up. Especially when he can't get a handle on crime in that city.

You can remove flags, statues and dig up dead confederates, it is still not going to remove hatred from the hearts of the haters. The KKK is using this in the same way as the politicians etc...only to further their agenda and recruitment.

Old 07-14-2015, 11:27 AM

3,515 posts, read 3,685,057 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BadJuju View Post

I find when people make comments like this, they often are referring to hate-mongers that they are ideologically opposed to, the ones who agree with them philosophically are A-okay.

The reality is that humans have always found way to divide themselves, to instigate fear and violence, to manipulate others for their personal gain. I don't see anything ever changing that, the only thing that changes is specific ideologies and motivations, but it has always been the same and will always be the same unless there is some specific alteration to basic human nature.

Old 07-14-2015, 11:28 AM

24,461 posts, read 17,203,514 times
I think the KKK is a sorry excuse for a club.

The other night I was talking with a guy that is a borderline angry racist. He sees how crazy the country is getting and blames african americans for a good deal of it. In a way he did have a point but I didn't agree with most of what he was saying. He was bad in his comments but he is no where near putting on a sheet and joining the KKK.

I couldn't imagine that kind of hatred against someone just because of their skin.
This morning going by a yard where a landscape crew was working to clean up there were 4 guys and one happened to be black. I saw a first just another worker then I thought about how some people would single him out and hate him just because he was black like the KKK would.

It is really stupid when you think about it. With the current attack going on in America I can see how some people would think the black man is to blame but joining the KKK is pretty extreme and stupid.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events