Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-19-2015, 02:24 PM

24,873 posts, read 36,171,415 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by theoldnorthstate View Post
Most women I know who have had abortions regretted it, some felt guilty, all saw it as their last resort from whatever the situation.

I guess women who look at it as birth control not last resort wouldn't regret it.

once again depends upon the survey and sample size
That's not the only reason someone wouldn't regret it. A good friend of mine had one. She was in her early 20's and had a steady BF of several years. Afterward, they ended up going to different colleges and breaking up. She's now happily married to the right guy and has 2 kids. How large is your sample size?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-19-2015, 02:35 PM

18,528 posts, read 18,752,718 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hunterseat View Post
Well, it is a human life. I think this view point would cause uproar if someone drowned puppies.

It's called social engineering. We are fed a diet that is chosen to alter our viewpoints and opinions. We are sheep. Not so long ago the majority of Americans opposed abortion. Desensitizing is a bad thing. HOWEVER you may rethink the "not that deep" when you see young people committing murder. After all, killing one's own baby isn't wrong....right? Why is one life okay to kill and other's not?

There are studies that prove abortion is linked to breast cancer. If you read about those, it makes sense.

Also, a lot of people defend abortion because they've had one or they have a close friend/family member that's had one and they block the consideration that a life has been taken. They chose to defend blindly but a lot of times the woman/girl who had the abortion was also a victim.

Just because it's legal does NOT make it right.

(my opinions only)
No your wrong... I defend it because Ive seen women who were treated badly in different ways have to go through unwanted pregnancies with no options... when abortions werent allowed , women with no hope. no money.. and were thrown out by families who couldnt take the shame.. Some young women were put in asylums or homes where they were treated badly..if they got pregnant and were unmarried.. some were shunned completely even by the church.. so no I dont defend blindly, women have been treated terribly by churches over centuries no matter how they got pregnant, while men could walk away..Its easy now for some to shout that care should have been taken with contraception... before the 1960s there wasnt much in the way of contraception for girls..

Old 07-19-2015, 03:36 PM

17,273 posts, read 9,560,145 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mack Knife View Post
Watch the faces of women leaving an abortion clinic or place where abortions are performed.

How many of them are smiling when they exit the door?
Oh I know I had a smile. Best decision I've ever made.

Old 07-19-2015, 05:29 PM

57 posts, read 59,961 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by burgler09 View Post
Yeah, I am.

There's a difference between having sex with someone and killing a life.

I'd be a man enough to either raise the kid, or put it up for adoption. I wouldn't take away a life and then lie to myself about how it was somehow a noble decision.

People like you preach and advocate for the fetus of someone you dont know a thing about and then completely forget about it after its born. Hypocrites.

Old 07-19-2015, 05:39 PM

1,608 posts, read 1,485,216 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GotHereQuickAsICould View Post
Lord, save me from the self-righteous.

We are perfectly fine with killing human beings.

You don't see groups marching up and down with signs protesting either of the wars are are currently involved in. Though the reasons we are over there in the first place, let alone now, remains a mystery. Nonetheless, we soldier on, and the killings continue.

Folks who should know better are advocating we scuttle the deal with Iran and bomb the hell out of them. Few seem aghast at the thought of another war in the Mideast.

Some are advocating that we get into it with ISIS.

Drones? No problem.

Manufacturing and selling weapons all over the world? No problem.

People get killed every day in our own country with guns that we don't do a thing about.

People die every day because they don't have medical coverage/care. Is there a groundswell of support for seeing that everyone has medical coverage?

I could go on, but you get the drift. We are fine with killing people. The "innocent" are a "casualty of war," or byproduct of our "right to bear arms," or their own darn fault for not having a job with insurance.

So spare me the moral outrage about abortion.

Just to be clear; some of us are against murder however it takes place. To me, a life is a life, whether that person is still in utero or on a battlefield somewhere.

Murdering the unborn is particularly heinous, as the baby isn't carrying a weapon and is depending on its mother to care for it.

I don't take an animal's life without offering a prayer and believe that hunting for pleasure rather than need is also evil.

All life is sacred and should be respected as such.

YMMV.

Mahrie.

Old 07-19-2015, 05:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dizzybint View Post
No your wrong... I defend it because Ive seen women who were treated badly in different ways have to go through unwanted pregnancies with no options... when abortions werent allowed , women with no hope. no money.. and were thrown out by families who couldnt take the shame.. Some young women were put in asylums or homes where they were treated badly..if they got pregnant and were unmarried.. some were shunned completely even by the church.. so no I dont defend blindly, women have been treated terribly by churches over centuries no matter how they got pregnant, while men could walk away..Its easy now for some to shout that care should have been taken with contraception... before the 1960s there wasnt much in the way of contraception for girls..

There has always been adequate contraception: Keep your legs shut! It's 100% effective.

Mahrie.

Old 07-19-2015, 05:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrooklynBitch View Post
There's nothing wrong with casual sex and "premarital sex".

Are you seriously suggesting people who have casual sex should be punished by death? You're psychotic. Anyway um yeah if people don't want babies they have the right to have an abortion. Nobody should be forced to have a baby if they don't want to.

No, I'm not psychotic; I'm quoting the Word of God. Fornication and adultery were punishable by death for thousands of years.

Nobody is forced to have a baby. If you don't want a baby, either don't have sex, or use a reliable method of birth control.

The Christian viewpoint - God's Law - is that unmarried people have no business having sex - period.

Shalom,

Mahrie.

Old 07-19-2015, 05:55 PM

18,381 posts, read 19,020,549 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mahrie View Post
No, I'm not psychotic; I'm quoting the Word of God. Fornication and adultery were punishable by death for thousands of years.

Nobody is forced to have a baby. If you don't want a baby, either don't have sex, or use a reliable method of birth control.

The Christian viewpoint - God's Law - is that unmarried people have no business having sex - period.

Shalom,

Mahrie.
millions of people disagree with you. to each his own.

Old 07-19-2015, 05:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ConeyGirl52 View Post
To some people there is something wrong with pre-marital sex. To some people there is something wrong with abortion. These are cultural things, and should be respected.

Im sure many women who feel abortion is wrong find themselves in a position of needing and having one anyway.

There is a difference in feeling bad or sad you did something, and regreting having done it.

If its the right choice or feels like the only choice at the time, although it may make you feel bad, sad, etc. there is no reason to regret it.

I think its normal for any mother to have second thoughts about doing that to a life she helped create, and is growing inside her. Its normal to feel attached to that life in a way no other - not even the father - can at that moment.

I think its terribly sad we live in a society where she is put in a position of needing to make that choice - but she is the only one that has to live with it, and if it benefited her and her family - who is to judge?

Even Jesus said, "Let he who is without sin cast the first stone." None of us are without sin.

Jesus was talking about judging others (judgment belongs to God), not debating the merits of murder (or any other sin). Good grief, woman; if you can't quote the Bible in context then please don't bother. The next sentence Jesus said was, 'Go your way and sin no more.'

Shalom,

Mahrie.

Old 07-19-2015, 06:05 PM

18,381 posts, read 19,020,549 times
[quote=Mahrie;40477165]Jesus was talking about judging others (judgment belongs to God), not debating the merits of murder (or any other sin). Good grief, woman; if you can't quote the Bible in context then please don't bother. The next sentence Jesus said was, 'Go your way and sin no more.'

Shalom,

Mahrie.[/quote

talk about judgmental the bible and how people quote it or paraphrase it is up to them. who are you to tell people not to quote or paraphrase the bible. take it to the religious folder. this thread is about if women regret or not having an abortion. most do not.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events