Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-20-2015, 12:39 AM

18,499 posts, read 18,638,296 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mahrie View Post
There has always been adequate contraception: Keep your legs shut! It's 100% effective.

Mahrie.
tell that to a man mahrie...people are human beings with emotions and feelings, you deserve a halo..you see life so easy, many dont.. Put yourself in some of these womens shoes, just for one minute.. http://www.independent.co.uk/news/uk...d-7782370.html
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-20-2015, 05:27 AM

1,615 posts, read 1,634,862 times
Some have immediate grief after going through the experience then return to normal or so it appears. Years go by and problems may surface in other ways. Those who find that was the only child they could have, have new stuff to deal with. In some form or another although briefly people do suffer the loss and if they dont they probably arent from this planet.

Old 07-20-2015, 07:03 AM

5,658 posts, read 6,259,731 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by newdixiegirl View Post
You're "pro-abortion." How very considerate of you, considering that you're not the one who becomes pregnant...
I further explained what I think later in the thread.
Quote:
...and you're not the one who has to endure the procedure.
Which is why early detection is so important, and early and often sex education is so important, and ready availability of birth control for both genders is so important.
Quote:
And how convenient for your gf that this alternate form of birth control enabled her to "clear her body of an unwanted parasite." All because she was an irresponsible adult. Twice.
Well, yah. It is convenient! A lot more convenient than being saddled with a totally unwanted, tiny, needy roommate for decades to come. She aborted very quickly after detection each time. She's had a LOT of sex with a LOT of people in her life. Frankly two pregnancies she had to electively abort in hundreds of partners and thousands of encounters is pretty good. Frankly an unwanted beginning fetus is a prasite. Frankly your "s|ut-shaming" attempt is tiresome. You're an odd feminist.

I've never gotten anyone pregnant. We used the morning-after pill twice, which really is an alternate form of birth control because it prevents implantation (i.e. the parasite doesn't even have a chance to take root -- much like any birth control). And I now have a successful vasectomy under my belt.
Quote:
How anyone can call themselves that (proudly) is beyond me.
So hopefully you read further on my position in the thread -- not much more I can add. I see nothing wrong with abortion and I think it needs to be readily available and demystified and destigmatized. And religion needs to shut up and sit down and stop trying to force itself down everyone's esophagus.
Quote:
AND who's the "we" who you believe "should be paying for abortions whenever and wherever possible"? Taxpayers? You want other people, including those of us who have always taken precautions to NOT conceive children we're not ready for, to pay for YOUR carelessness? YOUR selfishness? YOUR poor judgement?
That is EXACTLY what I am saying (this should be evident). State or Federal, abortion should be funded. You realize taxpayers pay for a LOT of "carelessness" and "selfishness" when babies get squirted out that the parents have no hope of paying for?

What I'd even more like to see is my idea of mandatory, reversible sterility (although the technology doesn't exist yet). If a couple of contractually bonded adults can prove financial ability, stability, know-how, and desire, they can be granted a temporary reversal and licensed to bear offspring. No abortions, no unwanted pregnancies, no pregnancies to a parent or parents who have no ability to pay for the upbringing.

Old 07-20-2015, 07:28 AM

8,924 posts, read 5,599,981 times
Who are we to judge and make people feel guilty about a decision they felt was right for them? Nobody knows what these women feel. This is their decision. Unless all you people who clammer about being Pro Life step up and support these children you seem to want these women to have, maybe you should let people make their own decisions. Oh wait, the right wing doesn't want you to have a freedom of choice....

Old 07-20-2015, 07:46 AM

1,683 posts, read 805,676 times
I had a whole bunch of them. Just to upset conservative religious right-wingers.

Old 07-20-2015, 08:24 AM

42,732 posts, read 29,799,023 times
Quote:

I didn't tell anyone not to quote the Bible; I merely took issue with someone misquoting Jesus.

Obviously, the expression of one's faith, or lack thereof, will strongly prejudice how they feel about anything - including abortion.

Hope this clears up my position on the subject.

I don't judge women who've had an abortion; that's not my place. One of my own daughters has had two abortions (she's now a doting mother of a ten-week-old baby boy). I adore my daughter. I cannot condone what she chose to do, particularly since her father and I said that that we'd take and bring up both babies. She made her choice(s), however, and that's her business. I may not agree with her choices, but I still love my daughter. And yes, she regrets her actions now. In fact, they haunt her.

Shalom,

Mahrie.
Can't help but wonder if your attitude makes it harder for your daughter.

Old 07-20-2015, 08:35 AM

11,186 posts, read 6,484,803 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tominftl View Post

Oh wait, the right wing doesn't want you to have a freedom of choice....
The left wing wants women to have choice ... up to a point in a pregnancy.

Old 07-20-2015, 08:53 AM

1,608 posts, read 1,479,426 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2sleepy View Post
There is no specific prohibition in the bible against pre-marital sex and I challenge you to find one. And even if the bible banned it, it would mean nothing to me- I'm not a Christian.
Then I won't bother quoting the Bible for you, as it would be an exercise in futility.

Mahrie.

Old 07-20-2015, 09:03 AM

1,608 posts, read 1,479,426 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DC at the Ridge View Post
Can't help but wonder if your attitude makes it harder for your daughter.
This particular daughter of ours has never been swayed by anyone else's beliefs - mine included - and we have a great relationship, so I doubt that I make life harder for her; in fact, I know I don't. She couldn't be happier at the moment, with the safe arrival of her new baby. She tried for fifteen years to become pregnant after those two abortions, so she's in mommy heaven right now. She's pretty happy with her life now that she's more mature. I don't think any of us go though life with no regrets, and aborting her two babies happen to be two of hers.

Shalom,

Mahrie.

Old 07-20-2015, 09:23 AM

42,732 posts, read 29,799,023 times
Quote:
This particular daughter of ours has never been swayed by anyone else's beliefs - mine included - and we have a great relationship, so I doubt that I make life harder for her; in fact, I know I don't. She couldn't be happier at the moment, with the safe arrival of her new baby. She tried for fifteen years to become pregnant after those two abortions, so she's in mommy heaven right now. She's pretty happy with her life now that she's more mature. I don't think any of us go though life with no regrets, and aborting her two babies happen to be two of hers.

Shalom,

Mahrie.
My mother would probably say the same things about me that you say about your daughter. But she doesn't know how unhappy she sometimes makes me. She doesn't realize when she says hurtful things, and that while I may appear to shrug off her criticisms, that they don't just go away.

Congratulations to your daughter on the birth of her new child, and congratulations to you on your grandbaby.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events