Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-24-2015, 04:04 PM

42,838 posts, read 26,231,005 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by RememberMee View Post
Did she have abortions?
no she didn't, her husband had a vasectomy and as far as I know neither had a sexual relationship outside of their marriage which lasted over 60 years.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-24-2015, 04:05 PM

3,038 posts, read 2,411,058 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DC at the Ridge View Post
This is an unfounded assertion that all human beings are base animals subject to their biological urges without resort to reason or self-control.

Women aren't all sluts.

Women who use birth control aren't sluts.

Women who get abortions aren't sluts.

And men aren't single-mindedly seeking to get laid with or without developing a relationship.
And those things you describe are social traits not evolutionary ones.

Do you have a citation to back your argument? I provided you one.

Old 07-24-2015, 04:24 PM

6,326 posts, read 6,584,840 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nepenthe View Post
Ohhhkay...

So, I guess that means it should be available. How will you enforce the "tough moral decision" piece of it? With some of the various roadblocks Texas (among other states) is working on to make it difficult and marginalized?

Do you think the Morning After Pill should be easily accessible from the Walgreen's a block away? Or would that easy accessibility contribute to promiscuity to too great a degree? It can help remove the risk of unwanted pregnancy, which can give lots of sexual freedom -- a bad thing?
I clearly wrote "no humiliating process" that means no state mandated hurdles etc., you want it, you pay for it, you get it. You dont expect us to admit that abortion and defecation are equivalent, you dont expect us to celebrate your fornication freedoms. Just you, whatever conscience you have and that fetus you intend on killing. Please spare use from your demands to inject more orwell in our lives so you would be more comfortable killing that fetus.

As for an abortion pill, believe it or not, I dont know how it works, if it kills a fertilized egg, it should not be available as candy, especially for minors. It is not about controlling your promiscuity, what man, other than your father, would want that? It is all about that fetus. You want promiscuity, then dont cry that men use you as a wipe and avoid relationships. You cannot have it all. Life is cruel in that regard. You dont have to want a relationship is promiscuity suits your needs, but this incessant woman' complaining about "no real men" wanting to have a relationship is getting ridiculous. What did you all expect, really?

Old 07-24-2015, 04:50 PM

5,658 posts, read 6,272,332 times
Quote:
I clearly wrote "no humiliating process" that means no state mandated hurdles etc.
Okay good, so we agree that these attempts to marginalize abortion clinics and put up roadblocks are a dumb idea.
Quote:
As for an abortion pill, believe it or not, I dont know how it works...
It's not an abortion pill. There are abortion pills, but they must be obtained from an abortion clinic. The Morning After Pill prevents implantation if taken within 72 hours (or up to 120 hours) of ejaculation. It is not an abortion, it is emergency birth control. It prevents the egg and sperm from meeting. Morning After Pill
Quote:
...if it kills a fertilized egg, it should not be available as candy, especially for minors.
There are no age restrictions as of some time in 2014. A twelve-year old girl can buy it if she can pull together the $40+tax.
Attached Thumbnails
Most Women who have abortions don't regret doing so.-emergcont.jpg  

Old 07-24-2015, 05:28 PM

28,226 posts, read 36,852,900 times
If a woman wants to have an abortion, she likely has a very good reason to. Better to have an abortion than to have a mom who does not or cannot care for you.

Old 07-24-2015, 05:51 PM

13,586 posts, read 13,107,355 times
The thing that amazes me is that the people who complain about birth control, sex ed, and abortion, are the exact same people that complain about welfare, food stamps, and ghetto crime.

Let me tell you a lil sumpthin' "abstinence only" crowd. It doesn't work, and Bristol Palin who is on her second unplanned pregnancy would be on public assistance if not for the fact that she made big bucks advocating abstinence.

The anti-birth control people remind me of the anti-gun nuts.

Good luck with both of those agendas, idiots.

Old 07-24-2015, 05:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jade408 View Post
If a woman wants to have an abortion, she likely has a very good reason to. Better to have an abortion than to have a mom who does not or cannot care for you.
I dont see many improperly cared for adults choosing suicide not to experience forever afflicted life that their improper, yet not feticidal, mothers gave them. I think those adults give us a good idea what a fetus wants.

Old 07-24-2015, 05:56 PM

13,586 posts, read 13,107,355 times
Quote:
I dont see many improperly cared for adults choosing suicide not to experience forever afflicted life that their improper, yet not feticidal, mothers gave them. I think those adults give us a good idea what a fetus wants.
Apparently you haven't spent much time in prison.

Old 07-24-2015, 06:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by NLVgal View Post
The thing that amazes me is that the people who complain about birth control, sex ed, and abortion, are the exact same people that complain about welfare, food stamps, and ghetto crime.

Let me tell you a lil sumpthin' "abstinence only" crowd. It doesn't work, and Bristol Palin who is on her second unplanned pregnancy would be on public assistance if not for the fact that she made big bucks advocating abstinence.

The anti-birth control people remind me of the anti-gun nuts.

Good luck with both of those agendas, idiots.
It worked amazingly well for tens of thousand years preceeding agriculture. Primitive people managed their fertility really well because the wage of untimely breeding would be severe if not deadly. It doesnt work today because there is no life threatening negative feedback. And providing all the amenities to assure worry free sexual diversions for the needy have little to do with decreasing fertility all around the world. It is just that the folks have better things to occupy themselves with, they somehow manage to control their procreation as ignorant, uneducated and condomless those folks might be.

Old 07-24-2015, 06:05 PM

28,226 posts, read 36,852,900 times
Quote:
Are you prepared to support the unwanted kids when they are born? What is your address?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events