Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-24-2015, 09:20 PM

3,639 posts, read 3,340,370 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by RememberMee View Post
I told you what she does, she has all the sex she wants. Bushman way of life/nursing produce hormones you dont have, as Harvard researchers speculate those hormones allow bush women to get pregnant every 4 years without abortions and abstinence in between. Yet, you percist in imposing your reproduction experience and cutting edge women studies on bush women.
Dude, what are you even going on about and why does it even pertain to the topic? The Bushman have nothing to do with this conversation nor should they have any bearing on a woman's choice to abort if they so choose.

Get your head out of women's uterus -- they don't want you there.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-24-2015, 09:33 PM

5,658 posts, read 6,277,759 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Annie53 View Post
Men love being freed of condom use when their lady is on birth control pills yet I doubt most men would take male BC pills if they were available........they would whine about the health risks instead.
I wouldn't whine. I'd take them. I gladly went and had a vasectomy rather than have my girlfriend go on hormone-based pills or get an IUD.

It's funny though. Our sex life is so much more than me ejaculating inside her vagina.

Old 07-24-2015, 09:49 PM

6,326 posts, read 6,590,988 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by wolf39us View Post
Dude, what are you even going on about and why does it even pertain to the topic? The Bushman have nothing to do with this conversation nor should they have any bearing on a woman's choice to abort if they so choose.

Get your head out of women's uterus -- they don't want you there.
A women studies major I replied to claimed that abortions are primeval thing, an organic part of being a human female, that and infanticide. Neither claim is true, but it is very soothing. If abortions are just a natural part of being a human female, then the concept of regret doesnt apply. Regret over an abortion is the topic. Remember?

Women and men who service them would make it all much more clearcut by bying their own protection and abortions. It is affordable, it removes all those grey areas, it liberates woman' uterus to do all those amazing things independently of big bad government dispensing pills and/or forcing others to maintain that uterus of hers.

Old 07-25-2015, 12:38 AM

1,397 posts, read 1,619,652 times
The unfortunate reality is abortion is good for a healthy nation. It reduces crime, welfare, unhappy people....

If I ever got pregnant by accident I would not hesitate to have an abortion. Funny how it's usually men who object to it anyway. Who was the comedian who said something like "if men could get pregnant, there would be an abortion clinic on every street corner"? Spot on.

Old 07-25-2015, 01:01 AM

5,151 posts, read 4,529,245 times
I'm old enough to remember life before Roe v. Wade. I hope this country does not become so backward that women are forced to return to that.

Old 07-25-2015, 01:09 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JC84 View Post
The unfortunate reality is abortion is good for a healthy nation. It reduces crime, welfare, unhappy people....
How? The wealth distribution pyramid pointing to ever increasing concentration of wealth, plummeting happiness indexes , general sense of deep misery and anxiety in the air correlate with legalization of abortions. A temporary crime rate decrease has complex causes. Humans are not mechanical creatures. No strings attached abortions remind the people that there is nothing sacred, or secure in their environment, everybody is a disposable to be eleminated at the first inconvenience, thus you must watch your back and trust no one. Abortion acceptance if not celebration adds to all those subtle feelings that something is not right, something big.

Last edited by RememberMee; 07-25-2015 at 01:46 AM..

Old 07-25-2015, 01:15 AM

Quote:
How? The wealth distribution pyramid pointing to ever increasing concentration of wealth, plummeting happiness indexes , general sense of deep misery and anxiety in the air correlate with legalization of abortions. A temporary crime rate decrease has complex causes. Humans are no mechanical creatures. No strings attached abortions remind the people that there is nothing sacred, or secure in their environment, everybody is a disposable to be eleminated at the first inconvenience, thus you must watch your back and trust no one. Abortion acceptance if not celebration adds to all those subtle feelings that something is not right, something big.

Really, you've not heard this? According to a Harvard study:

"The researchers estimate that, for every 1,000 extra abortions in 1973 to 1976, there were 380 fewer property crimes, 50 fewer violent crimes, and 0.6 fewer murders in 1997. Overall, the abortion effect ac- counted for one-half of the drop in crime from 1991 to 1997. The rest is explained by increases in prisons, police, and other factors, or goes unexplained.
About 20% of the abortion-related drop in crime arose because of the reduced population of 15-to-24-year-olds (the high-crime age group) in the 1990s. The main effect, however, is the reduced frequency of crime among those in the 15-to-24 age group who did man- age to be born and grow up. Apparently, abortion particularly weeded out the children who would have been likely to follow criminal careers."

A large portion of women seeking abortions are uneducated poor.

Old 07-25-2015, 01:28 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JC84 View Post
Really, you've not heard this? According to a Harvard study:

"The researchers estimate thagt, for every 1,000 extra abortions in 1973 to 1976, there were 380 fewer property crimes, 50 fewer violent crimes, and 0.6 fewer murders in 1997. Overall, the abortion effect ac- counted for one-half of the drop in crime from 1991 to 1997. The rest is explained by increases in prisons, police, and other factors, or goes unexplained.
About 20% of the abortion-related drop in crime arose because of the reduced population of 15-to-24-year-olds (the high-crime age group) in the 1990s. The main effect, however, is the reduced frequency of crime among those in the 15-to-24 age group who did man- age to be born and grow up. Apparently, abortion particularly weeded out the children who would have been likely to follow criminal careers."

A large portion of women seeking abortions are uneducated poor.
Common, that sort of correlation is pure fantasy, and it looks like crime things are slowly getting back to normal. I think the age of computers, gadgets, games, prison like schools and neighborhoods devoid of the public space/unsupervised time, mushrooming police/database state, increased obesity and large scale psychotropic medicating (of millions of boys mostly) did so much more to crime rates than abortions.

I am surprised that Harvard researchers dont realize that easy abortions dont really decrease population drastically. Women just make do with unwanted children, instead of giving births to more wanted on top of the unwanted ones. Yes, that's cruel, but not as cruel as somebody breaking your unborn neck.

Last edited by RememberMee; 07-25-2015 at 01:48 AM..

Old 07-25-2015, 01:49 AM

Quote:
Common, that sort of correlation is pure fantasy, and it looks like crime things are slowly getting back to normal. I think the age of computers, gadgets, games, prison like schools and neighborhoods devoid of the public space/unsupervised time, mushrooming police/database state, increased obesity and psychotropic medication (of mostly boys) did so much more to crime rates than abortions.

I am surprised that Harvard researchers dont realize that easy abortions dont really decrease population drastically. Women just make do with unwanted children, instead of giving births to more wanted on top of the unwanted ones. Yes, that's cruel, but not as cruel as somebody breaking your unborn neck.

You can deny and rationalize facts all you want. Thankfully, that does not change them. Also, most abortions happen way before there is even a neck.

Old 07-25-2015, 04:29 AM

18,528 posts, read 18,752,718 times
Its a shame that some posters on here are puttng women back into history when they had no control or choice over their own bodies.. what a pity that some who dont understand or have been in a position of desperation get it... or their so pig headed and stuck in their ways they dont want to change or even try to empathise with women in dire need.. now could this be a cross on the top of this building... http://www.thesundaytimes.co.uk/sto/...cle1556426.ece

yes why dont we turn back time to the good old days for women.. http://www.westmeathexaminer.ie/news...ingle-mothers/

Last edited by dizzybint; 07-25-2015 at 04:52 AM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events