Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-27-2015, 10:09 PM

47 posts, read 45,119 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Annie53 View Post
Ditto for all of the men out there whining about paying child support.

Time to take control of your own bodies guys.....you have choices too.
Only 1 choice! women get 2 choices and this is not "equality", only a myth!

If women get the choice to keep said child, then men should have the choice to pay child support or not, US birth rates would drop over night if women were not getting a monetary reward for spreading their legs, enabling legal prostitution is all child support does.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-27-2015, 10:12 PM

44,259 posts, read 64,365,577 times
Yes. It is unreasonable and ridiculous to ask all you people, men and women, to control your animal urges so children don't have to suffer (unwanted, poverty) or be murdered.

Totally unreasonable.

I thought you were supposed to be ADULTS.

Old 07-27-2015, 10:13 PM

1,397 posts, read 1,619,652 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mack Knife View Post
Just how does a man impregnate a woman if it is not rape?

Woman demand control of their own bodies.

Then for crying out loud, take control and stop blaming everyone else.
And where's your scorn for men sleeping around with multiple women? Getting them pregnant? That's the point-- people like you are completely one-sided.

Old 07-27-2015, 10:20 PM

12,883 posts, read 13,990,431 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rodentraiser View Post
Trying to find the two stats together is like looking for a needle in a haystack. My interest in this started when a forum I belonged to a couple years ago had a thread that asked the women if they had planned their babies and almost to a woman, they all said their birth control had failed. I personally knew at least a dozen of these women and I knew at least one had had an abortion when she found out she was pregnant. I did find this - the percentages are the failure rates:

Contraception Effectiveness Chart

Contraceptive Method Definition Type Failure* Rate

Birth Control Pill (Oral Contraceptive) A hormone pill taken by mouth. Hormone 8%

Injection A hormone injection given every 1-3 months. Hormone 3%

Emergency Contraception An emergency, high dose of birth control pills taken within 72 hours (three days) of sex. Hormone 11-25%

Intraueterine Device (IUD) Plastic device placed inside the uterus that contains copper or hormones. Hormone/Chemical <1%

Implant Small rod inserted under the skin of a woman that releases a low dose of hormone. Hormone <1%

Male Condom A thin, latex, or polyurethane (plastic) tube that covers the penis. Barrier 15%

Female Condom A polyurethane (plastic) tube or pouch that lines the inside of the vagina. Barrier 21%

Cervical Cap A small rubber or plastic cup that fits over the cervix. Barrier 16-32%

Diaphragm A round rubber dome inserted inside the vagina to cover the cervix. Barrier 16%

Contraceptive Sponge A foam sponge containing spermicide placed inside the vagina. Barrier 16-32%

Spermicide A cream, foam, jelly, or insert placed into the vagina that kills sperm. Barrier 29%

Contraceptive Patch A hormone patch placed on the female's skin weekly for 3 weeks, (followed by 1 week off.) Hormone 8%

Vaginal Contraceptive Ring A hormonal ring placed into the vagina for 3 weeks (followed by 1 week off). Hormone 8%

Natural Family Planning/Fertility Awareness Method Avoiding sex near the time of ovulation, when pregnancy is most likely to occur. Other 12-25%

Sterilization Permanent surgery that blocks the pathways of egg or sperm. Other <1%

Withdrawal Male removes his penis from the vagina prior to ejaculation. Other 27%

Interestingly, the birth control with the lowest chance of failure is the IUD, which Hobby Lobby refuses to provide for in their health insurance. All I can say to that is maybe those bozos think it's cheaper to provide health insurance to all those growing kids.

As to married women having abortions, they are the group that is least likely to have an abortion and I've read everything from 15% of married women (just married, no other partner taken into account) in 2009 to 44% of women who are married or have a partner in 2013.

The best I can do is give you a few things I found.

"Women who are already mothers have more abortions than anyone else, and by an increasingly wide margin. When Guttmacher Institute researchers last ran the numbers in 2008, they found that 61 percent of women who terminate a pregnancy in this country already have at least one child. That was before the recession, though—before the poverty rate rose to swallow 40.7% of women who head families, many of whom know they can’t afford another child."

Most surprising abortion statistic: The majority of women who terminate pregnancies are already mothers.

---------------------------------------------------------

"Women who have never married and are not cohabiting account for 45% of all abortions."

No one said directly, but my guess is you can infer from that statement that the other 55% of women having abortions are either married or in a relationship which is somewhat closer to the 44% above. from:

Induced Abortion in the United States

Then there's this:

51% of women having abortions used a contraceptive method during the month they became pregnant. (AGI).

I think this is the most telling. These are all married women or women in a relationship who got pregnant and had an abortion. It's eye opening to read this and see how many birth control methods failed.

married and considering abortion - update - Page 2 - BabyCenter

I did get some good statistics on the rise of married women having abortions, but those were for the UK, and I decided not to include those articles because I think we're looking mainly at American women.
Thanks.

Old 07-27-2015, 10:22 PM

7,029 posts, read 4,896,331 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JerseyGirl415 View Post
Thanks.
You're welcome. I went back and tried to clean it up some, so it might look a wee bit different from post now.

Old 07-27-2015, 10:25 PM

7,280 posts, read 10,952,353 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JC84 View Post
And where's your scorn for men sleeping around with multiple women? Getting them pregnant? That's the point-- people like you are completely one-sided.
And just who do you think those women are and do you think they are all completely unaware of what is going on?

The thread wasn't about the men, please start a thread and I'll show my scorn for them over there.

Old 07-27-2015, 10:33 PM

15,700 posts, read 17,046,690 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nomadic_Cajun View Post

If women get the choice to keep said child, then men should have the choice to pay child support or not, US birth rates would drop over night if women were not getting a monetary reward for spreading their legs, enabling legal prostitution is all child support does.
Men have three choices. Abstain. Use protection. Get a vasectomy.

Old 07-27-2015, 10:35 PM

15,700 posts, read 17,046,690 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rodentraiser View Post
Trying to find the two stats together is like looking for a needle in a haystack. My interest in this started when a forum I belonged to a couple years ago had a thread that asked the women if they had planned their babies and almost to a woman, they all said their birth control had failed. I personally knew at least a dozen of these women and I knew at least one had had an abortion when she found out she was pregnant. I did find this - the percentages are the failure rates:

Contraception Effectiveness Chart

Contraceptive Method Definition Type Failure* Rate

Birth Control Pill (Oral Contraceptive) A hormone pill taken by mouth. Hormone 8%

Injection A hormone injection given every 1-3 months. Hormone 3%

Emergency Contraception An emergency, high dose of birth control pills taken within 72 hours (three days) of sex. Hormone 11-25%

Intraueterine Device (IUD) Plastic device placed inside the uterus that contains copper or hormones. Hormone/Chemical <1%

Implant Small rod inserted under the skin of a woman that releases a low dose of hormone. Hormone <1%

Male Condom A thin, latex, or polyurethane (plastic) tube that covers the penis. Barrier 15%

Female Condom A polyurethane (plastic) tube or pouch that lines the inside of the vagina. Barrier 21%

Cervical Cap A small rubber or plastic cup that fits over the cervix. Barrier 16-32%

Diaphragm A round rubber dome inserted inside the vagina to cover the cervix. Barrier 16%

Contraceptive Sponge A foam sponge containing spermicide placed inside the vagina. Barrier 16-32%

Spermicide A cream, foam, jelly, or insert placed into the vagina that kills sperm. Barrier 29%

Contraceptive Patch A hormone patch placed on the female's skin weekly for 3 weeks, (followed by 1 week off.) Hormone 8%

Vaginal Contraceptive Ring A hormonal ring placed into the vagina for 3 weeks (followed by 1 week off). Hormone 8%

Natural Family Planning/Fertility Awareness Method Avoiding sex near the time of ovulation, when pregnancy is most likely to occur. Other 12-25%

Sterilization Permanent surgery that blocks the pathways of egg or sperm. Other <1%

Withdrawal Male removes his penis from the vagina prior to ejaculation. Other 27%

Interestingly, the birth control with the lowest chance of failure is the IUD, which Hobby Lobby refuses to provide for in their health insurance. All I can say to that is maybe those bozos think it's cheaper to provide health insurance to all those growing kids.

As to married women having abortions, they are the group that is least likely to have an abortion and I've read everything from 15% of married women (just married, no other partner taken into account) in 2009 to 44% of women who are married or have a partner in 2013.

The best I can do is give you a few things I found.

"Women who are already mothers have more abortions than anyone else, and by an increasingly wide margin. When Guttmacher Institute researchers last ran the numbers in 2008, they found that 61 percent of women who terminate a pregnancy in this country already have at least one child. That was before the recession, though—before the poverty rate rose to swallow 40.7% of women who head families, many of whom know they can’t afford another child."

Most surprising abortion statistic: The majority of women who terminate pregnancies are already mothers.

"Women who have never married and are not cohabiting account for 45% of all abortions."

No one said directly, but my guess is you can infer from that statement that the other 55% of women having abortions are either married or in a relationship which is somewhat closer to the 44% above. from:

Induced Abortion in the United States

Then there's this:

51% of women having abortions used a contraceptive method during the month they became pregnant. (AGI).

I think this is the most telling. These are all married women or women in a relationship who got pregnant and had an abortion. It's eye opening to read this and see how many birth control methods failed.

married and considering abortion - update - BabyCenter

I did get some good statistics on the rise of married women having abortions, but those were for the UK, and I decided not to include those articles because I think we're looking mainly at American women.
WOW. That was a lot of work, wish I could rep you again.

Old 07-27-2015, 10:37 PM

11,162 posts, read 7,637,791 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nomadic_Cajun View Post

Child support covers some of the costs of raising a child. It's hardly a windfall.

Old 07-27-2015, 10:41 PM

17,077 posts, read 13,369,227 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Annie53 View Post
WOW. That was a lot of work, wish I could rep you again.
I was thinking the same thing! That's an impressively informative post.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events