Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-28-2015, 11:59 PM

6,326 posts, read 6,590,988 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by JC84 View Post
No, I didn't attempt because it's purely your own (false) opinion based on your pre-held beliefs. You're saying you're right, simply because you're right. The Harvard study wasn't the only study confirming this, by the way. Maybe you should research more before claiming to be right. I'm not sure why you feel people should believe you over multiple formal studies anyway.

Less births out of wedlock/unwanted children = less crime committed by troubled youth

See also: cognitive dissonance.
How can you confirm something so speculative? Do share. Both you and Harvard researchers falsely believe there is a correlation between abortions and fertility rates. And it is very weak, if any. Women being very rational creatures can control procreation really well with abortions or without providing a threat to the desired life they imagined for themselves. An "accident" in the abortionless environment would mean tenfolded vigelance with complete abstinence at the extreme (a bullet proof family planning secret a granny shared with me: keep him out of your bed, she meant a husband ). That study is pure speculation and rising crime rates in the abortion happy environment prove it to be wrong.

Is a new crime wave on the horizon? - CNN.com
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-29-2015, 12:14 AM

6,326 posts, read 6,590,988 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rodentraiser View Post
You don't know much about animals, do you? I've known plenty of mares who were judged to be in foal by a vet, and then reabsorbed their foal.

And I can tell you for a fact, that when my pet mouse felt threatened by a wild mouse right after she gave birth, she killed and ate her babies.

And it's already been proven that animals who are in crowded conditions have fewer and smaller litters and sometimes quit having litters altogether. Coyotes, when they're being trapped, tend to have larger litters.

And in human evolution, the more threatened a population was, the younger they started having babies.
those are some unrelated to abortion observations on captive animals to boot. Animal mothers dont abort they miscarry, they abandon litters if they cant raise them. How do biological changes of fertility rates in response to the environmental factors relate to conscious abortions humans practice under the most favorable for survival conditions?

Old 07-29-2015, 06:19 AM

5,658 posts, read 6,277,759 times
My girlfriend said I should snap a photo of her while she's wearing her T-shirt. It reads, "I support stem-cell research, but only as a by-product of my support for killing babies."

We'll get that done later today.

Old 07-29-2015, 02:24 PM

2,565 posts, read 1,643,074 times
^^ She's brave enough to wear that here in TX? Hat's off to her.

Old 07-29-2015, 05:21 PM

7,029 posts, read 4,896,331 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RememberMee View Post
those are some unrelated to abortion observations on captive animals to boot. Animal mothers dont abort they miscarry, they abandon litters if they cant raise them. How do biological changes of fertility rates in response to the environmental factors relate to conscious abortions humans practice under the most favorable for survival conditions?
I'm pretty sure that many wild animals will kill their newborn young if they think they're in danger.

And what about males? The first thing the male lion will do after taking over a pride is kill all the cubs from the previous male.

Old 07-31-2015, 09:50 AM

5,658 posts, read 6,277,759 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CatTX View Post
^^ She's brave enough to wear that here in TX? Hat's off to her.
Well we didn't get around to having her wear it but I went and got it and draped it over my office chair. I also found another funny one that I snapped.
Attached Thumbnails
Most Women who have abortions don't regret doing so.-stem.jpg   Most Women who have abortions don't regret doing so.-yeast.jpg  

Old 07-31-2015, 10:46 AM

16,579 posts, read 20,712,881 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mahrie View Post
In all my years of professional counselling, I have yet to counsel a patient who does not regret having had an abortion - or two, or more.
Why would someone who didn't have any regrets seek counselling?

Old 07-31-2015, 11:18 AM

1,608 posts, read 1,485,216 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Marlow View Post
Abortion is not an issue I generally address unless it comes up during the course of other therapy, so most women, couples, or families who book time with me do so for other reasons, including general health.

Shalom,

Mahrie.

Old 07-31-2015, 12:12 PM

3,639 posts, read 3,340,370 times
Quote:
Abortion is not an issue I generally address unless it comes up during the course of other therapy, so most women, couples, or families who book time with me do so for other reasons, including general health.

Shalom,

Mahrie.
Uh huh, and they are already troubled people. You know... seeking counseling. Something that could also be taken into consideration is societal expectations. Women may be pressured to "regret" their abortions even if they really don't... so every case may not be fully truthful.

Too many factors really, but for you to believe that every one you've spoken with actually truly regrets their abortion is pretty far fetched considering the statistics to the contrary!

Old 07-31-2015, 03:21 PM

16,579 posts, read 20,712,881 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Marlow View Post
Quote:

Shalom,

Mahrie.
Unless you're asking them particularly about abortions, you have no idea whether they've had one or not. In other words, if they come to you for couple's therapy, or to deal with other issues in their lives, and abortion never comes up, you have no idea if they regret it or not. It's possible that half the women you talk to have had an abortion they don't regret but you wouldn't know that.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events