Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-15-2015, 04:48 PM

2,744 posts, read 4,235,557 times

Advertisements

Ain't nobodies business but their own.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-15-2015, 04:59 PM

14,950 posts, read 12,153,507 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zelpha View Post
Is this for real? Or is it a hoax?
Well, if it had been real, it would’ve been truly shocking. Luckily, a few days after the extremely bizarre news surfaced and pretty much grossed anyone out, it was all announced as a hoax. What you see in the shocking pictures, is the odd work of Brazilian performance artist Rodrigo Braga. The artist asked a veterinary surgeon to sew the dog’s face pajrts on his own face.

Read more: Brazilian Man Has Surgery to Get The Face Of A Real Dog | Shocking Things
I think there was some mention in the article that the surgery was a hoax.

Old 07-15-2015, 05:06 PM

563 posts, read 524,392 times
Default The perfect pet

Quote:
Originally Posted by CapnTrips View Post
As long as the human doggies clean up after they walk themselves, no problem.

I wonder, could my dog go to work for me? He is very smart!

Old 07-15-2015, 05:16 PM

11,110 posts, read 9,817,167 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Atalanta View Post
I hear ya Arcenal.
And being able to marry animals too.
Why not? Marriage has become fair game.
I'm reminded of a particularly ignorant coworker who made this claim to be a couple years back in Minnesota, when same-sex marriage was being legalized. Specifically, he said "What next!? People marrying their dogs!?", with much gesticulating.

I pointed out the absurdly obvious fact that expanding the rights of people was not going to lead to non-humans doing anything. As an example, I noted that his claim was as ridiculous as someone in 1920 claiming that if Amendment XIX was ratified (giving women the vote) that it would eventually lead to dogs voting.

His response:
"Oh, sure, that hasn't led to dogs voting... yet!"

You can't argue with anyone making such a stupid claim as that. All you can really do is point out the stupidity for the benefit of any onlookers.

PS - Humans are animals (yes, this is a biological fact, no matter how much it gets the undies of fundies in a bunch!)

Old 07-15-2015, 05:40 PM

5,661 posts, read 3,523,779 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Atalanta View Post
I hear ya Arcenal.
And being able to marry animals too.
Why not? Marriage has become fair game.
Quote:
Originally Posted by BadJuju View Post
So you equate gay marriage with bestiality? That shows what kind of person you are.
NO, I am not.
Thanks for ASKING me though.

That was where YOUR thought went.

Old 07-15-2015, 06:22 PM

1,330 posts, read 1,540,454 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by armory View Post
I want to be able to display a particular part of a stallion's body in public.

It would be of no use when intimate with a human female so it would need to be discretionary or I would need to find female centaur - do they exist?
I couldn't find one but your comment reminded me of the unicorn guy LOL

Old 07-15-2015, 06:23 PM

2,248 posts, read 2,349,710 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nicci6Squirrels View Post
Would you retain your human speech ability? That would be awesome... just trot into a store as a lion and say, "hey, howzitgoin'? Where's the meat?"

I was out hiking last week and I suddenly had to pee like a racehorse. I actually had the thought, "Dang, I wish I were a poodle so I could just pee right here in public!" I mean, I REALLY had to pee!!! Who's in charge, anyway, if we humans have to wait until we can find a restroom but dogs can just squat or lift a leg and piddle right there when they need to?
I'd be just like Alex from the movie Madagascar. Walk & talk just like a human, but keep my lion characteristics. As long as I'm fed everyone around me will be fine.

Definitely one of my favorite film series. (yes I'm a big kid ) Hopefully they make their return to NYC in the finale.

Old 07-15-2015, 06:58 PM

4,530 posts, read 8,868,319 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Arcenal352 View Post
Not too long ago, the surgery required to turn man into woman and vice-versa did not exist. People didn't consider the possibility of turning into a different gender.
Now, suddenly, people are going around saying things like: "I always knew I was a woman. I was just born into the wrong body."

Well, one day, I'm sure the technology to turn into an animal will exist. I can see it happening now: "I've always identified with my dogs. I know I should have been born a dog. I'm a dog trapped in a human body."

Strange, but isn't this where we're headed?
I don't know what you consider "not too long" but Google the name Christina Jorgenson IIRC. He/She was a world class Tennis player back in the 50s or 60s that decided to have sex reassignment surgery. I am not sure if that was the first or whether just the first I knew of.

Old 07-15-2015, 11:17 PM

1,135 posts, read 1,770,326 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Arcenal352 View Post
Not too long ago, the surgery required to turn man into woman and vice-versa did not exist.
It still doesn't.

Old 07-15-2015, 11:19 PM

3,125 posts, read 3,024,271 times
That snake dude has been on TV since I was a kid...Ripley's Believe it or Not, or something.

Weird.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events