Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-20-2015, 03:49 PM

6,454 posts, read 7,011,512 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by LordSquidworth View Post
I don't get why people don't press charges over suing.
It's a litigious society...everyone thinks they are owed something
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-20-2015, 04:46 PM

592 posts, read 502,477 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Unsettomati View Post
I'm mildly surprised that he didn't shoot her, then claim that she 'went for his taser' and that he 'feared for his life'.

How sad that not killing her is what passes for 'restraint' these days...
I don't think she was black.

Old 07-20-2015, 05:55 PM

4,236 posts, read 8,143,927 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2sleepy View Post
You made these claims, I asked you to prove them, it's on you to do that..not me.

So, please prove them or at least quit making claims that you can't support

I guess it’s too much to expect you to know the difference between detained and arrested. The media wrote this story with the headline “arrested” to get social justice warriors something to bicker about on Facebook. I mean never mind that she was only detained for acting like a child.

Old 07-20-2015, 06:29 PM

8,610 posts, read 7,895,946 times
[quote=shadowne;40488872]
Quote:
Originally Posted by armory View Post

smh

What is wrong with you people? You're both libs, right?

No, I have control of my brain.

What's your point?

Old 07-20-2015, 06:38 PM

42,850 posts, read 26,285,621 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fargobound View Post
I guess it’s too much to expect you to know the difference between detained and arrested. The media wrote this story with the headline “arrested” to get social justice warriors something to bicker about on Facebook. I mean never mind that she was only detained for acting like a child.
I think I know the difference, but did you read this? http://media2.abc15.com/html/pdf/Cha...dentReview.pdf

Hate to break it to you, but if you take the time to read that report you will see that he did arrest her.

Old 07-20-2015, 06:44 PM

42,850 posts, read 26,285,621 times
[quote=shadowne;40488872]
Quote:
Originally Posted by armory View Post

smh

What is wrong with you people? You're both libs, right?
THIS is what I posted

Quote:
There are plenty of well qualified minorities who could work in law enforcement, it's just that most of them won't apply as long as there are people who think like you do wearing a badge...and I can't say I blame them. I can just imagine how you would greet one of them: "Hi there black guy, I bet you're glad you got that GED so you could get a job as a cop, huh?"
THIS is my post AFTER Armory edited it:

[quote=armory;40488787]
Quote:
There are plenty of well qualified minorities who could work in law enforcement, it's just that most of them won't apply as long as there are people who think like you do wearing a badge...and I can't say I blame them. I can just imagine how you would greet one of them: "Hi there black guy, I bet you're glad you got that GED so you could get a job as a cop, huh?"[/quote] More like "Hey there Ni**er, I bet you're glad you got that GED and EEOC so you could get a job as a cop, huh"? )
Should I apologize for another poster who decided to edit my post?

Old 07-20-2015, 07:05 PM

13,520 posts, read 22,134,708 times
Quote:

Ummm, in the video the cop said "You're under arrest" and in the Internal Affairs investigative report it said he put her under arrest and then "unarrested" her.

Nowhere was the word "detained" ever used. Not even by the cop.

Old 07-20-2015, 07:06 PM

5,940 posts, read 3,573,294 times
Quote:
So, Oh Great One, if that's the case, then can you tell us why in the Video the Cop is telling her she is under arrest?

Don't you apologists ever get tired of just making up stuff and throwing it out there with no idea of what is? Why lie?

Old 07-20-2015, 07:33 PM

5,126 posts, read 7,411,405 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by justanokie View Post
You will have to forgive my "naivety" and "zero knowledge" but according to everything I know a cop can only enter a home with a warrant, during "hot" pursuit and/or when he has reason to believe a crime is being committed. None of those existed in this case. The cop responded to a different address, determined there was no crime, drove to the 2nd parties house to trespass her, he then got upset she didn't show the proper respect and commenced to throwing his weight around.

He wasn't investigating squat by his own admission he had no intentions of arresting anyone and was there to trespass her.

I did 10 years of military service so I don't need a lecture about eating donuts. Cops are in far more danger from themselves than regular people. Way more die from car crashes and heart attacks than getting shot by some random person.

Your facts are wrong. The cop wasn't responding to a domestic dispute. He already took care of that at the complainant and determined there was no crime, he was at the woman's house to trespass her. He had no cause for arrest and no cause to enter the property. He got ticked off because this woman didn't respect the badge, plain and simple. He then proceeded to break several laws which once he calmed down realized that the only way out was to release the woman and hope she kept quiet.

Its all in the report.
Amen!

Also very telling that the officer said that when the cops come to your door, YOU aren't in authority even if it's your house. Says everything about his attitude right there. Sorry, but without a search warrant, he can't enter.

And she had every right to record him.

He sounded like a complete moron in the video when the towel was slipping off, showing her body for quite a few seconds while she was desperately trying to keep it on while they struggled . . . and he finally says "You don't have any clothes on under there?" Duh. It was pretty obvious dude. And that crap about ordering her to look him in the eyes while she's naked. He had no freaking right to demand that and frankly, it's sick.

People will start respecting cops when they themselves respect the law. Respect is earned; not given for no reason. Why should she respect a cop who just walked into her house without cause?

BTW, why wasn't the cop concerned that the husband broke into HER house to steal the tax returns?

Old 07-20-2015, 08:15 PM

424 posts, read 381,904 times
Wow, and somehow police still wonder why they get such a bad rap, it's time for reforms.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events