Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-16-2015, 08:05 PM

5,940 posts, read 3,570,820 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by marigolds6 View Post
It is unconstitutional to immediately terminate a public employee. Why can't people understand this?

Then he should have been suspended without pay and the Termination Process should have been started. He doesn't deserve to retire with a Pension for violating this woman's civil rights and breaking the Law he is supposed to uphold.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-16-2015, 08:20 PM

31,848 posts, read 17,604,014 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by marigolds6 View Post
It is unconstitutional to immediately terminate a public employee. Why can't people understand this?
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Clevel..._v._Loudermill

You do know I stated what I think should happen in some cases, right? I didn't ask why it didn't happen.

We see too many cases where people abuse their power and have nothing more than their hand slapped over it. In this case he retired and gets his pension. Ridiculous.

Old 07-16-2015, 08:25 PM

7,343 posts, read 4,366,656 times
Chandler PD has a local rep for being a bunch of cowboys you don't want to mess with...

Old 07-16-2015, 09:35 PM

14,247 posts, read 17,919,186 times
More detailed information on this incident here:

http://lmgcorporate.com/ktvk/news/7-...man-Arrest.pdf

Old 07-16-2015, 10:40 PM

379 posts, read 359,334 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jamies View Post
I'm not sitting through a 15 second advertizement just to see a nekked woman.

Isn't Chandler kind of like the armpit of AZ? I've never been there, though I think I drove through, fast.
AZ is kinda all armpit.
Chandler isn't much different than most of PHX.

Old 07-16-2015, 10:42 PM

14,247 posts, read 17,919,186 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Arne Bjornson View Post
AZ is kinda all armpit.
Chandler isn't much different than most of PHX.
No, most of AZ is great. The Phoenix area is just a typical large urban mess with all the associated problems.

Old 07-16-2015, 10:56 PM

3,744 posts, read 4,086,140 times
Let's see... I read the entire 17 page internal investigation

From that I gleaned

He should have arrested her and not cut her any break...

It also tells me very few of you understand the law

So... what we have is
Woman fighting with husband in bitter divorce
Both husband and wife try to use police to bolster their positions
Officer ...stupidly I might add... deems the whole thing a waste of time and not something he is going to resolve and walks away ... which is where he erred

You touch someone fully document it

As far as him entering her residence... zero issue ... there on a call followup... she walks away into residence ... he can enter for many reasons .. prevent escape ..prevent securing a weapon ..etc

As far as her being naked...happens all the time ... guess what women in the field are not hot.. we don't want to see naked nasty people.

The IA report doesn't deal with recommended discipline... he will get whacked for not writing a good report and being lazy on a kiss off

He will not be fired

I just bet the lady was a real peach to deal with...

I turn my camera on and leave it on... however they aren't perfect .. charge runs down.. I'm not facing the person for whatever reason... they work.. but not always

To the person who likes to use the word pig.. a great animal by the way...highly intelligent... try not being ten year old...

Last edited by notmeofficer; 07-16-2015 at 11:08 PM..

Old 07-17-2015, 12:44 AM

4,751 posts, read 5,437,976 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by notmeofficer View Post

From that I gleaned

So... what we have is
Officer ...stupidly I might add... deems the whole thing a waste of time and not something he is going to resolve and walks away ... which is where he erred

As far as him entering her residence... zero issue ... there on a call followup... she walks away into residence ... he can enter for many reasons .. prevent escape ..prevent securing a weapon ..etc

As far as her being naked...happens all the time ... guess what women in the field are not hot.. we don't want to see naked nasty people.

The IA report doesn't deal with recommended discipline... he will get whacked for not writing a good report and being lazy on a kiss off

He will not be fired

I turn my camera on and leave it on... however they aren't perfect .. charge runs down.. I'm not facing the person for whatever reason... they work.. but not always

To the person who likes to use the word pig.. a great animal by the way...highly intelligent... try not being ten year old...
Translation: He lied on an official police document, cuffed and threatened to arrest a woman who had committed no crime, in her own home, in the presence of her minor daughter, but that's cool because being a cop is hard.

Old 07-17-2015, 03:21 AM

3,497 posts, read 2,661,274 times
Quote:

From that I gleaned

So... what we have is

He will not be fired

You just listed the reasons many people are starting to detest cops, and consider them the welfare queens of the community’s. Protected by a strong union, that can and will cover up and manipulate any wrong doing.

Old 07-17-2015, 05:32 AM

1,906 posts, read 2,037,851 times
Quote:

From that I gleaned

So... what we have is

He will not be fired

Apparently your reading comprehension is sub par. According the investigating officer, he had no probable cause to enter or arrest. He even admitted he was there to trespass her, not arrest her. If he would have simply waited at the door and trespassed her like he was going to then we wouldn't be reading about this. Instead he decides that he is going to teach her a lesson for talking back to a cop.

After the dust settles he knows there is no probable cause to arrest. Thats why he let her go hoping that if he didn't document it she would just let it go.

Looks to me like another cop breaking the law and suffering no consequences for it. Being fired should be the least of what happens. He should be arrested and charged.

You cops always brag about being held to a higher standard, right up until you get caught breaking the law then you come up with all kinds of excuses.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events