Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-17-2015, 10:49 AM

22,974 posts, read 27,011,790 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by NJGOAT View Post
snopes.com: President Obama Is Secretly Planting 75,000 Muslims Around The United States?

Can you provide any actual proof or sources to back up your rather wild accusations?

Here's the million dollar question...how do you stop it? You can't round up all Muslims and throw them in concentration camps...that would violate every ideal we've ever attempted to stand for (just like it did when we rounded up Japanese-Americans in WW2). Our policies in the Middle East are already just about as aggressive as we can get. We can bomb ISIS all we want or send a million soldiers to wipe them out and it won't matter. Radical Jihad is a concept, not a physical force that can be fought.

The scary reality is that we ultimately need to accept that this may be a new reality and a consequence of our interventionism and foreign policy. Welcome to what Israel has dealt with for decades.
No, you don't intern anyone. What a sane person does is put a halt to any new people from suspect countries entering our shores until this situation resolves.

Secondly, every current resident of the U.S. that comes from one of the suspect countries or any person who has taken a trip to one of the suspect countries over the last few years OR is involved with a mosque gets a deep,thorough and discreet background check via DHS using ALL available assets (NSA etc).
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-17-2015, 10:53 AM

14,780 posts, read 43,691,956 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cb73 View Post
"Moderate Muslims"--do they exist?

We supposedly have them here. There's also a Muslim school here--that's fine, there's also Catholic, 7th Day schools, etc.--but reviews by parents of kids attending there rave about how the school is so careful to ensure that everyone down to the janitor is Muslim so "our kids will be safe from the infidels"--how moderate is that?
My neighbor is Muslim, rather moderate if not liberal in his politics and is a pretty proud American.

Most small religious schools strive to have the entire staff be of the same religion. Some even limit the attendance of their students to being of that religion as well.

Quote:
Originally Posted by LS Jaun View Post
"Here's the million dollar question...how do you stop it?"
Of course!

"You can't round up all Muslims and throw them in concentration camps...that would violate every ideal we've ever attempted to stand for (just like it did when we rounded up Japanese-Americans in WW2)."
Well, if it got to the point that we were in all out war with ISIS and other Islamic Terrorist groups it could easily get to that point.
It could, but then I could make a solid argument that if we needed to foresake our own ideals like that, then the terrorists would have won.

Old 07-17-2015, 10:53 AM

23,766 posts, read 29,058,499 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by victimofGM View Post
The difference between the Colorado movie theater shooter and this case is cause. The Colorado shooter was crazy. Some of our school shooters involve kids on certain mind altering medication. In this case as well as the cases of the DC Sniper and the Fort Hood shooter is devout faith to Islam and hatred towards infidels. Their attacks were planned and in this case, coordinated with a national Islamic terrorist organization. Islam has been at war with infidels for years and yet some here still refuse to accept the truth.
agreed, we need to execute all crazy people before they get us first

Old 07-17-2015, 10:57 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jimj View Post
No, you don't intern anyone. What a sane person does is put a halt to any new people from suspect countries entering our shores until this situation resolves.
The attacks we can tie to Islamic radicals were carried out by people who have been here for years. There is already very strict screening of people entering the US from suspect countries.

Quote:
Secondly, every current resident of the U.S. that comes from one of the suspect countries or any person who has taken a trip to one of the suspect countries over the last few years OR is involved with a mosque gets a deep,thorough and discreet background check via DHS using ALL available assets (NSA etc).
What are the "suspect countries"? What you are proposing is extremely "un-American" and I would personally be against such blanket targeting. Systems and procedures already exist to ID and filter out anyone you would catch in such a ridiculously broad probe.

Old 07-17-2015, 10:57 AM

2,919 posts, read 3,187,379 times
No small potatoes: Muslim refugees Idaho-bound

Muslims and the west are not compatible. Just my opinion.

Last edited by folkguitarist555; 07-17-2015 at 11:06 AM..

Old 07-17-2015, 11:01 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by folkguitarist555 View Post
Do you get your information from any actual news sources or just these exceedingly biased fringe "news organizations"?

OneNewsNow is a project of the American Family Association. A ridiculously right wing fundamentalist Christian group that has been called out more than once for publishing blatantly false information. These knuckleheads blamed the Amtrak crash in Philly on the engineers "latent homosexuality"...

Old 07-17-2015, 11:04 AM

17,188 posts, read 15,390,629 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Further View Post
Several points I'd like to make. First, I stand by my posts. If you don't like what I say, YOU prove me wrong. I'm not doing your homework for you. Second, I noticed both members who questioned my post have an NJ location. A "Blue" state that in my opinion just swallows hook, line and sinker anything the Liar in Chief spews out. Third, if you want to make a conservative mad, tell a lie. Want to make a liberal mad, tell the truth. Finally, people like me were screaming years ago this clown will ruin America, and I'm too tired to even start THAT argument again.
I don't have an NJ location....

Old 07-17-2015, 11:09 AM

22,974 posts, read 27,011,790 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NJGOAT View Post
The attacks we can tie to Islamic radicals were carried out by people who have been here for years. There is already very strict screening of people entering the US from suspect countries.

What are the "suspect countries"? What you are proposing is extremely "un-American" and I would personally be against such blanket targeting. Systems and procedures already exist to ID and filter out anyone you would catch in such a ridiculously broad probe.
Really? Then you must be against the patriot act and protesting the construction of the (new) NSA data collection building as well as the massive spying on U.S. citizens that has been going on?

I don't completely disagree with what you say but will stand by the idea that immigration from known "trouble" countries needs to be halted AND if someone who lives here travels to one of those countries they do not get to trot right back here.
That in and of itself would've stopped the Boston bombers.

Old 07-17-2015, 11:13 AM

432 posts, read 523,504 times
Nothing latent about that train driver guy, but back on topic:

The TN shooter targeted US military. An Al-Queda event would have likely hurt many more people (and the economy). A typical crazy young man shooter on psycho drugs would have targeted a place with many people as victims.

Looks like an I-SIS inspired attack to me.

Clearly he was a moderate for a long time before becoming radicalized.

Where did he get the money for the nice house/pool and all the nice vacations to middle east countries?

Old 07-17-2015, 11:20 AM

29,218 posts, read 22,365,741 times
Once more, a well-armed lone wolf has destroyed too many lives, including his own.

We don't have to worry about ISIS, or anyone with a non-English surname. What we need to worry about is the isolated lone wolf who will always be under the radar. Lone wolves have killed far more innocent Americans than any terrorist group could ever dream of, but we always look elsewhere for the blame.

Many are easy to spot, some hard to spot, and some impossible. But it's high time to do what we can to identify them and keep an eye on them. Surveillance vs. liberty is hard, but so is mass murder. The narrow way must be found and used. Citizens must be taught to be alert, and alertness does not depend on fear. We can do this if we want it badly enough. If not, then there will be more funerals in the future at an increasing rate.

I found it ironic that mass murder James Holmes was found guilty on the same day the Marines died.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events