Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-25-2015, 05:40 AM

2,334 posts, read 2,646,868 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buzz Bee View Post
Oh, come on, he asked her if something was wrong to rankle her. I am going to take a wild guess right here that 100% of people who are pulled over are annoyed.
I'm a part of the 100% of people, and my first feeling is not annoyance; my first feeling is fear/anxiety, wondering what I did wrong.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bridgerider View Post
Someone made a point that it's difficult for many people to come up with $500. I will agree with that point, but I have doubts that it applied here. With her past history, I wonder if her family members said "not this time"....the reaction they are putting out on news interviews does not mesh with "we couldn't get the money to her in time". In our global internet age, that just doesn't fly. Something is missing from that part of the equation, not that it changes whatever may have happened between her & the cop; or how her death came to be. But as an outsider looking in via biased & sensationalized news reports....her family's involvement after the fact seem more financially motivated than motivated by justice for Ms. Bland. Just my opinion, I'm sure it won't be an agreeable one.
I agree with it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Me007gold View Post
A cigarette(fire) could be considered a weapon, not deadly, and not very good. but a weapon non the less.
I agree.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-25-2015, 07:18 AM

3,175 posts, read 3,654,704 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jmac1 View Post
Not signaling to change lanes on an empty road is petty. She was not making a left or right hand turn on a busy street....

Nice try though.

People not using their turn signal is my biggest driving pet peeve, but speeding, running red lights and stop signs are the serious violations that cause accidents. Normally when people fail to use their turn signal, they make you wait unnecessarily, because you are think they are going to continue driving in the direction they are traveling and you don't pull out in front of them.

Not signaling to change lanes is more dangerous on the freeway.... You see that is called context. Too bad you tired to prove your point by taking the violation out of context and then bring dead babies into the discussion to play on people emotions.

You should apply for a position as a host on Fox News.
She didn't stop at the stop sign either and that is what caught his attention in the first place. That is why he turned around to follow her.

The dead children comment was because he is a state trooper. You know, the guys that see more accidents (with the victims still in the car) in one day than most see in a lifetime. And yes, I'm sure he has seen a lot of dead or injured children in his lifetime.

Bottom line, not using your signal to change lanes is dangerous. That is why it is a law to do so. He was giving her a warning so she would know better the next time, not a ticket.

Old 07-25-2015, 07:37 AM

22,974 posts, read 27,003,525 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blessed310 View Post
So...were there any "facts" that you could list that should not have happened on the part of the "trained" police officer? I bet if you really tried you could come up with as many or maybe even more but whackados like you would rather ignore those FACTS.
Two separate issues. If the argument is the cop acted badly in the arrest that's a discussion that can be had. The arrest does not make what happened after murder nor does it even make it "strange".

Old 07-25-2015, 07:47 AM

3,175 posts, read 3,654,704 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ducky305 View Post
This wasn't some local cop. She was stopped by a Texas DPS trooper. Traffic violations is something they do all day long. I had a nephew failed the driving test for exactly this reason.
Exactly and they also see a whole lot of blood and mangled bodies. They take their job very seriously and we should all be thankful they do.

Old 07-25-2015, 07:48 AM

11,186 posts, read 6,504,338 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Me007gold View Post
A cigarette(fire) could be considered a weapon, not deadly, and not very good. but a weapon non the less.
The cop at that point simply wanted to exercise his power and bait the driver. This wasn't a driver who refused to show hands or got out of the car when told not to. All he had to do was give her the ticket and drive away.

Old 07-25-2015, 07:53 AM

3,658 posts, read 2,561,699 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jazzarama View Post
The cop at that point simply wanted to exercise his power and bait the driver. This wasn't a driver who refused to show hands or got out of the car when told not to. All he had to do was give her the ticket and drive away.
All she had to do was not act like an idiot. She proved her point. She did not conform. How is that working out for her?

Old 07-25-2015, 07:55 AM

22,974 posts, read 27,003,525 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jazzarama View Post
Funny thing is, in the video he clearly states he was just going to give her a warning until she talked herself out of that and into handcuffs.

Old 07-25-2015, 08:24 AM

21,466 posts, read 10,568,098 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JerseyGirl415 View Post
Because there are lots of people out there who never use their blinkers and probably have no idea that you're supposed to.

My dad is one of those people who never uses his blinkers. It can be dangerous, especially on highways. In general, it helps if other drivers know where you're going...
I've always been absolutely sure to use my blinkers, especially when a police officer is behind me. State troopers (DPS) are know around here as traffic cops, very by the book. The type that will pull you over for not using a blinker. There are always those cops that get the power trip when they don't feel you are respecing their authority. It's a pain, but the last thing you want to do is make a big issue when it's just you and a lone cop on the side of the road. Remember the dash cam video and later file a complaint. That d*ck cop may have had to get some extra training, but she wouldn't have been stuck in a cell for three days with a large fine waiting for a "friend" to bail her out. That d-bag was ranting the other day about a murderer loose in that jail, despite all indications pointing to her suicide. It wasn't his duty to bail her out but maybe he could have answered her calls and reassured her a bit that the family was working on it. The poor girl probably felt abandoned.

Old 07-25-2015, 08:25 AM

42,843 posts, read 26,253,950 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HappyTexan View Post
Either that or the family was tired of bailing her out in the past so she didn't call them.
She had outstanding past due fines she didn't pay.

The family also said they didn't know she lost a baby.
Which is not unusual. I don't think that says anything about the parents other than they are trying to force an irresponsible adult into making better decisions.

Old 07-25-2015, 08:33 AM

12,883 posts, read 13,982,632 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Leisesturm View Post
You do know that there are white Hispanics, yes?
Sure but there are distinctions made on forms and applications in this country. Hispanics are treated as if they're a race rather than an ethnicity.

When you're being asked if you're Hispanic or white, I think there's a difference.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events