Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-19-2015, 11:40 AM

224 posts, read 309,905 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by WIHS2006 View Post
^ my guess as well.

Also, if you look at her FB page you will see that she has been quite active in speaking against LE brutality. I wouldent be all that shocked if she purposely did something to get pulled over and then started mouthing off and fighting the cops. In other words, she wanted to create a scene. As for her death, she probably figured out she was going to lose her new job and with her history of depression it's easy to see why she could have committed suicide.
I'm sure if that were the case, she'd come up with something better than not signaling while changing lanes.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-19-2015, 12:30 PM

36,754 posts, read 14,814,475 times
Sad, but nothing strange about it. It's not exactly uncommon for people in jail to commit suicide, or attempt to.

Old 07-19-2015, 09:30 PM

20,514 posts, read 33,513,431 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WIHS2006 View Post
^ my guess as well.

Also, if you look at her FB page you will see that she has been quite active in speaking against LE brutality. I wouldent be all that shocked if she purposely did something to get pulled over and then started mouthing off and fighting the cops. In other words, she wanted to create a scene. As for her death, she probably figured out she was going to lose her new job and with her history of depression it's easy to see why she could have committed suicide.
Are you serious?

Old 07-19-2015, 10:06 PM

22,653 posts, read 24,575,170 times
She had a history of depression and tweeted about "being found dead in jail", hum, sounds like her demise was an obvious suicide.

Old 07-19-2015, 10:35 PM

2,734 posts, read 4,148,594 times
Interesting in that the article that the OP posted a witness said:

"I couldn't tell if he slammed her down there or it was a maneuver she did trying to stop him from putting her in the car caused her to be put on the ground," McKnight said. "She was very very upset. She wasn't trying to get in that police car."

However, the arresting officer has been put on desk duty:

Texas: Trooper in traffic stop violated policy

A trooper who pulled over and later arrested a woman found dead in her jail cell was put on desk duty Friday for violating procedures, the Texas Department of Public Safety said.

Old 07-19-2015, 10:53 PM

3,027 posts, read 2,518,844 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LexusNexus View Post
I think it is far more likely that she didn't hang herself.

Why is it assumed that she hung herself because she was suffering from depression? It already appeared as if excessive force was being used on her when she was out of the car, as even a fellow officer on the scene questioned. Millions of people suffer from some form of depression every day, but don't hang themselves. The people who knew her best, her family, said that it was very unlikely that she would hang herself, especially with the prospect of a new job within reach. Something terribly wrong happened here.

Given the national attention that white cops all over this country have been getting for exceeding the scope of their authority against blacks, extra caution was likely the better option. An investigation is critical to uncover the truth of what happened, since it is far more likely in this backwards part of the country, that the cops killed her while she was in custody.

I really have no interest in what YOU did when you were stopped, and it has absolutely no relevance to what happened to this poor woman. Support the Confederate flag, make the assumption that she was in the wrong,...I have no interest in this perspective.
Right. I have lived with depression for 20 plus years and have yet to hang myself. This was nothing but foul play. They probably roughed her up back at the station and killed her accidentally. Then they created this story to cover their tracks.

Old 07-19-2015, 10:58 PM

3,027 posts, read 2,518,844 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Delahanty View Post
Sad, but nothing strange about it. It's not exactly uncommon for people in jail to commit suicide, or attempt to.
It is very uncommon, especially for a minor offense, especially a woman, and a black woman at that. Black women have the lowest suicide rate in America.

Old 07-19-2015, 11:50 PM

9,189 posts, read 7,594,686 times
Her death is being investigated and they will get to the bottom of it. If she killed herself, was killed accidently or murdered, hopefully we'll find out the truth.

Old 07-20-2015, 03:56 AM

477 posts, read 508,940 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Javacoffee View Post
The cops are guilty of...of what!? How does this woman's suicide put a finger of blame on the cops? The arresting cops weren't in the jail cell with her. Oh, wait. I suppose this means the correction officer's murdered her? They strung her up because... why? Oh, please share your enlightened wisdom on this matter.

Stable and professional people (as she is now being painted as) usually don't end up on the ground, fighting and swearing at the cops while getting their wrists shackled before being dragged off to jail.
They do if they're black activists.

Old 07-20-2015, 04:05 AM

64 posts, read 56,563 times
Well, what I am sure of is that, this is not the first time this happened,
I know that there are many cases like this occurred without us knowing.
Hope this case will spit all the dark side in the jail.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events