Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-21-2015, 01:21 PM

23,795 posts, read 13,218,937 times

Advertisements

Do people actually get pulled over by police in Texas for failing to signal when changing lanes or turning?

Personally I think it is really rude not to signal, yet at least 75% of Floridian drivers do not signal. I have never heard of or seen anyone being pulled over for it even when there are cops all over. I think cops do it only if they are targeting someone and want an excuse to pull them over.

Is it common practice in Texas for cops to pull one over for not signaling?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-21-2015, 01:21 PM

17,183 posts, read 22,839,457 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MJJersey View Post
Another trumped-up news story trying to find racism in everything. The video proves she hanged herslef. Sad but not newsworthy.
What video is that?

Old 07-21-2015, 01:41 PM

9,127 posts, read 9,310,384 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Enigma777 View Post
Do people actually get pulled over by police in Texas for failing to signal when changing lanes or turning?

Personally I think it is really rude not to signal, yet at least 75% of Floridian drivers do not signal. I have never heard of or seen anyone being pulled over for it even when there are cops all over. I think cops do it only if they are targeting someone and want an excuse to pull them over.

Don't know about Texas, but you'll get nailed for it in Kansas, especially on four lane highways. KHP takes it very seriously.

Old 07-21-2015, 01:56 PM

17,183 posts, read 22,839,457 times
Quote:

Not really, but some do. And in this case, Waller cops may have been looking for an excuse to pull over any black person in a nice car.

The Waller County Sheriff Was Fired From a Previous Job in 2008 over racism allegations. This particular jail, btw, has a suicide problem. The Texas Jail Commission cited the Waller County Jail for sub-standard training on how to handle potentially suicidal and mentally disabled inmates after investigating Bland’s death according to the Houston Chronicle (I live in Houston and read the Chronicle on paper). Waller is probably a speed trap and using tickets to beef up its revenue just as Ferguson did. Waller is a small community of 2500 people (mostly white and hispanic, though there are some 20% blacks who live there). It is about 40 miles north of Houston.

The Waller Times - the only newspaper in Waller - does not appear to be covering the story at all other than a press release from the PD.

The Waller Times newspaper

According to the assault charge, the officer had her exit the car to conduct a *safe traffic check* whatever that means. I have never had one performed on my car.

If Sandra was believed to be mentally unstable, she should have been watched, but the county officers did not document training and did not obey minimum jail standards according to another document.

The previous inmate who supposedly committed suicide by hanging himself from a bed sheet in 2012 was arrested for the same offense that Sandra Bland was arrested for.

http://www.thewallertimes.com/assets...mes_071515.pdf

Old 07-21-2015, 02:30 PM

9,134 posts, read 5,784,918 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nana053 View Post
What video is that?
The one that shows that NOBODY entered
her cell during the time period in question.

Old 07-21-2015, 02:50 PM

9,189 posts, read 7,578,626 times
Quote:

I'm guessing some cops use it for an excuse to stop someone.

Old 07-21-2015, 02:52 PM

2,776 posts, read 3,047,645 times
UPDATE: SUSPICIOUS DEATH OF SANDRA BLAND IN TEXAS JAIL BEING TREATED AS MURDER INVESTIGATION

UPDATE: Suspicious Death Of Sandra Bland In Texas Jail Being Treated As Murder Investigation - Crime Feed

Per CNN, the case is now being investigated as a possible murder, and could go to a grand jury.“It is very much too early to make any kind of determination that this was a suicide or a murder because the investigations are not complete,” Waller County District Attorney Elton Mathis noted. “This is being treated like a murder investigation.”

Old 07-21-2015, 03:06 PM

40,937 posts, read 49,032,812 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by FlowerPower00 View Post
UPDATE: SUSPICIOUS DEATH OF SANDRA BLAND IN TEXAS JAIL BEING TREATED AS MURDER INVESTIGATION

Waller County District Attorney Elton Mathis noted. “This is being treated like a murder investigation.”
LIKE a murder investigation is much different than AS a Murder Investigation.

Old 07-21-2015, 03:35 PM

2,776 posts, read 3,047,645 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rakin View Post
LIKE a murder investigation is much different than AS a Murder Investigation.

Good point.!

Old 07-21-2015, 04:08 PM

545 posts, read 592,006 times
Why are we not hearing of Asian, Hispanic, White, Native-American, Hawaiian-Polynesian etc etc suspects. It's all frigging blacks.....and usually it involves the suspect NOT LISTENING TO COP'S DIRECTIONS! (running, come forward, not shutting up etc etc)
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events