Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-21-2015, 06:31 PM

9,189 posts, read 7,594,033 times

Advertisements

It's out there, you just have to look for them.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-21-2015, 07:09 PM

36,754 posts, read 14,812,910 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Javacoffee View Post
The cops are guilty of...of what!? How does this woman's suicide put a finger of blame on the cops? The arresting cops weren't in the jail cell with her. Oh, wait. I suppose this means the correction officer's murdered her? They strung her up because... why? Oh, please share your enlightened wisdom on this matter.

Stable and professional people (as she is now being painted as) usually don't end up on the ground, fighting and swearing at the cops while getting their wrists shackled before being dragged off to jail.

It doesn't put the finger on the cop OR jail staff.

Again, we're not seeing an almost one-hour tape of that traffic stop from start to finish, and there's a reason the evening news isn't showing film of the officer telling her 15 times to get out of the car.. And people apparently don't care that the media have shown film of her jail cell from the time someone last checked on her to the time that she was found hanged. No one had entered that cell in the interim.

Enough with this Strange death in Waller TX nonsense as if this were an alien abduction.

Last edited by Delahanty; 07-21-2015 at 07:28 PM..

Old 07-21-2015, 07:15 PM

482 posts, read 944,670 times
I'm sorry, she was out of line...I hope her behavior had nothing to do with her death in that she was harmed by the police, but she was an idiot. I would have slapped the fire out of her myself.

Old 07-21-2015, 07:24 PM

16,909 posts, read 10,580,649 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nana053 View Post
What video is that?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Speleothem View Post
The one that shows that NOBODY entered
her cell during the time period in question.
This. Unless you can prove the police have an invisibility cloak then this case is closed.

Old 07-21-2015, 07:26 PM

2,340 posts, read 4,628,289 times
Here are the facts from the hour long dash cam.

1) She makes a right turn onto a two lane street. Cop does a U turn and starts to speed up to catch up to her.

2) She moves from the left lane to the right lane as he is approaching her from behind quickly.

3) He pulls nehind her and pulls her over.

4) He walks up to the car and says something like "what's wrong with you?". he takes her license and reg and goes to his car for about 5 minutes

5) He walks back up to the car and says, is there a problem. She starts to tell him yes, she has a problem that he is pulling her over, That she changed lanes to get out of his way. He says "Are you done now". She responds that she was answering his question..

6) he asks her to put her cigarette out. She asks why, because she is in her car. he tells her to get out ofthe car and it goes down hill from there.

She definitely made things worse, but he didn't do himself any favors. he was picking at her. Why he would pull someone over for getting out of the way of a quickly approaching police car is beyond me. He didn't do anything to deescalate the situation.

Old 07-21-2015, 07:47 PM

48,502 posts, read 96,810,437 times
I saw the video and she certainly didn't help herself . I also wander why her family did not bail her out within hours. Might be she couldn't even be booked how she was acting in the stop.it looked like dozens of traffic stops I have witnessed with people going crazy .

Old 07-21-2015, 07:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by baybook View Post
Here are the facts from the hour long dash cam.

1) She makes a right turn onto a two lane street. Cop does a U turn and starts to speed up to catch up to her.

2) She moves from the left lane to the right lane as he is approaching her from behind quickly.

3) He pulls nehind her and pulls her over.

4) He walks up to the car and says something like "what's wrong with you?". he takes her license and reg and goes to his car for about 5 minutes

5) He walks back up to the car and says, is there a problem. She starts to tell him yes, she has a problem that he is pulling her over, That she changed lanes to get out of his way. He says "Are you done now". She responds that she was answering his question..

6) he asks her to put her cigarette out. She asks why, because she is in her car. he tells her to get out ofthe car and it goes down hill from there.

She definitely made things worse, but he didn't do himself any favors. he was picking at her. Why he would pull someone over for getting out of the way of a quickly approaching police car is beyond me. He didn't do anything to deescalate the situation.
I agree. She was definitely loose with all the cursing and calling the cop the p word. That really got his goat, I'm sure.

Old 07-21-2015, 07:53 PM

304 posts, read 324,678 times
To me I could careless what happened during the traffic stop, I only care about what happened at the jail. The officer isn't going to be charged with anything on the traffic stop, because he didn't break any laws. Whether you agree with the officers decision to arrest her, he didn't have to explain that to the lady and so he made an arrest. The only thing that is left here is to determine whether this was a suicide or there was foul play. Again the dash cam video is irrelevant to me. But once again that is where the most focus is going to go and we are going to be arguing this case for months, and I believe that we are never going to fully understand what happened.

Old 07-21-2015, 07:57 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Delahanty;40505968

Enough with this [I
Strange death in Waller TX[/i] nonsense as if this were an alien abduction.
If you pull your eyes from the back of your head, you'll realize that the time I created this thread (5 days ago) there were few details on this case.

Quote:
Originally Posted by arc-lang View Post
To me I could careless what happened during the traffic stop, I only care about what happened at the jail. The officer isn't going to be charged with anything on the traffic stop, because he didn't break any laws. Whether you agree with the officers decision to arrest her, he didn't have to explain that to the lady and so he made an arrest. The only thing that is left here is to determine whether this was a suicide or there was foul play. Again the dash cam video is irrelevant to me. But once again that is where the most focus is going to go and we are going to be arguing this case for months, and I believe that we are never going to fully understand what happened.
So very true.

Old 07-21-2015, 07:59 PM

21,461 posts, read 10,560,149 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by texdav View Post
I saw the video and she certainly didn't help herself . I also wander why her family did not bail her out within hours. Might be she couldn't even be booked how she was acting in the stop.it looked like dozens of traffic stops I have witnessed with people going crazy .
Her family was in Illinois.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events