Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-27-2015, 09:51 AM

7,982 posts, read 4,272,606 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leisesturm View Post
See, what I got from recent posts was that applicant screening and training for law enforcement entities would reduce police shootings regardless of what goes on with respect to mental health services in the community. And I agree. A thug is a thug whether he is British or American. Britain kills far fewer of their thugs than America. NONE of the many, many thugs killed in recent controversial police shootings would have received the death penalty for their perceived transgressions. They have wired officers to bio-telemetry equipment and put them in real world typical pull over situations. Whenever a majority of officers pull over black drivers, their telemetry readings go off the scale. Nothing about the African American driver, not their age, their gender or their deportment varies the response. An officer cannot think clearly when their heart rate has hit 200bpm. They are in a virtual fight or flight situation just from having viewed an African American. I think all officers should be tested during their training for their involuntary responses to African Americans and those that display these panic reflexes should not be deployed where they can possibly encounter African Americans while they are in an enforcement capacity.
Where is this special place? If they have panic responses to seeing black people, they shouldn't be public servants!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-27-2015, 09:53 AM

1,556 posts, read 1,902,788 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JerseyGirl415 View Post
Encinio sounds Hispanic to me. If he is, then that no longer fits the idiots' narrative of the "racist" white cops who are out to kill "innocent, unarmed" black people. So next we'll have people denying that he's Hispanic... kind of like they did with George Zimmerman.
What you wrote is nonsense. Hispanic isn't a race it is an ethnic group. He was a white Hispanic. It really isn't that difficult to understand. SMH.

Old 07-27-2015, 09:58 AM

672 posts, read 786,870 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mag32gie View Post
The trooper was probably brought up to respect authority.

Sandra Bland was fighting for a cause and felt no need to respect his authority so she fought him every inch of the way.

He decided to not let her get away with that and she didn't.
Another way he could have handled it?
Give her a ticket instead of the warning he was trying to issue or keep his mouth shut and bow down to her.

He decided to start a cause of his own, the fight for his belief in respect for authority.

Before I thought her suicide was probably because she lost the job but now I'm wondering if she just decided to "take one for the cause".
He could have handled it the way that his department requires him to handle it. How about that. And as for your last sentence there, what complete bull s h I t.

Old 07-27-2015, 10:05 AM

5,126 posts, read 7,387,770 times
I haven't read every post on this thread, but thing is for sure . . . that cop is a lying liar.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=49_wNH9OiYA

Old 07-27-2015, 10:07 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cali Doll View Post
Right, and you walked away alive. This is key.

I believe the cop acted like an ass, and he probably should not have been at work that day. He probably shouldn't be a cop at all! But, I think it's important to be aware of how these situations can escalate, quickly...especially if you are part of a group that is often profiled. Why put yourself in a situation that will most definitely not end well for you?? Why verbally fight the ass hole cop?

From all of the recent stories of police brutality, you should KNOW that this will not end well for you. Is it worth it to mouth off to a cop and possibly end up dead? ...or is it better to get away from this situation alive, so that you can legally and safely fight this ass hole cop?

People need to think about self-preservation and stop being so damn reactive. I'm tired of hearing stories about black people getting killed in these situations.
So you are basically supporting illegal search and seizure. Wake up call. The police role is not that of judge, jury and executioner. The system is broken and needs to be fix. You make as much sense as the people who go around saying a woman bears the responsibility of being raped.

Old 07-27-2015, 10:11 AM

7,982 posts, read 4,272,606 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dyadic View Post
So you are basically supporting illegal search and seizure. Wake up call. The police role is not that of judge, jury and executioner. The system is broken and needs to be fix. You make as much sense as the people who go around saying a woman bears the responsibility of being raped.
Where exactly did I say that?

Old 07-27-2015, 10:18 AM

42,783 posts, read 26,093,782 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 3a's View Post
In this case he probably starting smelling marijuana behind the cigarette smoke smell after standing there listening to her rant.
yeah, sure and he sort of 'forgot' to mention that in his report

Old 07-27-2015, 10:31 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cali Doll View Post
Where exactly did I say that?
I am so sorry. I thought I was responding for KathrynAragon's post. This is a good reason for me not to try to add my 2 cents from a cell phone ... lol.

Old 07-27-2015, 10:32 AM

14,891 posts, read 12,052,980 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JerseyGirl415 View Post
Sure but there are distinctions made on forms and applications in this country. Hispanics are treated as if they're a race rather than an ethnicity.
When you're being asked if you're Hispanic or white, I think there's a difference.
Actually, if you look at most forms, especially federal, state forms or other forms from companies, schools, or other entities that submit this information to the feds for "civil rights" purposes, the designation for a caucasian is "other" these days.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events