Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-27-2015, 02:29 PM

1,904 posts, read 1,036,260 times

Advertisements

YOUNG TURKS---got this one Right!
  • Suicide...after getting a Great FIRST Job and Recent Graduation from College?
  • Coming to town...to visit your work place and getting oriented to your New Career...then Suicide?
  • Calling friends in a calm manner, telling them where you are...and waiting to make bail...then Suicide?
  • She was very nice until PD asked her to put out her cigarette....then CONSTANTLY INTERRUPTED HER when she was trying to communicate to him.
  • Cop's unprofessional behavior...(dumbarse should have let her go).
  • Baiting and Trying to Aggravated Her with Stupid Remarks (..."you sound irritated?")
  • Pulls her over for not using Signal to change lanes????
  • Cop escalated the Situation....he could have kept kewl and just wrote here a ticket...INSTEAD he had to be "The Big Man...!"
Well...guess what?

Now this incident has got the Whole Nation Looking up "this cop and his departments" ARSE with a Micro-scope...over a short man's "Napoleon Complex"--- (had to get tough).

Screw them...let the Tax Payers of that county----foot the bill for this BS. A lot of UN-explained Questions from me. NO SIR....I will not take that bait---and i'm White (WASP).

LINK

Last edited by Balkins; 07-27-2015 at 02:48 PM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-27-2015, 02:40 PM

9,855 posts, read 11,888,541 times
Am I the only conspiracy NUT wondering why Bland looks so bad in that mug shot? I mean... no one is at their best... celebritymugshots.com, hello.... but.... really? I don't know. Someone mentioned make-up, or rather the lack of it. Look at that woman in the frame above and tell me that she really lays on the foundation... Open minded people everywhere are wondering just wtf happened. Humans would still think the earth is flat if we didn't question $#!+, its what we do (some of us). It's how we roll (some of us).

Old 07-27-2015, 02:52 PM

2,540 posts, read 2,742,637 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Balkins View Post
YOUNG TURKS---got this one Right!
  • Suicide...after getting a Great FIRST Job and Recent Graduation from College?
  • Coming to town...to visit your work place and getting oriented to your New Career...then Suicide?
  • Calling friends in a calm manner, telling them where you are...and waiting to make bail...then Suicide?
  • She was very nice until PD asked her to put out her cigarette....then CONSTANTLY INTERRUPTED HER when she was trying to communicate to him.
  • Cop's unprofessional behavior...(dumbarse should have let her go).
  • Baiting and Trying to Aggravated Her with Stupid Remarks (..."you sound irritated?")
  • Pulls her over for not using Signal to change lanes????
  • Cop escalated the Situation....he could have kept kewl and just wrote here a ticket...INSTEAD he had to be "The Big Man...!"
Watching the full video of the traffic stop, I feel that she was well within her right to be upset. The whole reason she got pulled over made no sense whatsoever (not using a turn signal to change lanes? ). And why would she need to put out her cigarette while she was sitting in the car? And then not only did he try to yank her out of the car, he also told her she's under arrest (arrest for what?). Everything she said to the officer before she got out of the car was completely correct. And then...3 days later she supposedly committed suicide in her jail cell? I'm not buying that at all.

Old 07-27-2015, 03:22 PM

3,175 posts, read 3,644,697 times
Do you REALLY think she still had the job after she was put in jail? Teachers get fired for driving while drinking. I don't believe she still had the job, maybe that IS why she did it.

Old 07-27-2015, 03:45 PM

9,855 posts, read 11,888,541 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mag32gie View Post
Do you REALLY think she still had the job after she was put in jail? Teachers get fired for driving while drinking. I don't believe she still had the job, maybe that IS why she did it.
She wasn't driving while drinking. Her new employer was an intitution of higher education. Liberal in outlook? Possibly? I think they would have wanted to hire her more than ever after that video went viral. It is more likely that after that stupid cop got into some of the deepest poo of his life over his actions on Friday that him or some of his buddies were allowed to visit Bland and spend some quality time with her ironing out some of the difficulties in their communication the previous week. That's what I think. I don't know anymore than I can know, and that isn't much.

Old 07-27-2015, 04:06 PM

34,620 posts, read 21,491,843 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by UrbanCrossroads View Post
Watching the full video of the traffic stop, I feel that she was well within her right to be upset.
Most people are upset when getting pulled over. I know get upset; however, I just do the whole, "Yes sir, no sir" because it does no good at all to argue with the cop.

Quote:
The whole reason she got pulled over made no sense whatsoever (not using a turn signal to change lanes? ).
Well, although a stupid reason for being pulled over, it is the law. Additionally, we don't know if the cop was suspicious of anything else and just used that as an excuse to check her out to see if anything else was going on.

Quote:
And why would she need to put out her cigarette while she was sitting in the car?
My guess is that he didn't like the smoke. At that point, he was within his right to order her to extinguish it. It may have seemed unnecessary to many people, but since he was acting within the law and detaining her, he can order her to put it out.

Quote:
And then not only did he try to yank her out of the car, he also told her she's under arrest (arrest for what?).
She didn't get out when he ordered her to get out, so at that point, he can pull her out.

In Texas, that traffic infraction is a Class C Misdemeanor which allows the officer to use his discretion to have her sign a promise to appear instead of arresting her.

In essence, cops do us a favor (even though the logistics of the matter are clear) by giving us the promise to appear instead of arresting us. You might not like it, but technically, it's true.

Quote:
Everything she said to the officer before she got out of the car was completely correct.
Actually, she should have put out the cigarette when requested to do so. But if you would rather irritate the cop by not doing so, he can irritate you by using his discretion to arrest you for the violation.

Quote:
And then...3 days later she supposedly committed suicide in her jail cell? I'm not buying that at all.
So, you believe a person in a completely different agency killed her, doctored the video tapes, coerced the person in the cell next door and got the medical examiner to go along with it because the Hispanic cop was irritated? Talk about jumping the shark.

Old 07-27-2015, 04:20 PM

2,540 posts, read 2,742,637 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PedroMartinez View Post
So, you believe a person in a completely different agency killed her, doctored the video tapes, coerced the person in the cell next door and got the medical examiner to go along with it because the Hispanic cop was irritated? Talk about jumping the shark.
Nope, those are YOUR words, not mine.

Old 07-27-2015, 04:48 PM

67,652 posts, read 60,440,091 times
To the person who left this "rep point" for me anonymously:

Quote:
Posts like these really make me re-think my opinion of you.
1. Thanks for the rep point.

2. That being said, I don't post on this forum to impress strangers. I express my opinion here, and some people like and some people don't, but it's very cheap entertainment and besides that, I do learn from reading the perspective of others. Maybe you do too - I hope so. Regardless of whether I agree with other posters or not, I can usually tell which posters have really thought out what they're saying and what they believe, and researched the topic, and I generally respect those posters whether I agree with them or not. Like I said, sometimes I learn from them too.

3. Speaking of respect, what I DON'T respect is people who post gnarly comments as "rep points" but don't have the courage to sign their name. Don't you find those sorts to be sort of smarmy and weenie-fied?

But hey, at least I get the rep points, which are worth absolutely nothing but they beat a stick in the eye I guess!

Old 07-27-2015, 04:50 PM

42,757 posts, read 26,009,001 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mag32gie View Post
Much bigger bull s h i t is saying she was murdered. Let's just cross off the murder theory and you list the possible reasons why she would have killed herself? I can think of only three.

1. I will show them!
2. Loss of the job.
3. I will go down in history to keep my cause alive.
Really? You think people kill themselves to "show them"? Have you ever heard of, or known anyone who suffers from depression?

Old 07-27-2015, 04:52 PM

67,652 posts, read 60,440,091 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by FinsterRufus View Post
Hang on, you're a dangerous driver but you're making a case for superiority here because at least you're polite?

IMHO, jail is a last resort. If a person is not a suspect in a crime, not under the influence or doesn't have warrants, then there's no reason to drag them off to the Gulag, rude or not. Being rude is not a crime. Jail is not a place for non violent traffic offenders. Not in this country.

I'm sure the jail staff are not exactly thrilled at the hot water they find themselves in because Officer Ego couldn't handle an irritated driver without resorting to dumping her in their custody. Bet they wish he'd just issued the citation and sent her on her way.
I didn't say I was superior to anyone. What I said is that when I'm pulled over, I'm polite to the officer. Because I'm polite, I don't get my ass whupped by the PO-lice. That's about it.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events