Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-20-2015, 11:57 AM

50,783 posts, read 36,474,703 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by LetsRock View Post
McCain dragged down Palin as a candidate. She had approval numbers unheard of by any politictian. IF it were not for John McCain and HIS handlers, she would be running right now.
I highly doubt it. She's dumb as a bag of rocks and that's why she is barely relevant anymore. Ross Perot had numbers like that too once upon a time. She was the flavor of the moment, that's all. She was never fit for the White House.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-20-2015, 12:27 PM

3,680 posts, read 2,965,446 times
Reading this thread has given me early symptons of PTSD. Blood being spilled a year early. Before the internet, things didn't get earnest nearly this year.

Old 07-20-2015, 12:28 PM

17,273 posts, read 9,558,442 times
Quote:
McCain dragged down Palin as a candidate. She had approval numbers unheard of by any politictian. IF it were not for John McCain and HIS handlers, she would be running right now.
Um, no. You've got that backward.

Old 07-20-2015, 12:35 PM

50,807 posts, read 24,310,427 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by macrodome2 View Post
As far as I'm concerned, military awards and service should be off limits (unless there was a dishonorable discharge or crime committed), especially by those who haven't served. It was the same crap when Kerry ran and that group questioned his Silver and Bronze stars. Totally out of line.

And he can't even remember what foot he got the medical deferment for? Must have been a real problem, that foot.
If you're running for office, nothing is off limits, particularly when you or your campaign bring the general topic up yourself.

Old 07-20-2015, 12:38 PM

50,807 posts, read 24,310,427 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ocnjgirl View Post
I highly doubt it. She's dumb as a bag of rocks and that's why she is barely relevant anymore. Ross Perot had numbers like that too once upon a time. She was the flavor of the moment, that's all. She was never fit for the White House.
Hey. I have 2 degrees in geology. Don't insult rocks!

Old 07-20-2015, 12:45 PM

1,534 posts, read 4,260,981 times
I am really glad that I'm a 65 year old geezer. I'll cheerfully die (I hope) before I have to see the decline of a once great nation, wherein the citizens thereof respected honor, duty and selfless valor, and most importantly - valued it in their elected leaders.

PERSONAL QUESTION; HOW MANY OF YOU COMMENTATORS HAVE EVER BORN THE BURDENS OF COMBAT (AND THE LIFELONG DAMAGES SOME HAVE ENDURED, INCLUDING MYSELF?)

NOW, LETS HAVE SOME HONESTY HERE - LAY OUT YOUR CREDS. HAVE YOU EVER SERVED AND SUFFERED FOR YOUR SERVICE???

PLEASE PARDON ME - BUT I'M NOT REAL TOLERANT OF CHICHEN HAWK POLITICIANS (OR PEOPLE WHO LIKE TO RUN OFF AT THE MOUTH WITH NO CREDS ON THE SUBJECT) - JOHN MCCAIN PAID DUES MOST FOLKS CAN'T IMAGINE.

PUT UP OR SHUTUP - WHAT IS YOUR BACKGROUND? DO YOU HAVE COMBAT CREDS IN THE 'NAM?

PLEASE DO ADVISE US OF YOUR CREDS - OR - BEST TO KEEP YOUR MOUTH SHUT. JMHO

Old 07-20-2015, 12:55 PM

16,569 posts, read 15,271,829 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jaypee View Post
To be in the combat position where you can be captured as a POW is heroic.
Tell that to Al Franken when he said much worse about McCain but I bet you don’t remember that. He said the idea is not to get captured but to capture THEM. Did you know this?

Old 07-20-2015, 12:55 PM

50,783 posts, read 36,474,703 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by phetaroi View Post
Hey. I have 2 degrees in geology. Don't insult rocks!
Sorry.

Old 07-20-2015, 01:16 PM

33,942 posts, read 22,524,110 times
Quote:
I don't need to "serve" to have an opinon. As a taxpayer I get to have a say about anything and everthing I choose. Joining the military is no different than any other job.
Unless there is a war on. And you talk about 'joining'. Remember the DRAFT? Many young men had no choice in the matter because they weren't wealthy or have a pesky bone spur in a foot they can't remember.

Quote:
So Bo Bergdahl is a "hero" for being captured in Iraq?
Do you know what a Deserter is?

Quote:
Well, now I have a better idea of where you are coming from. McCain wasn't going to win either way but Palin was a complete disaster.

Old 07-20-2015, 01:22 PM

2,776 posts, read 3,057,033 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by arjay57 View Post
Trump is barbecuing both the Dems and the Republicans and they can't stand it.
I want to know what he was doing during The Vietnam War? I know we have freedom of speech in this country, but honestly he, Trump, needs to really cut the crap. If he were really all that concerned about veterans would he have not, already, set up some sort of organization for them???
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events