Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-18-2015, 03:53 PM

25 posts, read 25,582 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Homophobic attitudes are more likely to found in individuals who harbour unacknowledged attraction towards the same sex, a series of psychology studies have found.

The study, which analysed four separate experiments conducted in the US and Germany, provides empirical evidence to suggest that homophobia is in fact the ‘external manifestation of repressed sexual desires they feel towards their own gender’, reports IBT.

Moderator cut: copyright issues
Homophobes likely to be closet gays, study finds · PinkNews

Well well well...

moderator cut: image removed

Last edited by Marka; 07-19-2015 at 03:13 AM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-18-2015, 03:59 PM

3,368 posts, read 2,866,940 times
+1

Old 07-18-2015, 04:02 PM

2,495 posts, read 4,349,351 times
Dumbest report ever posted on this forum. I'm indifferent to homosexuality. Don't give 2 sheets, they'aren't anymore special than us hetero but labeling folks who aren't accustomed or exposed to that lifestyle "repressed" is very reckless and irresponsible.

You guys are doing more than reaching just to shove this noise down the throats of people that don't quite understand it yet. It actually has the counter effect. Calm the eff down. And live your life ..just like everyone else for goodness sakes. Absolute Nonsense and. Quite pathetic if you ask me.

Old 07-18-2015, 04:04 PM
AFP

7,412 posts, read 6,855,558 times
Many of them also fall somewhere in the middle of the spectrum. The whole notion that only Gay or Straight exists is pure ignorance and denial. I would agree many homophobes are struggling with their sexuality and some of them are Gay.

Old 07-18-2015, 04:04 PM

8,087 posts, read 9,807,650 times
Homosexuals clumsily using a version of the same tired cliches used by blacks and feminists. How boring.

Old 07-18-2015, 04:05 PM
AFP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Percentage View Post
Dumbest report ever posted on this forum. I'm indifferent to homosexuality. Don't give 2 sheets, they'aren't anymore special than us hetero but labeling folks who aren't accustomed or exposed to that lifestyle "repressed" is very reckless and irresponsible.

You guys are doing more than reaching just to shove this noise down the throats of people that don't quite understand it yet. It actually has the counter effect. Calm the eff down. And live your life ..just like everyone else for goodness sakes. Absolute Nonsense and. Quite pathetic if you ask me.

It hit a nerve with you which could be telling.

Old 07-18-2015, 04:10 PM

25 posts, read 25,582 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Felix C View Post
Homosexuals clumsily using a version of the same tired cliches used by blacks and feminists. How boring.

Old 07-18-2015, 04:12 PM

2,495 posts, read 4,349,351 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AFP View Post
It hit a nerve with you which could be telling.
Sure, I'd be glad to sample your mother as proof of the nerve it struck. Get over yourself. This gay talk is becoming a real nuisance in the face of real problems. You've been given equal rights to marry...run along and become a part of normal American society instead of trying to brand everyone that is ignorant of your sexual preference/lifestyle as repressed. Some people just don't give a **** about it. Simple

Old 07-18-2015, 04:14 PM

6,141 posts, read 3,359,534 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Felix C View Post
I hate to say this..from real life experiences..I have known many outspoken people that either hated or feared ( especially males) and was actually placed between them and him...I LOL in my friends face..and he was embarrassed..but said he was afraid of them..This was back 25+ years ago..But even back then I had worked hand in hand with gay co-workers..and I have to say..Their compassion and care was impressive to me..which taught..These folk are human and care just as deeply as I did..and we worked so well together..always backed each other up in emergencies..Couldn't have asked for more wonderful co-workers..and that fact held true throughout my career ..over 45 years not counting my training...

No one will ever tell me Gay or trans folks are hateful..sinful nor aberrant humans..I've met hundreds++++ of rather disgusting heterosexual people ( 45years+ career), who somehow they are more important than ANYONE even superior to others....I just SMH..

Old 07-18-2015, 04:21 PM
AFP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Percentage View Post
Sure, I'd be glad to sample your mother as proof of the nerve it struck. Get over yourself. This gay talk is becoming a real nuisance in the face of real problems. You've been given equal rights to marry...run along and become a part of normal American society instead of trying to brand everyone that is ignorant of your sexual preference/lifestyle as repressed. Some people just don't give a **** about it. Simple
Comical I must say, aside from the insults I'll respond. First off I'm not Gay but that's not relevant. Second I'm already married with the opposite sex which isn't relevant either. Third you are absolutely interested in discussing homosexuality or you wouldn't have bothered to read the thread much less post twice. Like I said the topic hit a nerve with you you're defensiveness says it all.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events