Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-20-2015, 07:33 AM

29,522 posts, read 22,674,035 times

Advertisements

Probably the best candidate out there in a sea full of chumps

Presidential Sensation Deez Nuts Is a 15-Year-Old Iowa Farm Boy - The Daily Beast

Quote:
Deez Nuts, the Independent candidate from Iowa, is polling at 9 percent in North Carolina for President of the United States.

Sadly, Deez Nuts does not appear to exist. But Brady Olson does.

“When I heard about the Limberbutt McCubbins story, I realized I could,” Olson tells The Daily Beast.

Brady Olson is 15 years old. He filed to run for the President of the United States with the FEC on July 26 as Deez Nuts.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-20-2015, 09:16 AM

17,599 posts, read 15,279,200 times
That should certainly spotlight how this election especially is a choice between a giant douche and a turd sandwich. But, then again, aren't they all?

A reasonably viable, moderate third party candidate could easily swoop in and take it.. But I can't think of who would fit that bill.

Old 08-20-2015, 09:17 AM

17,208 posts, read 15,421,256 times
Yeah I heard about this this morning.

Old 08-20-2015, 09:20 AM

12,713 posts, read 15,544,684 times
The nation should come together and elect some dude who drinks beer after his construction shift and plays fantasy football. Couldn't possibly do worse than what we've had for some time now. And I'm not taking sides, I'm talking Dems and Repubs.

Old 08-20-2015, 09:25 AM

17,208 posts, read 15,421,256 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr_Geek View Post
The nation should come together and elect some dude who drinks beer after his construction shift and plays fantasy football. Couldn't possibly do worse than what we've had for some time now. And I'm not taking sides, I'm talking Dems and Repubs.
I agree. Elect the average-Joe type of person

Old 08-20-2015, 11:22 AM

23,652 posts, read 14,008,920 times
Last time I checked, one needs to be at least 35 years old to be President.

Now, someone might say, "So what?" in regards to the naturally born issue......but age is a lot easier to prove.

Old 08-20-2015, 12:57 PM

15,802 posts, read 20,526,504 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Labonte18 View Post
That should certainly spotlight how this election especially is a choice between a giant douche and a turd sandwich. But, then again, aren't they all?

A reasonably viable, moderate third party candidate could easily swoop in and take it.. But I can't think of who would fit that bill.
I agree. Shows you how crappy the field is this year.

Where's the "None of these candidates - select new pool" option when we vote?

Old 08-20-2015, 01:04 PM

17,599 posts, read 15,279,200 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TamaraSavannah View Post
Last time I checked, one needs to be at least 35 years old to be President.

Now, someone might say, "So what?" in regards to the naturally born issue......but age is a lot easier to prove.
Someone has to be 35 to be president.. But not to RUN for president.

He's really doing this to spotlight how dumb, in places, our election process is.. He can run, but can't serve if he wins.. So, if he were elected (Yeah, we're just speculating here, not gonna happen) his Vice President would wind up being the president.. If his VP were ineligible for whatever reason as well, it would automatically throw it to Boehner.

The interesting thing.. You only have to be 25 to be a representative.. So, technically, it's possible the Speaker could be ineligible.. And then it falls to the president of the senate.. Who could be underage.. Then it would go to cabinet members, but cabinet members would have been appointed by the previous president.

The odds of this are pretty much impossible.. But.. It's interesting to think about. Sort of.

Old 08-20-2015, 08:29 PM

4,862 posts, read 7,966,310 times
Has anyone ever considered the origin of the or what term deez nuts came from? Here's a hint. Package check. Either people have no clue or they don't care. Just a sample of the potential origin.

http://www.bofads.com/stories/deeznutssayings.htm

Old 08-20-2015, 10:03 PM

422 posts, read 336,539 times
Last time we had a presidential election, someone had actually entered Santa Claus as an independent in our state. They obviously had enough signatures and met the requirements. I don't think many folks knew, but since I always read the sample ballots i get sent, it gave me a good laugh!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events